Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

I noticed you posted about losing your first 10 games the other day so thought I’d give it a go with my first 5... unfortunately I scored an on goal and quit all of them so I’ve basically just shafted myself lol currently 11/9 and my matchmaking has been just as tough as it usually is I guess that’s due to me quitting and not seeing the whole game through... won’t be doing it again either way lol 

Haha oh God! Sorry lol Yeah, I definitely should have explained that a little better! So I imagine you're technically on a +7 instead of +2, and coming up against opponents who are also on things like 14 - 7, etc. lol Ouch....

The good thing about understanding how the match-making system works though is that it means I don't get stressed at all by WL. I know even if I have a terrible start, chances are I'm still going to finish Gold 2. 

I think not understanding how the MM works is why people get frustrated with WL too, especially if they quit a lot. Sometimes I'm against a string of tough opponents, then all of a sudden I come across someone easy that I absolutely batter, even though I'm on a high rating. I always think "why am I matched against this guy" - then when they're a few down in the first half, they quit. Then it clicks - it's probably a guy whose rating should probably be fairly average, but he's RQ every game he's lost so the game thinks he's +7 or +8, and puts him against harder opponents. Which makes him RQ even more. It's a vicious circle really.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Haha oh God! Sorry lol Yeah, I definitely should have explained that a little better! So I imagine you're technically on a +7 instead of +2, and coming up against opponents who are also on things like 14 - 7, etc. lol Ouch....

The good thing about understanding how the match-making system works though is that it means I don't get stressed at all by WL. I know even if I have a terrible start, chances are I'm still going to finish Gold 2. 

I think not understanding how the MM works is why people get frustrated with WL too, especially if they quit a lot. Sometimes I'm against a string of tough opponents, then all of a sudden I come across someone easy that I absolutely batter, even though I'm on a high rating. I always think "why am I matched against this guy" - then when they're a few down in the first half, they quit. Then it clicks - it's probably a guy whose rating should probably be fairly average, but he's RQ every game he's lost so the game thinks he's +7 or +8, and puts him against harder opponents. Which makes him RQ even more. It's a vicious circle really.

Going to give this a try next weekend. Although winning 14 out of 20 seems a tall order for me but will give it go. Cheers for explaining how it all works though.

40 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

I’ll give it a bash next week but it must take an age to lose all those games lol just have to have it running through the day whilst I do other things

The most frustrating thing for me at the minute is through balls!!! I get absolutely hammered by them constantly I’d say easily 9/10 goals I concede are from them and 90% of those are the 1s that cut across your defender which seems to glitch them out so you physically can’t stop it!!! I’ve tried doing it myself opting for the whole if you can’t beat them join them strategy but I can’t do it myself for toffee lol 

23 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

The most frustrating thing for me at the minute is through balls!!! I get absolutely hammered by them constantly I’d say easily 9/10 goals I concede are from them and 90% of those are the 1s that cut across your defender which seems to glitch them out so you physically can’t stop it!!! I’ve tried doing it myself opting for the whole if you can’t beat them join them strategy but I can’t do it myself for toffee lol 

YES THIS!!!! Frustrates the flipping life out of me! How on earth do I keep getting hit by these insane through balls that leave my opponent 1 on 1! Every time! And I mean every time I attempt it my attackers just run into the defenders and cant get passed, I've given up with through balls entirely in the final third, they dont work for me lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kyuubi said:

YES THIS!!!! Frustrates the flipping life out of me! How on earth do I keep getting hit by these insane through balls that leave my opponent 1 on 1! Every time! And I mean every time I attempt it my attackers just run into the defenders and cant get passed, I've given up with through balls entirely in the final third, they dont work for me lol

It’s wild man they seem to get it to work every time! It’s 100% a glitch as even if you’re controlling the defender they still seem to glitch out... I don’t know if my frustration is even more so as I can’t do it myself over the fact I can’t defend it lol maybe it’s time to drop my 7 depth as well as that can’t be helping the situation lol 

Must be really bad at this as I can hardly score at all with eto 😂 get more goals with nacho at the min but will keep trying him. Hoping for a good cb sbc so to come soon as my defence is p*** poor 

21 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

It’s wild man they seem to get it to work every time! It’s 100% a glitch as even if you’re controlling the defender they still seem to glitch out... I don’t know if my frustration is even more so as I can’t do it myself over the fact I can’t defend it lol maybe it’s time to drop my 7 depth as well as that can’t be helping the situation lol 

Haha yeah the defence just parts like the red sea its disgusting! There must be something to it, even when I trigger forward runs it doesnt work. Depth doesnt really work for me, I actually find my defenders are in better positions If I play a higher depth lol

14 minutes ago, Md9 said:

Must be really bad at this as I can hardly score at all with eto 😂 get more goals with nacho at the min but will keep trying him. Hoping for a good cb sbc so to come soon as my defence is p*** poor 

Sorry to hear that. For me he has been the best ST ive owned in all fifas. Guess it depends on each players individual style though.

8 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Sorry to hear that. For me he has been the best ST ive owned in all fifas. Guess it depends on each players individual style though.

I am sure he will come good I think it’s more I am just struggling with the game more than anything at the min can’t score can’t defend good combo hey 😂😂

1 hour ago, dbtcity said:

I’ll give it a bash next week but it must take an age to lose all those games lol just have to have it running through the day whilst I do other things

Yeah, it takes a while, haha.

But actually playing 30 games takes bloody ages, so it saves me playing 10 or so, while I can do something more productive! . Not that I don't like playing FIFA, but 30 games in a weekend is just too much (especially if you're out for a day). I just stick an elastic band on the controller, so it doesn't automatically time out, then go and do something better with my time

In fact, I have one going on now while I type this lol 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Just done around 50 premium premier league upgrade packs... only one walkout in firmino

But omg I mustve got matic, kepa and shaqiri in every other pack, feels rigged! Lol

Done 6 so far got Cary Cahill 5 times already 😂 of guita place gk I imagine will see them a few more times yet 😂😂

• Haha 1

3 games left... 1 win needed for gold 3 lol Lawdy Lawdy Lawdy I fvcked up quitting those first 5 games... I think they call it Karma lol... got it sweating my balls off with my last game!!! What has happened to me man I’ve turned to absolute poop... the through balls continued for my opponents and I continued to still be unable to do them or even defend them! I think I should just stop trying as I’m constantly just giving the ball away trying to join the club

• Like 1

Glad I didn’t bother with weekend league rivals have been such a crappy weekend lost so many over the last few days and players I am playing against defo shouldn’t be in div 6/7. Can see me slipping right down to div 10 over the next few days as can’t seem to get a win from anywhere 

First time I've ever bothered to go past gold 3 and just scraped gold 2 lol

Needed 2 wins from my final 4 and of course I lose 2 in a row against the sweatiest skillers! Luckily the next 2 games I managed to get early goals and made them rage quit before half time, utter relief!!! 

• Like 1