Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

21 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Not looked into IGS but it's a joke. 

Can't believe there was never a winter refresh either. FUT Birthday Vardy is selling for more than his TOTS due to the WF and SM. 

Online Seasons Vards has a 4* WF. Last year we seen tots get upgraded for WF as minimum. 

Even Fofana’s 89 has more in game stats.

Also has 99 short and long pass! :giggle:

An outrageous CD card that will be overlooked because of the overall rating of 89.

Just got TOTS Cancelo from a player pick pack.

Do I complete Rodri or go for Makelele? Makelele I need Kane and Verratti to complete the 86 rated squad. 85, 86 and 87 all ready to trade in. If I didn't go Makelele the 87 squad would go towards a guarantee TOTS. 

This is currently me. I want TOTS Luke Shaw for Digne and Vardy for Lineker other than that not sure where I can change... or do I go back to a back 5?

Help 😂

Screenshot_20210501-133216_Companion.jpg

Edited by Ashley

3 minutes ago, Sly said:

How is everyone getting on with the weekend league? 

11-9… like last weekend I win one, I lose one. I win 3 on the trot I lose the next two.

Not great, but at least I have a shot of Gold 2.

Lots of teams playing 4-2-4 or 4-3-1-2 constant pressure again. Suppose this is how it will be throughout TOTS.

I’m at 14-11

It’s only the 2nd time I’ve done it. 

I’ve lost 3 in a row now though so  need a break before I play the last 5.

Edited by Sly

12 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

8-5

I hate weekend league with a passion I dont know why I do this to myself lol

I’m only doing it for the PL player pick really. 

57 minutes ago, Kyuubi said:

Yep same with me, I've only done weekend league a few times this year, this will certainly be my last I promise lol

It’s just a lot of time doing 30 games. 

I beat someone 11-2 earlier and in the end I just passed the balls around for 10 minutes. I had 80% possession and they still didn’t quit. 😂 

23 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s just a lot of time doing 30 games. 

I beat someone 11-2 earlier and in the end I just passed the balls around for 10 minutes. I had 80% possession and they still didn’t quit. 😂 

Most people won't quit, because of how the matchmaking. If you quit games, you're always going to be stuck against harder opponents.

28 minutes ago, Charl91 said:

Most people won't quit, because of how the matchmaking. If you quit games, you're always going to be stuck against harder opponents.

How does the match making working then? 

8 minutes ago, Ashley said:

1f22a0bd-cdd2-47c0-9663-5cac9408e764_compress31.thumb.jpg.a3bb62036217e40237259c5607c11e65.jpg

Screenshot_20210501-215832_Companion.thumb.jpg.eedaeaa8d31db332118d9ef93d074780.jpgnow sitting on 90k with plenty left to sell. KDB is going, Rashford, Lineker. 

They'll fund Vardy and the rest will hopefully get Dias or Shaw. 

Edited by Ashley

1 hour ago, Sly said:

How does the match making working then? 

You have your (hidden) ELO rating. So basically you get a +1 for winning a game and a -1 for losing a game. So if you're on 7 wins, 2 losses you have a rating of +5, but if you have say 4 wins, 6 losses, your rating would be -2. I think the highest positive rating you can get is +14 (not sure about negative).

The game tries to match you up with players who have a similar (though not exactly the same) rating. That's why you'll find if you start really well and go say 8 - 0, you'll start losing a lot - because your rank is going higher, and you're coming up against much better players who also have a good rating. Similarly, if you have a terrible start, your rating will be poor, you'll be more likely to come up against poor players, and you'll start to win more later on. It's the reason why people tend to finish roughly the same rank each week.

If I play 30 games, I tend to finish Gold 2. I can also rubber band (because I'm scum) the first 10 games, and still finish Gold 2. Because if I rubber band the first 10 games, I have a rating of -10, so I'm going to be coming up against poor players; chances are I'm going to win most, if not all of the next 10 games at least (I tend to finish on about +4/+5, I reckon), because I'll be against players much worse than myself until my ranking balances out.

The problem is this - if you DNF / "rage quit" a game, it doesn't lower your ranking. Reason for this is probably very simple - lots of people would just quit their first 10 games or so, so they can come up against easier players.

So say you played won games (+10), and lost 9 (-9). Your current ranking would be +1, and you'd be coming up against other players who are around +1.

But if you won 10 games (+10) and rage quit 9 (-0), your current ranking would be +10, and you're still getting put against players who are also at around that high ranking. So even though you're still getting battered, the game isn't putting you against easier opponents.

It's why you should never quit a WL game. Better to stick an elastic band on and walk off, because at least then you're next game might be a little easier.

Edited by Charl91
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Charl91 said:

You have your (hidden) ELO rating. So basically you get a +1 for winning a game and a -1 for losing a game. So if you're on 7 wins, 2 losses you have a rating of +5, but if you have say 4 wins, 6 losses, your rating would be -2. I think the highest positive rating you can get is +14 (not sure about negative).

The game tries to match you up with players who have a similar (though not exactly the same) rating. That's why you'll find if you start really well and go say 8 - 0, you'll start losing a lot - because your rank is going higher, and you're coming up against much better players who also have a good rating. Similarly, if you have a terrible start, your rating will be poor, you'll be more likely to come up against poor players, and you'll start to win more later on. It's the reason why people tend to finish roughly the same rank each week.

If I play 30 games, I tend to finish Gold 2. I can also rubber band (because I'm scum) the first 10 games, and still finish Gold 2. Because if I rubber band the first 10 games, I have a rating of -10, so I'm going to be coming up against poor players; chances are I'm going to win most, if not all of the next 10 games at least (I tend to finish on about +4/+5, I reckon), because I'll be against players much worse than myself until my ranking balances out.

The problem is this - if you DNF / "rage quit" a game, it doesn't lower your ranking. Reason for this is probably very simple - lots of people would just quit their first 10 games or so, so they can come up against easier players.

So say you played won games (+10), and lost 9 (-9). Your current ranking would be +1, and you'd be coming up against other players who are around +1.

But if you won 10 games (+10) and rage quit 9 (-0), your current ranking would be +10, and you're still getting put against players who are also at around that high ranking. So even though you're still getting battered, the game isn't putting you against easier opponents.

It's why you should never quit a WL game. Better to stick an elastic band on and walk off, because at least then you're next game might be a little easier.

I noticed you posted about losing your first 10 games the other day so thought I’d give it a go with my first 5... unfortunately I scored an on goal and quit all of them so I’ve basically just shafted myself lol currently 11/9 and my matchmaking has been just as tough as it usually is I guess that’s due to me quitting and not seeing the whole game through... won’t be doing it again either way lol