Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

William Carvalho?

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

:nigel:

I've seen that run before.

You've parked the car in a hurry, are juggling your house keys, car keys and bags of shopping, trying to get up the drive to the door and get it open as quickly as you can lest you purge yer troosers.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, shailen said:

Him and N'didi. No one is breaking that down. We can quite easily play with 4 strikers/attacking players with those two in midfield 

Why would you want to? 

More attacking players =/= more goals. 

Someone has to actually create goals. There have very, very, very rarely throughout history been succesful sides with more than one "ball winning" midfielder. 

You should only ever need one Ndidi. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Think he could be a very good signing. We saw how Liverpool and Man City opened us up at times in the fixtures vs them this season, if we do well in Europe we’ll be coming up against teams with that quality. 

Could really add a bit of steel and tactical nous to midfield when we need it. 

..just been on the YouTube train!!!

He does a lot of great things, has an aura of leadership about him.

The problem is his off loads, they are either poor, not so as the supporting runner can run on to it, drags and holds up the play, killing an attack and not positive and pushing the play forward.

Got to say no to this on, as we will all be frustrated with his decisions and executions.

Their are better players out there just not with his commanding persona.

3 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Why would you want to? 

Someone has to actually create goals. There have very, very, very rarely throughout history been succesful sides with more than one "ball winning" midfielder. 

If we want to compete with the best, I think we need to realise that sometimes we will need to play 2 defensive mids. I think back to the games over Christmas against City and Liverpool and what difference a player like that would have made. We are not the best team in the league to be able to consistently out play the opposition. Sometimes we need to do more to restrict the opposition. 

30 minutes ago, shailen said:

If we want to compete with the best, I think we need to realise that sometimes we will need to play 2 defensive mids. I think back to the games over Christmas against City and Liverpool and what difference a player like that would have made. We are not the best team in the league to be able to consistently out play the opposition. Sometimes we need to do more to restrict the opposition. 

We got dicked by both of those teams out wide, not down the middle, because we left Chilwell against some of the best wider players in the world on his own and then act surprised when a young full back not famous for his defensive positioning got torn apart.

• Like 1

On 21/06/2020 at 09:13, browniefox said:

8 points ahead, 3 wins would give them 9 points and put them ahead by one point, our goal difference doesn't come into it. 

On 22/06/2020 at 13:41, Aus Fox said:

What exactly about Manchester United under Solskjaer leads you to believe they will win all 8 remaining games?

https://www.transfermarkt.com/william-carvalho-agrees-terms-with-leicester-real-betis-want-significant-deal/view/news/363618

3 minutes ago, enmac said:

But is the Mercury a reliable source re. football? 

Well that’s what I mean, are they totally off the pace? Having worked in local media, for a very brief stint, you don’t normally go balls out saying something categorically isn’t going to happen, as in this scenario, unless you’re pretty sure. Seems odd that’s all considering the nationals are saying it’s done bar the fee being agreed. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Why would you want to? 

The game has changed by the like of Pep and Klopp.

There aim is to be 3-0 up at 70 mins, dinosaurs like Mourinho aim to be 1-0 up. if you're going to be a top side you need a team capable of averaging 2+ goals per game.

8 hours ago, Gerard said:

The game has changed by the like of Pep and Klopp.

There aim is to be 3-0 up at 70 mins, dinosaurs like Mourinho aim to be 1-0 up. if you're going to be a top side you need a team capable of averaging 2+ goals per game.

Did you mean to quote me? 

I'm not sure I get the relevance of what you're saying. 

No thanks. Past his sell by date, slow as a boat and will be very cruelly exposed in the prem. 

I guess by signing him, Rodgers is saying Mendy and Hamza aren't good enough. Problem is, neither is Carvalho.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mythyaar said:

No thanks. Past his sell by date, slow as a boat and will be very cruelly exposed in the prem. 

I guess by signing him, Rodgers is saying Mendy and Hamza aren't good enough. Problem is, neither is Carvalho.

Or we are just going to play with 4 defensive midfielders ;)