Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

William Carvalho?

12 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

There's definitely been a shift in transfer strategy since Rodgerston arrived, and its a shame as it was working so well. We seem to be going for established experience players now between 26-32. (Perez, Praet, Bennett, Carvalho, Lallana?)

The signs so far are that its not a good thing either, as none of the older players we've signed have shown particularly good form to nail down a starting place.

That is indeed my worry, trying to counteract this with our determination to get Demirhal and then Tapsoba who both still fit the profile of player we so successfully started recruiting after the disaster of 2016/17.

This is one of those deals that happens if we don’t get what we want in getting Mendy to sign a long term extension. The Mercury know nothing these days, especially since Tanner left so I would take anything coming from them with a big pinch of salt. 

3 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

This is one of those deals that happens if we don’t get what we want in getting Mendy to sign a long term extension. The Mercury know nothing these days, especially since Tanner left so I would take anything coming from them with a big pinch of salt. 

Would we really pay £15m + for a back up DCM who is 28 though? Got far more pressing concerns. We ought to lob a huge sell on fee to Adil Aouchiche who we were linked with again recently.  

3 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

You cannot talk to the player unless the clubs have an agreement so this player agrees terms is rubbish

Not necessarily, a club can allow talks without agreeing a fee or a structure.

7 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

You cannot talk to the player unless the clubs have an agreement so this player agrees terms is rubbish

You honestly believe agents/clubs wait until after a fee is agreed before sorting personal terms out? 

• Like 1

I see him being good cover for Wilf, holds the ball up well and gives a little more of a physical presence so an upgrade to Mendy and a yes from me.

Edited by Simoken

58 minutes ago, Long Eaton Fox said:

See it all the time where terms agreed have been agreed with the player but still need to sort out the deal with the club

Same thing happened with Praet last summer

Be nice to have another player with a bit of height in midfield as well (6ft2)

He has only managed to make 6 full appearances this season due to injury, and his 1 red card this season was from a last man foul which to be fair I think was a reasonable foul to make to stop Getafe scoring and going 2-0 up, Betis were able to rescue a 1-1 draw

The previous season he only missed 8 games due to injuries - 1 leg injury (4 games), 1 hamstring injury (1 game), and a broken nose (3 games) and his injury this season has been his only really big injury of his career

Being in the Champions League (hopefully) we will need experienced players to help us out with all the squad rotation, and if Mendy is leaving he will be aqequate cover for Ndidi

It is all well and good signing young players we can develop into good players but you still need to blend them with experienced players of the game, we would be nowhere near 3rd without the experience and leadership on the pitch we get from Kasper, Evans, and Vardy