Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

William Carvalho?

How are we going to set up with him in the side? Is his supposed lack of mobility going to affect the way we play significantly? If he plays will we need to play Wilf or Hamza as well?

He's a player with pedigree but I'm suspicious as to why his big moves never materialised. I'm definitely undecided about this one.

I know you guys are not ganna like this but could this be seen as a ndidi replacement for next season? :cry:

I cant see why we would need another defensive minded midfielder on the bench when we have Hamza and mendy.

Edited by MrMean

6 hours ago, MrMean said:

I know you guys are not ganna like this but could this be seen as a ndidi replacement for next season? :cry:

I cant see why we would need another defensive minded midfielder on the bench when we have Hamza and mendy.

WC is an experienced european competition footballer 

hamza isnt 

mendy is going 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

WC is an experienced european competition footballer 

hamza isnt 

mendy is going 

1 hour ago, adam1 said:

Mendy looked sharp against Brighton. Would keep him.

Carvalho a done deal apparantly.

I think you’ve got it the wrong way round ...  BR wants Mendy to stay and has no interest in Carvalho ..

5178DD27-B3C5-434E-9EB1-485320BD14B2.jpeg

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

A European campaign is by no means in the bag.  Aren't we being hasty here?

Personally I think it’s out the bag ...  god knows how low we will end up ...  but he’ll still probably get Mendy to stay if he can ...    Carvalho ...    no chance ! 

16 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

How are we going to set up with him in the side? Is his supposed lack of mobility going to affect the way we play significantly? If he plays will we need to play Wilf or Hamza as well?

He's a player with pedigree but I'm suspicious as to why his big moves never materialised. I'm definitely undecided about this one.

11 hours ago, MrMean said:

He's not an Ndidi replacement. 

To be honest, to contradict myself a bit, he's not really an outright ball winning player. He's much better on the ball than Ndidi and passes very well. The Iborra comparison someone made wasn't miles off.

He's a big guy that looks to impose himself on a midfield. He definitely is a "defensive" midfielder but he's more a halfway between the deeper role Ndidi plays and a playmaker like Tielemans. 

He's something we don't really have at the moment. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Greg2607 said:

must be a done deal if we have an obligatory "welcome to Leicester" Video. :D:D

He looks like the strong, slow, clumsy Year 11 playing with the Year 8s. He brings some much needed height and strength to the squad anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sdb said:

He looks like the strong, slow, clumsy Year 11 playing with the Year 8s. He brings some much needed height and strength to the squad anyway.

you've perfectly described my son there.  Although he is year 6, playing with year 4 boys.   Plays everyday at lunch (when the kids are at school)  and updates me on how many touches he had that week.....  his record is 5 touches in a week so far. 

i'm not holding out much hope of him being the next Jamie Vardy.

• Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Greg2607 said:

you've perfectly described my son there.  Although he is year 6, playing with year 4 boys.   Plays everyday at lunch (when the kids are at school)  and updates me on how many touches he had that week.....  his record is 5 touches in a week so far. 

i'm not holding out much hope of him being the next Jamie Vardy.

But just how good were those five touches?

2 assists and a hat trick?

50 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

But just how good were those five touches?

2 assists and a hat trick?

one of them was the ball hitting him in the face.  I think that gives a general overview of the quality.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Sounds a bit like

download.jpeg.jpg.1465e00e1c74350b665ecaf1b6541541.jpg

Nah not the same. Silva is no where near as physical as Carvalho. Carvalho is like a slower doucoure with better passing 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

To be honest, to contradict myself a bit, he's not really an outright ball winning player. He's much better on the ball than Ndidi and passes very well. The Iborra comparison someone made wasn't miles off.

On 12/05/2020 at 11:11, turtmcfly said:

The polite word is 'languid'. The impolite word is 'Iborra'.

On 23/06/2020 at 16:00, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Carvalho reminds me a bit of Iborra. Tall, physically imposing, deceptively languid midfielder. Similar age now as Iborra was when he joined us.

As you can see, @SouthStandUpperTier waited six weeks to expand on my original comparison, and in doing so coincidentally employed a word he's never used before in his life.

For the avoidance of doubt, I did not rate Iborra.

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...