Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
HesNotGudjonsonn2

William Carvalho?

17 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Think it was @Ric Flair that was the most vocal about Praet's numbers before he got here, his assists and goals contributions for an "attacking" midfielder were absolutely abysmal and I think we're getting a good look at why now. My first impressions of him were positively optimistic when he arrived, I think quite a few of us were quite impressed with the dynamism with which he passes and moves when the team are in control of a game.

I think the pitch of Praet being an attacking midfielder was false. He broke through at Anderlecht playing a no.10 but at Sampdoria he was used far deeper. 

I actually saw him play live but I couldn't remember him standing out. When we were linked, I had to check I'd watched him play. 

Ironically for all the calls of Iborra - I think he'd have been a huge asset in the current scenario we are in. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

A lot of concerns about potential of Ndidi and Carvalho playing together but for me, if our front 4 can be trusted to be inventive, dangerous, creative and occupy themselves further up the pitch, then with having 2 attacking full backs, I don't have too much problem with having 2 sitting. Ndidi can also be more effective when he has licence to chase and press, leaving his position in front of the back 4.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Ironically for all the calls of Iborra - I think he'd have been a huge asset in the current scenario we are in. 

I don't see why Iborra is so derided. He was slow AF but he was decent enough on the ball.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't see why Iborra is so derided. He was slow AF but he was decent enough on the ball.

I think we used him the wrong way— he should have been playing in a more advanced role. He was always causing havoc in the opposition’s box and would have loved all the crosses we forced ourselves into playing. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Iborra was decent, just didn’t suit every game because some passed him by with his pace, but he performed more often than not. 

I remember him dominating Spurs’ midfield at home, him and Ndidi were exceptional that day. 

So so so underrated. When he was on it (and I guess the issue is that he wasn’t on it enough) he was brilliant. Remember seeing him away at swansea one year and he just bossed the game from start to finish.