Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

8 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

I thought Mendy was better then Ndidi today. It wasn’t his fault Brendan went mad and chose a two man defensive midfield pivot to play against lowly Brighton. 

It doesn’t matter if Mendy plays well or not, he’s just not good enough.

passing sideways for your entire career and not losing the ball doesn’t mean your a good player.
Re wind that game back and watch him between 45-70 minutes. You will see how painfully average he is in possession. He can’t pass anything other than open to feet, he hasn’t got strength, he can’t dribble with the ball, he can’t win a header, he can’t do anything. He is absolutely ****ing useless and limited. He’s stealing a living. Jay spearing or Tom cleverly are like Zidane in comparison.

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

It doesn’t matter if Mendy plays well or not, he’s just not good enough.

passing sideways for your entire career and not losing the ball doesn’t mean your a good player.
Re wind that game back and watch him between 45-70 minutes. You will see how painfully average he is in possession. He can’t pass anything other than open to feet, he hasn’t got strength, he can’t dribble with the ball, he can’t win a header, he can’t do anything. He is absolutely ****ing useless and limited. He’s stealing a living. Jay spearing or Tom cleverly are like Zidane in comparison.

He’s not fkin useless, he’s an adequate squad player and a ‘water carrier‘ cover for Ndidi. BR dropped them in it tonight playing that formation. Mendy’s leaving at the end of the season anyway so don’t stress! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

For me Mendy is one of those players that people disingenuously say played well in a bid to appear that they understand the game better than everyone else.

Absolutely spot on. He is just not good enough, nothing against the lad but he’s just not good enough.
Maybe he is playing well(for him) but his ceiling is league 1 standard and that’s the point, he is not good enough to start a Prem game and each time he does will mean we have far less chance of winning.

What annoys me most is those who go on about ‘squad rotation’ and ‘resting players’ don’t seem to grasp that a slightly below fitness quality footballer is still much better than a fully fit talentless player.

It also means if you have to rest our better players then why pick a game like this?

did BR not know Brighton would love a game like that? No service to Vardy, no high pressing?

just play 2DMs to protect the threat at home to Brighton! Absolutely scandalous! I’m still ****ing fuming with Brendan! Oh and before anyone criticises for ‘questioning Brendan when we’re 3rd and I should check my privilege’ I will say regardless of the result tonight I am disgusted by his tactical awareness to think that was the way to beat Brighton at home 😡

Let's be honest, the only reason we're in the top 4 is because Vardy had an absolutely ridiculous run of form in the first 18 or so games of the season. For the first time ever I can't see us getting top 4, there's no way we're going to win 3 of the last 7 games, I'm thinking we might not actually even win 2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Let's be honest, the only reason we're in the top 4 is because Vardy had an absolutely ridiculous run of form in the first 18 or so games of the season. For the first time ever I can't see us getting top 4, there's no way we're going to win 3 of the last 7 games, I'm thinking we might not actually even win 2.

Also because of Tielemans and Ndidi combination. We struggled without Wilf, now he’s back he’s left out YT so often for hard working but not much more Praet and absolutely talentless Mendy.

I agree we will struggle to make top 4 now, it would be a disaster from where we were!

We need to pull out an unexpected win now to make up for wasted points. Away at Everton or arsenal need to pick 1 win from them 2 now really. Then palace and Sheffield Utd at home and Bournemouth away those 3 need at least 2 need to be wins. We have an outside chance now but I think if Utd win tomorrow we’re in trouble.

28 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

In reply to everyone having a go at me for daring to question Mendy, then you honestly must have been watching a different game and wernt born in the Puel era.

Its easy to say ‘he’s a water carrier’ but let’s be honest he’s just talentless and offers nothing.

To everyone who thinks Mendy should be playing in this team, let alone the premier league here’s what I say:

’We are going for champions league man! Come on! Dilly ding dilly dong! Wake up!’

seriously WAKE UP!

Maybe you think there’s another reason that we have almost less than 0 threat for 90 minutes?

Id argue we were below 0 at -0 in terms of how much of a threat we were today..in embarrassed to watch that performance.

I actually was going mostly between 02-08. I saw all the entire sh*te. Funnily enough Mendy is as bad as anything we’ve had. Put Mendy in any of those teams and he would fit In perfectly. I’d swap a prime Gareth Williams to partner Ndidi rather than him and I’m not even joking either.

Football is a team game, Mendy is playing with a top team compared to 04-08. Stick him in those teams you’d notice no different. He’s so limited it’s actually embarrassing. I was praying for a 0-0 today until he came off.

Funnily enough, when I read your first message I thought 'obviously doesn't remember Williams, Kisnorbo or Hughes in midfield'. 

I agree that Mendy was poor today, but he wasn't alone. So the answer to your question - 'maybe you think there's another reason...?' - is obviously yes. The reasons for the lack of threat today were the same reasons for our lack of threat in other recent matches; i.e. slow, repetitive build-up play, a lack of energy, confusing game plans from the manager. However if I had to pinpoint players from today's game, then it'd be hard to single Mendy out over Maddison, Chilwell, Justin, Ndidi and Perez, some of which have let us down on more than one occasion of late.

55 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

I would like to remind you he was our best player for the first half of last season.

He is a water carrier. He isn't a flashy player. He isn't a ball winner either. But he is a good and reliable squad player.

One of the shittest posts I've seen here for some time, and that's saying something.

You should have read his posts in the pre match thread. 

You wait til he spends 5 pages replying to anyone who disagrees, effectively saying the same thing over and over again. 

At least with it's own thread people can concentrate on ripping his posts apart as opposed to trying to get the last thread back on track.. 

@deanolegend1989 are you saying mendy is actually worse than praet? I got the distinct impression he was the most limited footballer ever from your pre match posts.

Hard agree with the poster who said you lose any sort of interest in reading your posts as soon as you hyperbolise Mendy as the worst player ever.

I don't think he's a player I want starting games alongside Ndidi sure, but at that point of sensationalising his apparent League 1 ability you're just as bad as bad tabloid paper writing, and I can't be arsed to give that the time of day either.

We've been proper wank for ages, I don't think it's simple enough as Mendy bad, Tielemans good oddly enough.

Mendy wasn't the problem today nor has he had enough game time to deserve being slagged off.

Players like Gray get chance after chance after chance and continue to be shit....Mendy has had a torrid time at our great club and whenever called upon he's never let us down. Playing him alongside Ndidi was the madness here!!

Let's analyse today's performance and all agree that every player in our team was well below par and a forward pass from any player of any quality did not materialize.

Oh and Chilwell must be the most overrated English Left back in the history of English Left backs and the sooner we cash in on him and send him to Chelsea the better.

Edited by tickler28

2 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Mendy wasn't the problem today not has he had enough game time to deserve being slagged off.

Players like Gray get chance after chance after chance and continue to be shit....Mendy has had a torrid time at our great club and whenever called upon he's never let us down. Playing him alongside Ndidi was the madness here!!

Let's analyse today's performance and all agree that every player in our team was well below par and a forward pass from any player of any quality did not materialize.

Oh and Chilwell must be the most overrated English Left back in the history of English Left backs and the sooner we cash in on him and send him to Chelsea the better.

I dont think it's fair to say Chilwell and Gray were the worse? They were all below par apart from Kasper but they were not the worse.  They can't be the scapegoats for this one!

I actually think Brendan constantly messing around with the team and formation is becoming the issue here.

Edited by Hales

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

I dont think it's fair to say Chilwell and Gray were the worse? They were all below par apart from Kasper but they were not the worse.  They can't be the scapegoats for this one!

I wasn't saying anyone was the worst merely making a point that:

A. I've never rated Chilwell and still don't particularly

And

B. Gray continues to drive me mad by not performing in our team to a standard that he's capable of despite being given what seems like a million chances

Edited by tickler28

Just now, tickler28 said:

I wasn't saying anyone was the worst merely making a point that:

A. I've never rated Chilwell and still don't particularly

And

B. Gray continues to drive me mad by not performing in our team to a standard that he's capable of

Fair enough, just thinking they were slightly better than most on a particularly shocking performance!

Just now, Hales said:

Fair enough, just thinking they were slightly better than most on a particularly shocking performance!

Just don't get the original poster slagging off Mendy when the problems lie far deeper than just 1 player who's barely played for us

• Like 2

I honestly think the constant changing of teams and formations is a problem.  The players never get chance to gel with one another as the next game its changed! They are also being changed in their positions too. Today was so confusing, I am not sure who was playing where and I feel like the players felt the same?!! 

2 minutes ago, Hales said:

I honestly think the constant changing of teams and formations is a problem.  The players never get chance to gel with one another as the next game its changed! They are also being changed in their positions too. Today was so confusing, I am not sure who was playing where and I feel like the players felt the same?!! 

This is what I feared with the restart. We are a team that relies on being in the rhythm and don’t have great depth. Christmas knocked us out of that rhythm and we never really recovered.

5 minutes ago, inckley fox said:

Funnily enough, when I read your first message I thought 'obviously doesn't remember Williams, Kisnorbo or Hughes in midfield'. 

I agree that Mendy was poor today, but he wasn't alone. So the answer to your question - 'maybe you think there's another reason...?' - is obviously yes. The reasons for the lack of threat today were the same reasons for our lack of threat in other recent matches; i.e. slow, repetitive build-up play, a lack of energy, confusing game plans from the manager. However if I had to pinpoint players from today's game, then it'd be hard to single Mendy out over Maddison, Chilwell, Justin, Ndidi and Perez, some of which have let us down on more than one occasion of late.

What I’m saying is on performance today, yeah the rest were awful too. However I’m saying that it all revolves around creating and actually domination of the game. Mendy is simply not good enough.

Chillwell was ok, nothing more nothing less.

Madders was poor but was living off scraps.

Ndidi did some good tackles and won possession, not his best game but he oozes strength and class.

We can single out individuals for their effort or if they make mistakes but at the end of the day if your not good enough your not good enough and Mendy is just useless at this level.

4 minutes ago, tickler28 said:

Mendy wasn't the problem today not has he had enough game time to deserve being slagged off.

If you seriously think gray had a bad game today then your clueless. What do you expect him to do with what was offered?

Is it any coincidence that Vardy , Nacho, Maddison all ‘played bad’ ‘didn’t do much’?

it all revolves around controlling the game, Brighton were just better in midfield.

They outplayed us first half, but didn’t have much quality to hurt us in the dangerous areas.

2nd half we got on top, they retreated and asked us a question. We didn’t have the question, we had 0 threat.

Watch the match again between 45-70 and you will see our absolute lack of any creativity, any forward movement and any brains from our midfield.

You cannot have Mendy in the team as this player to try and make things happen. He can’t pass and he can’t move with the ball. He is a very very basic footballer and is the main reason we struggle in games like this.

Remember this post if(I hope to god not) he ever plays again as a 2 with Ndidi and watch the game. I will tell you now we will not create anything and the only hope is for a miracle to be pulled out of nothing.

The only way we can win a game like this is for something ‘lucky’ to happen (Maddison to thrash a top bins free kick or a lucky pen given off an arm etc).

If we play our best 11 and actually control games, we could grind the lead a few times easier and then games will be won with less effort!

If you watch our winning run, we just controlled games better. It always felt like we had control and would eventually break a team down.

there is no doubt we have lost that connection and the players arnt really sure what to do, but that is the main reason.

build the team around Ndidi and Tielemans and we won’t go far wrong!

1 minute ago, deanolegend1989 said:

What I’m saying is on performance today, yeah the rest were awful too. However I’m saying that it all revolves around creating and actually domination of the game. Mendy is simply not good enough.

Chillwell was ok, nothing more nothing less.

Madders was poor but was living off scraps.

Ndidi did some good tackles and won possession, not his best game but he oozes strength and class.

We can single out individuals for their effort or if they make mistakes but at the end of the day if your not good enough your not good enough and Mendy is just useless at this level.

If you seriously think gray had a bad game today then your clueless. What do you expect him to do with what was offered?

Is it any coincidence that Vardy , Nacho, Maddison all ‘played bad’ ‘didn’t do much’?

it all revolves around controlling the game, Brighton were just better in midfield.

They outplayed us first half, but didn’t have much quality to hurt us in the dangerous areas.

2nd half we got on top, they retreated and asked us a question. We didn’t have the question, we had 0 threat.

Watch the match again between 45-70 and you will see our absolute lack of any creativity, any forward movement and any brains from our midfield.

You cannot have Mendy in the team as this player to try and make things happen. He can’t pass and he can’t move with the ball. He is a very very basic footballer and is the main reason we struggle in games like this.

Remember this post if(I hope to god not) he ever plays again as a 2 with Ndidi and watch the game. I will tell you now we will not create anything and the only hope is for a miracle to be pulled out of nothing.

The only way we can win a game like this is for something ‘lucky’ to happen (Maddison to thrash a top bins free kick or a lucky pen given off an arm etc).

If we play our best 11 and actually control games, we could grind the lead a few times easier and then games will be won with less effort!

If you watch our winning run, we just controlled games better. It always felt like we had control and would eventually break a team down.

there is no doubt we have lost that connection and the players arnt really sure what to do, but that is the main reason.

build the team around Ndidi and Tielemans and we won’t go far wrong!

What about all the games we've struggled in recently - games much like today's -  when Mendy wasn't playing?

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Now I don’t usually start threads, but after watching that shambles I think I need to.

Now the famous cliche ‘At least we’re creating chances so the goals will come, Id be more worried if we wernt creating’.

and there goes why I’m very very worried now.

We can all have our opinions on Maddison rolling around, or Vardy today? Did he do anything? Barnes Gray albrighton Perez etc etc. All will have opinions on who should start.

However what is clear is that, anyone watching our performances for a long tine now will see, we are actually not ‘off form’ not ‘unfit’ we’re just not good enough and it’s plainly down to the fact we are not controlling games and we’re not creating chances.

So now the question is why?

Well I’ve said for quite a while now and people have probably noticed how I’m so pro Tielemans and every single performance I see backs this up.

He has the one thing we lack, he can see a pass.

Whenever we don’t play him we struggle to do anything productive and it happens over and over and over and over again and I’m just fed up with it.

I never want to see Mendy again , he offers absolutely nothing and he’s league 1 level at best. He has no movement, no vision to create, no passing ability to pull anything off other than sideways passes. He’s the most limited footballer I’ve ever witnessed. He would fit into our 2004-2008 squads nicely but I’m ****ing fed up of watching him holding back this team.

We have 1 of the best DMs in Ndidi, if he’s playing then we need someone more creative to combat that or we will consistently bang our heads against a brick wall in creating anything. 

It starts from the middle, we need a balance . We have one of the most talented starting 11s in the prem. I get ‘rotation’ but we havnt got the ability in reserve.

This is the key reason for our situation and the reason hat every single game we look toothless.

Please BR give us a chance at top 4 and fix the whole team around Tielemans and Ndidi!

I may have been watching a different game but I thought that Mendy was a better performer than Ndidi today

• Like 1