Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

A lot of fans on this forum are saying that we have improved under BR. But have we?  Since Christmas we have in my opion have seriously regressed all over the park. Remember title winning season we never stopped improving under Ranieri and the coaching staff. Look how defensively solid we became. Closing out games 1-0. I have to ask the question because since Christmas I have asked the question about BR and have been slaughtered for questioning his tactics, formations and substitutions. Apart from Pearson he seems to be able to do no wrong and you cannot question his ability. I have to admit I seriously hope that I am wrong but I don't see us improving. It is like we have been found out second half of the season, other teams adjusted and we have no new answers. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I don’t think it’s blindly believing that fate is on our side, we’ve just had enough moments of quality this season to suggest we will see it again, or like the Everton him game where we dug deep and turned the game around. 

I don’t think the players have lost either that talent nor that fight for the last 7 games. It’s just having faith in the personnel we have. 

...take a look at the run in at the end of last season...looks familiar doesn't it!!!!

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

80 mins left in this game yet, Sheff United don’t look that good albeit and Man U look on it but we all know football’s unpredictable. 

Utd look great though, hate to say it but they look like they can create at any second and look water tight in defence. It’s game over already 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, FIF said:

You do realise that your World no.1 player has been a central figure in this form don't you?

12 points from 8 games really can't be classed as a miracle.

No he hasn’t, he missed Southampton H, Norwich and Burnley A. 3 easy games on paper 0 points. He didn’t start any. That’s the difference that will end up costing us.

Guest Fktf
1 hour ago, l444ry said:

Think we'll need more than that given Man Utd's run in?

$hit the bed. I wasn't hugely worried before I looked at this. Not hard to imagine them winning the lot. 

Two games back from a forced break through a pandemic, not lost a game and yet it's all gone to cr*p apparently. It's not just fitness that's going to need to come back to these players, it's confidence and trust. Especially given the type of football BR, the players and us (if we're honest) want them to play. They need time in training and in matches to trust each other, get used to each others movement, reforge those partnerships etc. The two teams we've played against are in relegation scraps and banked up against us which makes it incredibly difficult at the best of times, but even more at the moment. Vardy looks sharp and on it which was an issue pre-lockdown, once the team unlocks passes through to him he'll start scoring again.  

I'd be curious what BR's thinking was for playing 2 DMs in the last game but my bet is the team on the pitch at the end of the game is the one starting going forward. 

53 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..It is not about fitness, it hasn't been since December!!!

We are stuck in a situation we can't work out.......and not about to, any time soon.

The first thing we could do to help the cause would be to play our strongest team. We didn’t do that yesterday. Brendan experimented with a strange set up with 3 players that have spent more time on the bench than playing.  

18 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

In the Premier League in 2020 we've

Won 3 

Lost 4

Drawn 4

2 of those wins were in January. 

So in about 3 months worth of football we've lost 4, drawn 4 and won 1.

You can see why is squeaky bum time!

And the one win only came because Pepe Reina decided to give us a goal. Before then we had laboured in that game as well.

We struggle every game at 0-0 but we are good when we get ahead as proven by that game and West Ham beforehand.

So what could be the reason we struggle to break open tight games I wonder? 

1 hour ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Yeah and a squad that won’t be together at the start of next season if we don’t get top 4 this year!

We need help from teams vs Utd and Wolves now, there both on form and have easy runs. We need at least 3 wins out the remaining 7 games and I can’t see where there coming from!

Everton will be very tough to win but we might need to now!

You cant change what will be Next year...support & encourage now..

i aint going to Stress myself out over a new team squad set up & manager in their First season Shooting over expectations...

sitting still 3 er with an indifferent 2nd Part of the season...We are Leicester...Not Arsenal..!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You cant change what will be Next year...support & encourage now..

i aint going to Stress myself out over a new team squad set up & manager in their First season Shooting over expectations...

sitting still 3 er with an indifferent 2nd Part of the season...We are Leicester...Not Arsenal..!!

Indifferent 2nd half? More like shocking. If we were indifferent and had mid table form since Xmas we would probably be in the CL by now! 

Problem is we should have freshened the team up in the January transfer window all we bought in was a central defender who couldn't get in the Wolves team and hasn't played for us yet. We were warned that Lee Congerton wasn't very good by both Celtic & Sunderland fans and at the minute as head of recruitment he doesn't seem to be doing much here.

• Like 1

Just now, turtmcfly said:

True. But without this thread I wouldn't have learned that Mendy is League 1 standard, or that playing both Messi and Ronaldo last night wouldn't have made a difference, but playing Tielemans would have.

And this all from the same guy. Legend.

Yes, I keep forgetting he's a legend. That's important.

Just now, turtmcfly said:

True. But without this thread I wouldn't have learned that Mendy is League 1 standard, or that playing both Messi and Ronaldo last night wouldn't have made a difference, but playing Tielemans would have.

And this all from the same guy. Legend.

Do you think if Ronaldo and Messi were playing we’d of won?

Mendy is league 1 standard. When he leaves Leicester he will not get a club in the top division of any league and if he does he won’t have more than 50 appearances in his entire career.

Tielemans is are 1 hope to get the top 4. If Brendan plays him for 90 mins each game we should have enough to win 3. If he doesn’t we won’t, it’s as simple as that.

17 minutes ago, Foxes1 said:

Problem is we should have freshened the team up in the January transfer window all we bought in was a central defender who couldn't get in the Wolves team and hasn't played for us yet. We were warned that Lee Congerton wasn't very good by both Celtic & Sunderland fans and at the minute as head of recruitment he doesn't seem to be doing much here.

I'd imagine that FFP has hindered us. When you consider the wages we're still paying out for players that have contributed nothing or very little to Leicester City for a few years the playing staff is a bit of a mess with little strength in depth. Totally agree about it needing freshening up, we really have nothing to call upon when we need to change things.

Edited by Vestan Pance

8 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

Actually, I think you'll find that it's 'would of'.

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Pliskin said:

I would be amazed if we finish in the top four. I can only see us potentially picking up maximum points against Bournemouth. I think we’re just going to fizzle out and finish between 8th and 5th. If you judge by performances, our season is all but over. 

It’s taken just a week of (awful) football for a significant group of fans to lose all confidence in this team. That says a lot to me. 

Time for Brendan and the players to earn their contract money. 

Rodgers over and out. 

9 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Do you think if Ronaldo and Messi were playing we’d of won?

Mendy is league 1 standard. When he leaves Leicester he will not get a club in the top division of any league and if he does he won’t have more than 50 appearances in his entire career.

Tielemans is are 1 hope to get the top 4. If Brendan plays him for 90 mins each game we should have enough to win 3. If he doesn’t we won’t, it’s as simple as that.

Why would Tielemans make more of a difference than having Messi AND Ronaldo? How does that make any lick of sense?

Just now, oxtonfox said:

It’s taken just a week of (awful) football for a significant group of fans to lose all confidence in this team. That says a lot to me. 

That a significant group of our fans are trigger happy when it comes to sticking the boot in?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That a significant group of our fans are trigger happy when it comes to sticking the boot in?

Yes I guess you’re right but we’re not too far from  a handful of flakes becoming an avalanche. The next two games are vital, first for a semblance of belief and confidence; the second vs Everton. absolutely critical. 

4 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

Time for Brendan and the players to earn their contract money. 

Rodgers over and out. 

It’s so depressing to see what is happening. Literally a few wins and the gap would have far too much for the likes of United to chase. United look red hot, one of us or Chelsea are dropping out of the CL spaces, and it will absolutely be us. Unless we can somehow turn this around, like you say, time for Rodgers and the lads to earn their money. 

• Like 1