Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

4 wins from last 14 league games for a side sat in third place is quite something. What we appear to have benefitted from is others cancelling each other out.

Problem now is teams are viewing this as a mini season. Almost a mentality of from day one. It's highly unlikely that will continue to play in to our hands as teams actively target a short term drive for points. 

Since the turn of year weve seen a huge decline and whilst a Rodgers fan I dont see him stopping it. 

Genuinely worried Top 4 dreams will be left in tatters as where are the goals coming from, we dont threaten anyone enough? 

Hope to god I'm wrong but this final 9 games could be as talked about as much as the great escape finish but for opposite reasons!

• Like 2

I kinda expected an analysis of the (worrying) situation the whole team is in since the Manchester City spanking and found instead an absurd rant against a squad player.

Said player who isn't getting much playtime and is the least of our problem right now.

Maybe you shouldn't be making thread after all.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, teblin said:

I said before the restart I don’t think we will lose. We haven’t so far, not as confident as I was, but we can play far better than we have and we and the players know that.

The issue is do we have the time to play our way into form? We had this issue before the break and annoyingly things looked back to normal in the last game before the break. 

I think my main concern is that Ricardo is genuinely one of, if not our most consistent performers. Without his attacking play im not sure if our system is going to work.  Brendan is going to need to earn his money because I think we need some big tweaks.... but not ones that include 2 dm's at home to relegation battlers :thumbdown:

5 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Because he's not an overreacting panicking flappy-arsed negative doom-monger like most on here.

So basically pray and hope.  Thanks.

Analysing recent form is not overreacting, its seeing the trend going forward.

24 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

So basically pray and hope.  Thanks.

Analysing recent form is not overreacting, its seeing the trend going forward.

Analysing recent form? We've just played our first 2 games in 3 months, both against teams that are scrapping for their Premier League lives and are very capable on their day. People are acting like we should be rocking up after a 3 month break and swatting these teams aside. Doesn't work like that. 

5 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Yeah, we were on terrific form before the break...

We had a spell from September to November where absolutely everything went out way.

The subsequent games in our bad run v say, Norwich and Burnley away, could both easily have gone our way but our luck from.autum had kinda been used up. That's how seasons pan out. It's not unusual. 

Covidd football has absolutely nothing to do with anything. It's a nine game freak mini season and we've been garbage and drawn both. No big deal.

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I’m not a fan of Nampalys Mendy at all but Deano’s heads gone off a cliff here 😂. Talk of league one and our 2008 team is well overboard.

He was about as bad as everyone else yesterday, aside from that the guy barely plays, not sure how he can be a major contributing factor to our bad run of form given he’s seldom in the side. he’s not actually been that bad when he has played either, he’s unquestionably limited but I think of six other appearances we’ve won 5 and lost 1.

Id have him off in the summer but you have to remember we are going to be playing a huge amount of games in a short space of time in unusually high heat and midfielders in particular are going to struggle to play every game and thus we will be seeing Mendy more frequently than we normally would.

Good balanced post. Maybe I was to harsh on him, he does try hard . However I stick by the fact he’s very limited and not good enough by a long shot.

I wasn’t suggesting he actually was terrible yesterday on his actual performance, he was as bad as the rest.

However my point is that, that’s his best game..that’s not him underperforming, that’s just what he is and has to offer.

Vardy could of been subbed C Ronaldo  in his prime yesterday and he wouldn’t of done much different..Maddison could of been Messi and not much would change if we put in that woeful performance in controlling the game.

2nd half , we were slightly better(mainly due to Brighton dropping off) but first half was as bad As I’ve ever seen and it was just embarrassing quite frankly.

We have a good team on paper but we arnt flowing correctly and whilst I feel harsh lamenting it all on 1 player, I do feel that’s the part of the team that’s the answer to why were broke.

It felt like yesterday we were a top class Ferrari without the engine. Would you complain about the beautiful expensive rims if there was no engine on the bonnet?

Vardy was like the rims - there available and brilliant but they can’t work because there’s no engine. The engine needs to be YT to make the rest of the team flow.

Ive repeated myself enough times, but I think strongly that it all involves around this area.

I see countless times where teams chop and change and not much really changes, however I find the 1 thing in a team that usually has a huge effect on the whole thing is when a team loses/finds a top playmaker CM.

Examples off my head,

Alonso at Liverpool, the season he left, just completely different despite having exactly the same 11 bar him. Gerrard, Torres prime as was Carragher.

Us losing kante , 1 change only but a complete change. Vardy past his best? Mahrez not interested? No, we just lost the engine again.

Viera at Arsenal , dominating for years, 1st season away, knicked top 4 on the last day. Another example of 1 player different completely changed everything. They still had prime Henry , Pires etc.

Eveb fernandes this season at Utd , that type of player who can just find a pass, cheeky, good ball control.

Too many CMs nowadays who are so limited but ‘work hard’ get a lot of credit but the ones that actually win you games are ones who either:

- can travel with the ball, dribble and move the initial block around which makes things happen fast and moves people/confuses defences.

- good vision and The passing ability to execute it. Again with players off the ball moving makes defences less able to just autopilot their way through the game. So the ability to find them requires a good passer who also has vision.

if a player doesn’t have these trates , he’s a DM and that’s all he can be. So for example Mendy can only be a DM, so even if he starts it can only be with YT. So it would be more him or Ndidi but then it goes on:

- Engine, ability to get about the park.

- strength , ability to win your 50/50s.

- reading of the game, ability to spot danger.

- headers , ability to defend set pieces, win 50/50s and even score from set pieces.

now This is why Ndidi is good, and you need 1 or each of these midfielders to complement.

mendy can’t do any of these successfully and this is why I said he’s limited.

Aside from Mendy though, Brendan was shocking in his formation and the decisions he made. I can’t believe he put Madders on the wing again, how many times does he have to see that he’s useless there?

The whole thing was a mess and what really angered me more than anything was the fact I could see exactly what would happen before the game and I can’t quite see how a ‘top’ coach couldn’t! 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by deanolegend1989
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Because I have followed this club long enough to know ‘what will be, will be’ 

Said it a few times now but we will see the Leicester we’ve grown to know under Rodgers between now and the end of the season. 

..so if that happens in one game you would have been proven right!!!

..... Just asking!!

34 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It’s like people are forgetting there are no easy games in the Premier League. As well, when in our history have we ever played our first pre season game and gone ‘wow, that was unbelievable’. 

The only side who have looked any good is Man City, a squad worth about a billion pounds with the highest reputation manager in the world. One team out of 20 has looked anywhere near the standards they were at, with Southampton and Newcastle looking fit.

Everyone else has been below their usual selfs - don’t get why people don’t think about the bigger picture before they react to the way we are. 

For nearly half a season now we have been performing at a relegation battle level. Do you think our squad should be anywhere near that form?

over 5-6 games a blip. 15 games? It’s broke. We desperately need Sheffield Utd to knick a draw tonight, We might have to beat Everton away to avoid major pressure. We are in huge trouble for a top 4 place and no matter how anyone dresses it up, if we don’t get top 4 from the position we were in would be an absolute disaster that will affect our club for years!

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Any type of form means nothing at the moment. It’s just who can hit their stride as quickly as possible. 

Unfortunately it does matter. Utd and wolves are going to average higher than their season average as they are better now and were worse. We need a miracle to get top 4 now I fear. We need 3 wins at least and 2 draws. 66 points will be enough I think but I can’t see us getting that!

The teams young and inconsistent. It’s not a side on decline. Probably the most talented squad we’ve ever had - I just don’t get the negativity mate, it’s like you want us to fail. 

I know your argument will just be that I’m being ignorant to ‘the situation’ that our fans have decided to create. Within the camp I’m sure there is no ‘situation’, the players have the talent to get the points and let’s just back them for now. If we drop out of Champions League then we can have this negativity. But I just don’t get why we need to start panicking, it doesn’t do anyone any good. 

Yeah and a squad that won’t be together at the start of next season if we don’t get top 4 this year!

We need help from teams vs Utd and Wolves now, there both on form and have easy runs. We need at least 3 wins out the remaining 7 games and I can’t see where there coming from!

Everton will be very tough to win but we might need to now!

The teams young and inconsistent. It’s not a side on decline. Probably the most talented squad we’ve ever had - I just don’t get the negativity mate, it’s like you want us to fail. 

I know your argument will just be that I’m being ignorant to ‘the situation’ that our fans have decided to create. Within the camp I’m sure there is no ‘situation’, the players have the talent to get the points and let’s just back them for now. If we drop out of Champions League then we can have this negativity. But I just don’t get why we need to start panicking, it doesn’t do anyone any good. 

..not panicking!!!

Just an awareness that we are underperforming for a long period and showing no signs of correcting the slide.

Ian Holloway remarked about the negativity surrounding the club and continually stated we were not going to go down. We all know the end of that story but the problem was he failed to attempt to address the problem and believed the players around him were too good to get the team relegated.

Identify the problem, put a system in place, evaluate and make a plan, don't believe blindly that fate is on your side.

39 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

For nearly half a season now we have been performing at a relegation battle level.

You do realise that your World no.1 player has been a central figure in this form don't you?

35 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

We need 3 wins at least and 2 draws. 66 points will be enough I think but I can’t see us getting that!

12 points from 8 games really can't be classed as a miracle.