Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
deanolegend1989

The Situation.

This guy's massive stiffie for Tielemans makes me feel a bit better about my soft spot for Iheanacho... Tielemans is great but he's not close to the best player in our squad. In no particular order, Ndidi, Ricardo, Vardy, Evans, Maddison and Soyuncu have all been better than him this season

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

A seagull shitting on a fox maybe.

They've seen that at first hand yesterday. That won't change anything.

39 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

What I've learnt is this;

Whenever a "situation" arises, the "situation" also goes away.

The "situation" appears, and the "situation" disappears, it's called "The Situation Cycle"  

Except some situation cycles have a very long period... and the problem with cycles is that they keep coming back . Worse..  some cycles may start to resonate and amplify!

Edited by foxinsocks
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

You were watching a different game or have no understanding of football.

You are boring me now with your drivel, actually on second thoughts you were boring me after your first irrational rant.

24 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Except some situation cycles have a very long period... and the problem with cycles is that they keep coming back . Worse..  some cycles may start to resonate and amplify!

they're never an exact science.

This whole 'situation' isn't being overstated either. We're not overreacting. We can see where this is going and if we were to go into a full on meltdown when/if we drop to 4th, 5th, 6th, it'll be too late. This is the time where the squad need to be pulled together for a team meeting. The rot has clearly set in and either it gets addressed now or we look back in a month's time and wonder what might have been. 

We can all see the short term trajectory of things and it's not a good look.

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't see us getting 10, looking at our remaining opponents:

Everton away - we were hardly convincing in beating them earlier in the season despite the fact we were on the crest of the wave at the time and they were at their lowest ebb. They've improved a lot since and we've regressed massively.

Palace will come and park 2 buses whilst scoring with every shot, like they always do against us.

We've not won at Arsenal since 1972, losing something like 17 of 18 matches.

We've not won at Bournemouth since they were promoted.

Sheffield United at home - do you really see us scoring against a well drilled 5 man defence in our current form?

Tottenham away - they have got their forwards back from injury and could well still be in the hunt for CL so hugely motivated to beat us.

We've beaten Man U once in 11 games since we got promoted.

I realise I've taken a negative view of each game but this does show that failure to win what on paper were our 2 easiest remaining fixtures has left us with a lot to do.

This is also my worry - I half seriously after Norwich said we'll only win twice again this season and worryingly, both of those 'wins' have passed and we've won just one since.

Not winning yesterday was criminal and the performance was just pitiful.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

What a terrible situation to be in. 3rd in the Premier League with 7 games left. 

The plastic’s got their pitchforks and inflatable dinosaurs out. Rodgers out, we cant possibly have any League 1 standard footballers like Mendy starting Premier League games. How dare he. 

Worryingly I fear this is our exact mentality. It's slipping and you've got to be mad to not see it.

Are we victims of our own immediate success under Rodgers? We all agreed that under Puel we weren't maximising our potential but we still were largely a work in progress and the squad has never been strong enough to maintain excellence either. I keep considering how concerning the drop off has been since the turn of 2020, which felt like it had been coming with warning signs before then. Could this have been prevented? Or without significant squad improvement has it been inevitable? We would have had to of been incredibly fortunate to go the whole season without any injuries to our influential players. I feel right now that when we have our best XI available that we are a top 6/7 side, who had proven they could challenge the top 4 but take any one of Ndidi, Vardy, Evans or Ricardo out and I think we quickly find ourselves bang average again.

Players form has certainly been brought in to question, Tielemans hasn't hit the heights of his loan spell and early part of this season, Maddison in 2020 has flattered to deceive really. Very little output in goals and assists and when you couple that with wingers who are also inconsistent and it's no surprise we are running in to trouble. Vardy isn't a striker that can take the game by the scruff of the neck either so as soon as we fail to play the way we want to, he is almost anonymous and we aren't particularly strong from set pieces given our lack of height and both Soyuncu and Evans not being renown to score many like some centre halves do. There's very little option off the bench either, I was startled to learn that we are quite high up in goals and assists from the bench this season but we're a team that there's very little point in making more than 3 subs as we don't have that much flair or creativity to choose from like some clubs around us, or even below us. That is where I think we have to accept is the major problem, for whatever reason we didn't strengthen in January and it is likely to cost us. I know we can't put together a deep squad of talent overnight and we are building something here but there's a difference between having the perfectly formed squad of 25 players inside a couple of years or at least using every transfer window to improve and we haven't done under Rodgers at a time where him and the players had created an incredibly rare opportunity of qualifying for the Champions League again and what that offers in being able to progress.

I also think our style of play needs to be fine tuned, when it works it works very well and I can see the benefits to what we do but teams are sussing us out and so far we've no answer to that. Not only are the sides we aspire to compete with sussing us out, but the dross seem to be able to nullify us which was a real problem for them before when we were able to obliterate teams who showed a weakness to the way we played. Most teams don't have that many ways of playing and it's often a pipe dream to think a team can be blistering at possession based football with a high press and then equally as devastating at the low block and counter attack but we've little physicality in the team either to get involved with a bloodbath if needs be, there's fcuk all point in us lofting aimless crosses in to the box either as we must be one of the worst sides in the league for scoring headers from open play crosses. We sadly are that team that cannot deal with long balls played against us (see Watford and Brighton) and yet can't play long ball ourselves as neither striker is dominant at winning the ball aerially.

I think top 4 is seriously under threat, but it still is 100% in our hands and we've got to stop moping about and worrying about the opportunities we have squandered at wrapping it up already and focus on being at least 6 points clear with a very good goal difference with 7 games to go. We need our swagger back, to go to places like Everton, Arsenal and Spurs and not back down. Our mentality has been poor in 2020, leaders are needed to step up and make names for themselves.

• Like 1

It’s not mendys fault.

no he’s not the best player we’ve ever had. And id consider him cover for wilf and nothing more.

buy seriously, since Everton and Watford game  at home where we won and didn’t deserve to we have been poor. Just before Brendan signed his new bumper deal And the rumours of him going to arsenal and it’s only got worse from then on out.
tielemans isn’t the same player we had on loan. Madders is so over rated it’s unreal. Vardy is starved of service playing a style that doesn’t get the best out of our best player and only goal scoring threat. Ricardo is now injured who imo alongside vardy is our best player and equally hardest to replace. Chilwell has been poor.

theres many negatives I can pick out but mendy isn’t one of the more pressing ones.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Can't see us getting 10, looking at our remaining opponents:

Everton away - we were hardly convincing in beating them earlier in the season despite the fact we were on the crest of the wave at the time and they were at their lowest ebb. They've improved a lot since and we've regressed massively.

Palace will come and park 2 buses whilst scoring with every shot, like they always do against us.

We've not won at Arsenal since 1972, losing something like 17 of 18 matches.

We've not won at Bournemouth since they were promoted.

Sheffield United at home - do you really see us scoring against a well drilled 5 man defence in our current form?

Tottenham away - they have got their forwards back from injury and could well still be in the hunt for CL so hugely motivated to beat us.

We've beaten Man U once in 11 games since we got promoted.

I realise I've taken a negative view of each game but this does show that failure to win what on paper were our 2 easiest remaining fixtures has left us with a lot to do.

We seem to play better against the better teams And records are there to be broken. 

I think we’ll beat Bournemouth, Palace & Sheff Utd. Draw with Everton, Arsenal & Man Utd. Lose to Tottenham. That’s 12 points if we do which takes us to 66 leaving us in the top 4. 

Yep, we’ve been poor and looking at the last two games, people will think how on earth is this going to happen? The tide will turn. We’ll get the results. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

What a terrible situation to be in. 3rd in the Premier League with 7 games left. 
he plastic’s got their pitchforks and inflatable dinosaurs out. Rodgers out, we cant possibly have any League 1 standard footballers like Mendy starting Premier League games. How dare he. 

1 hour ago, Ollie93 said:

I think you're missing the point, no one is disputing how great of a position we are in. It's more that we aren't creating anything to KEEP us there. IF you look at our form over the last 17 games it is horrendous.

Maybe, just maybe, we're actually a team good enough for the 6th-10th positions yet we have had spells of overachieving and underachieving this season.

If we finished 10th or above for the next decade, and chuck in a cup or two, it wouldn't be the worst for a club our size.

Yes we have ambitions to be better (of course yesterday we stank) and yes Rodgers has got some stuff wrong which needs addressing (two DMs home to Brighton was worryingly Puel-esque) but let's not lose sight too much of our current club size, where we've come from in a decade or so and that with a lot of young players there'll be expected dips.

Rodgers is a good manager, an exceptional man manager and we have the best owners. Let's not lose our collective minds too much, notwithstanding some poor results this year.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

The plastic’s got their pitchforks and inflatable dinosaurs out. Rodgers out, we cant possibly have any League 1 standard footballers like Mendy starting Premier League games. How dare he. 

...plastics, here we go again!!!

Why describe any one in that manner, we are all supporters of this club we are all entitled to have an opinion and voice our concerns!!!

People keep touting that we are third in the league and what a great position to be but we are not playing in a manner that befits a top 4 team. That platitude rings hollow and only stands to prove the decline in our performances is even more rapid than you think.

• Like 2

Been feeling quite negative about us making top 4 since yesterday but something I just seen that made me a feel a bit better about our chances. 

“Just taken a look at United's remaining fixtures and they look rather easy on paper. Checked the results from the first set of matches played earlier in the season and it seems they only won 9/24 points from these 8 teams.”

They might have improved and could find it easier against “lesser” teams than they did before but it wouldn’t surprise me if they still show that inconsistency along the way and if they repeat those results we could lose every game and still probably finish above them on goal difference. 

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

No, I just don’t like when fans start feeling entitled and demand we should perform as a top 4 side when we’ve overachieved this season. Yes we have ambitions to challenge for Europe but who would’ve thought we’d be 3rd in the league at this stage of the season. 

Quite frankly, we’ve done brilliantly to be where we are so far, people who start getting on players who are apart of a side that is arguably our second greatest team in the history of the football club says a lot about their ‘support’ for the club. Maybe when it gets to a one or two point gap we can all start hitting the panic button but no ones looked any good apart from Man City, not even Liverpool. We will see the Leicester we’ve grown to know under Rodgers between now and the end of the season, everyone just needs to take a step back and have a bit of a check of perspective. 

...If you went back to the back end of last season, you will find the same disappointment and anxiety striving to get in the top six. 

You have to take our current table position out of the equation as irrespective of which league we are in, we all want to push for better, it is why we turn up for games, the reason why we are football supporters.

I’m not a fan of Nampalys Mendy at all but Deano’s heads gone off a cliff here 😂. Talk of league one and our 2008 team is well overboard.

He was about as bad as everyone else yesterday, aside from that the guy barely plays, not sure how he can be a major contributing factor to our bad run of form given he’s seldom in the side. he’s not actually been that bad when he has played either, he’s unquestionably limited but I think of six other appearances we’ve won 5 and lost 1.

Id have him off in the summer but you have to remember we are going to be playing a huge amount of games in a short space of time in unusually high heat and midfielders in particular are going to struggle to play every game and thus we will be seeing Mendy more frequently than we normally would.

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 3