Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Mood in the camp.

Just now, st albans fox said:

only a couple 

Cahill doesn’t usually miss a free header like he did 

but I didn’t say they could have ‘nicked’ it - I said if they had nicked a goal after we went two up then we would have panicked - and you really can’t argue with that after added time at vicarage road !!!

But they didn't. Can't criticise us for things that we didn't allow to happen 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxfanazer said:

You could tell that the confidence came back after the first goal. People are quick enough to criticise when we lose so at least give us credit when we win a game

Yeah I have done, i'm just saying it's not a performance that makes me think all our troubles are over and we're going to win all our remaining games

• Like 1

Just now, Legend_in_blue said:

The most annoying aspect of the game yesterday were the mini-breaks.

Messed up our flow in the first half after a bright start and never got going again until the second.

Use of substitutions changed the game, at least Brendan got those right this time round.

I'm not a fan at all. They seem to have a huge impact in every game I've watched so far. Whether that be a chance for managers to make tactical tweaks or simply killing momentum

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

The most annoying aspect of the game yesterday were the mini-breaks.

Messed up our flow in the first half after a bright start and never got going again until the second.

Use of substitutions changed the game, at least Brendan got those right this time round.

I understand why they've introduced them, we're in June and the other week it was boiling, but yesterday I couldn't understand as it was a normal overcast day at 3pm.

I heard Tyler say on another game that "will these be introduced for good" and I hope not because it kills any momentum the game has.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

only a couple 

Cahill doesn’t usually miss a free header like he did 

but I didn’t say they could have ‘nicked’ it - I said if they had nicked a goal after we went two up then we would have panicked - and you really can’t argue with that after added time at vicarage road !!!

Cahill doesn’t usually miss a free header like he did?

The bloke hasn’t scored for over 4 years! He’s hardly prolific is he? I’d be amazed if he’s scored more than 40 goals in his 20 year career.

We were never in any danger, it was as comfortable a win as you’re ever going to get in the Premier League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

The bloke hasn’t scored for over 4 years! He’s hardly prolific is he? I’d be amazed if he’s scored more than 40 goals in his 20 year career.

We were never in any danger, it was as comfortable a win as you’re ever going to get in the Premier League.

So was it 3-0 because we were good or 3-0 because Palace were bad?

5 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

I understand why they've introduced them, we're in June and the other week it was boiling, but yesterday I couldn't understand as it was a normal overcast day at 3pm.

I heard Tyler say on another game that "will these be introduced for good" and I hope not because it kills any momentum the game has.

They'll be introduced for good so they can be sponsored and more adverts put on sky. 

Twenty quid on them being called 'time outs' within a year. It's just the steady Americanisation of British sport working slowly. 

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Yes they were dreadful 

yes we managed the game 

being 0-0 at HT and 1-0 up after 75 mins is not ‘as comfortable a win ‘ etc 

Anyway - next two games will surely decide the whole season for us ??  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Yes they were dreadful 

yes we managed the game 

being 0-0 at HT and 1-0 up after 75 mins is not ‘as comfortable a win ‘ etc 

Anyway - next two games will surely decide the whole season for us ??  

But it was comfortable, there was never a point where I thought they were going to score. 
And unlike in previous games we looked like scoring even at 0-0 we were dominant and unlucky not to be ahead at half time. 
Vardy was getting chances and we know he will eventually take one. He’s too good to keep missing. Once we did score, we again controlled the game.

• Like 1

Just now, Fox85 said:

I think we will beat arsenal.

For a change we will play a team that will come at us instead of 11 players defending.

Should be a good game 

We said that about Chelsea. Although we did have good chances against them so you could be right 

The way Vardy was playing reminded me of a previous time, and I couldn't place it. Now it has come back to me - Hull away, first match of the 16/17 season.

I really don't think the play has been all that dreadful. I just think that people want everything right now, if not sooner, and if they don't get precisely what they demand, they complain. Confidence had dropped, nothing was quite clicking, but if one cared to look beyond the results, the signs of steady improvement were there. Maybe this will be a turning point, maybe there won't be another win this season, who can tell?

I am amazed at the frequency of people who can still say 'we were lucky/poor/the same' when the result was not what they predicted. Just admit you might have got something wrong, it doesn't hurt. We ALL get things wrong, frequently. That's life.

• Like 1

I fear that in-form Man United and Chelsea will both overtake us in the run in, which makes that CAS decision on Man City’s ban - due on Monday 13 July - arguably the key factor in determining whether we play CL football next season.

With Wolves losing yesterday, it would be a catastrophe if we now allow them to gain seven points on us in the last five games, so even if Arsenal beat us - which, given their current form and our away record against them, is to be expected (though we live in hope) - to close within six points of us, we should be good enough to hold on to fifth place.

I just hope yesterday’s win is not a flash-in-the-pan one-off like the wins v West Ham and Villa. Beating both Bournemouth and Sheffield United is vital.

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

It was convincing if you watch it back or as a neutral.

As a fan you always feel the tension more at the time. 

Possibly 

I'm not one of the ‘The end of the world’ brigade but I do feel that a top team when ahead should not cede as much possession as we did yesterday and I assume thats a confidence issue 

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Vardy loves a goal against the Arse and with him getting 2 yesterday and Nacho on target too, I think we should have enough to score a couple and get past them. 

I’d like to think Soyuncu and Evans will have the whits about them to keep Nketiah quiet, only question is Aubameyang against Justin - I’d play Justin RWB and bring Bennett into the back 3 to keep it tight on that right hand side of the defence. 

Their midfield is a shit show as well, Ndidi, Tielemans and Pérez should have enough energy and quality to sort it out in the middle. 

Saka, Nketiah and Aubamayang should be naive enough to not be bothering looking too much about what’s behind them, hit them on the counter a few times with the 3 at the back system - on paper looks good to go. 

What struck me about them yesterday was their energy - not something associated with arsenal but with the youngsters in their side it seems to be changing ..... 

7 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Nothing’s changed. We’ve still put ourselves in a position we’re not favourites .

We played better but against a team fighting for nothing and you could really tell.

Arsenal away is a very tough game and I fear it’ll be the end of our top 4 run.

We really need Chelsea to drop points in their next 2 away games whilst we get at least 7 from our next 3. We really need a 3 point lead going into the last 2 games to have a genuine chance.

I have A feeling we will need to beat Utd last day to do it, and won’t have enough but I hope I’m wrong.

Beat arsenal and Chelsea draw at palace and we’d be 3 clear going into 2 winnable games. Arsenal will be the key for me, win it and I make us favourites again, fail to win and I fear its over . Chelsea and Utd are just too good atm to drop many points.

What are you talking about?, Chelsea just dropped 3 points at West Ham not 4 days ago.

Edited by nnickn
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Palace rarely had any chances. Milivojevic hit a free kick wide and that's it really. Zaha spooned one over but that was already at 2-0.

Vardy missed two decent chances at 0-0. I don't get the negativity. "Palace could have nicked it", yeah so could have we.

You forgot Cahill's header, that was their best chance.

We did dominate the game but I spent most of the game feeling like it was going to be a typical Palace smash and grab, but we held firm kept trying to work openings and got our rewards.

Not a huge difference to Watford and Brighton games, but we made our domination count in the end by taking some chances.

Edited by Captain...

Whatever.  We needed some things to go our way for once and they did.  Sakho slipping, poor goal keeping and a Vardy classic is exactly what we needed to give us a confidence boost for Arsenal.

If can get our swagger back we'll be ok.  With such an inexperienced team so much depends on self belief.  Hopefully this is enough for the lads. 

Hey guys remember the Arse have been gifted keeper bloopers in their last 2 games which they then went onto dominate and win.

its not just us so we shouldn’t feel guilty for getting a hand out. We have to be positive and pressure for things to happen. Arse have that gullible David luis at the back whoa always one moment away from a calamity. He will not be relishing a rejuvenated Vardy running at him.

i think we’re gonna win this one!

9 hours ago, cruzFOX said:

Hey guys remember the Arse have been gifted keeper bloopers in their last 2 games which they then went onto dominate and win.

its not just us so we shouldn’t feel guilty for getting a hand out. We have to be positive and pressure for things to happen. Arse have that gullible David luis at the back whoa always one moment away from a calamity. He will not be relishing a rejuvenated Vardy running at him.

i think we’re gonna win this one!

Cant see how anybody expects a win at Arsenal  we havent won for 47 years . Either  an extreme optimist or  a recent supporter with no historic  knowledge still hope springs eternal

35 minutes ago, Foxaholic ME said:

Cant see how anybody expects a win at Arsenal  we havent won for 47 years . Either  an extreme optimist or  a recent supporter with no historic  knowledge still hope springs eternal

Previous results have absolutely no bearing on future results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1