Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TheLittleBigMan

Mood in the camp.

Nothing’s changed. We’ve still put ourselves in a position we’re not favourites .

We played better but against a team fighting for nothing and you could really tell.

Arsenal away is a very tough game and I fear it’ll be the end of our top 4 run.

We really need Chelsea to drop points in their next 2 away games whilst we get at least 7 from our next 3. We really need a 3 point lead going into the last 2 games to have a genuine chance.

I have A feeling we will need to beat Utd last day to do it, and won’t have enough but I hope I’m wrong.

Beat arsenal and Chelsea draw at palace and we’d be 3 clear going into 2 winnable games. Arsenal will be the key for me, win it and I make us favourites again, fail to win and I fear its over . Chelsea and Utd are just too good atm to drop many points.

2 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

Nothing’s changed. We’ve still put ourselves in a position we’re not favourites .

We played better but against a team fighting for nothing and you could really tell.

Arsenal away is a very tough game and I fear it’ll be the end of our top 4 run.

We really need Chelsea to drop points in their next 2 away games whilst we get at least 7 from our next 3. We really need a 3 point lead going into the last 2 games to have a genuine chance.

I have A feeling we will need to beat Utd last day to do it, and won’t have enough but I hope I’m wrong.

Beat arsenal and Chelsea draw at palace and we’d be 3 clear going into 2 winnable games. Arsenal will be the key for me, win it and I make us favourites again, fail to win and I fear its over . Chelsea and Utd are just too good atm to drop many points.

If we need to beat Man Utd on the last day, I’m lumping on them getting a penalty! 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

1. Yes 2. Marginally.

I still think we're a longshot to hold off Chelsea and Man U.  They're better than we are right now, and a marginally better performance against a somnolent CP side doesn't change that.  Maybe Vardy gets a spike in confidence from that chippie, and finishes out on good form if the exhaustion doesn't fell him.  Maybe Brendo sticks with 3 at the back, which seemed to improve things somewhat.  If those things happen maybe we poach three points from the matches we're "expected" to win.  But if we go into that MU match needing a point, much less three, I don't fancy our chances.

Somnolent is a fantastic word that I really don't see enough, great usage of it.

• Haha 3

Feels good to wake up knowing we won the day before! Not had that feeling in a while! 

Obviously job is not done yet but a win like yesterday to stop the rut we were getting in to could be but. And of course Vardy's goals. I have more confidence going in to the next couple of games now. Also better knowing we can beat sides who sit back with a bit of persistence and patience. 

We had to win yesterday and we did, but it wasn't that convincing.

It's still under our control and ultimately the performances don't really matter that much, but I think we still need to improve to see this out.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

We had to win yesterday and we did, but it wasn't that convincing.

It's still under our control and ultimately the performances don't really matter that much, but I think we still need to improve to see this out.

lol 3-0 mate. Have a day off

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It wasn’t overly convincing was it ? 1-0 till minute 70 something and a feeling that if they nicked one then we would panic !

but yesterday was more about the points and less about the style 

we need to back it up on Tuesday 

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

It wasn’t overly convincing was it ? 1-0 till minute 70 something and a feeling that if they nicked one then we would panic !

What chances did they have? 

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Palace rarely had any chances. Milivojevic hit a free kick wide and that's it really. Zaha spooned one over but that was already at 2-0.

Vardy missed two decent chances at 0-0. I don't get the negativity. "Palace could have nicked it", yeah so could have we.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It was very similar to our previous uninspiring performances, maybe a little bit better, until we got the first goal. After that we looked comfortable, I thought after the second goal we'd go onto get a few more as we tend to do, we're a much better side when we have the lead. But the first goal was bad goalkeeping, the second goal was very lucky and the third was a typical last minute goal against a team with nothing to lose. I'd have taken a shite 1-0 win and hoped that confidence would transfer over to next game, hopefully thats what we do although I would have wished our next two games were the other way around.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

If we need to beat Man Utd on the last day, I’m lumping on them getting a penalty! 

If we need to beat UTD on the last day I’ll stick a grand on manu to win, I never win bets so it’s a grand well spent.

• Like 1

Just now, Walkers said:

It was very similar to our previous uninspiring performances, maybe a little bit better, until we got the first goal. After that we looked comfortable, I thought after the second goal we'd go onto get a few more as we tend to do, we're a much better side when we have the lead. But the first goal was bad goalkeeping, the second goal was very lucky and the third was a typical last minute goal against a team with nothing to lose. I'd have taken a shite 1-0 win and hoped that confidence would transfer over to next game, hopefully thats what we do although I would have wished our next two games were the other way around.

You could tell that the confidence came back after the first goal. People are quick enough to criticise when we lose so at least give us credit when we win a game

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

What chances did they have? 

only a couple 

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Palace rarely had any chances. Milivojevic hit a free kick wide and that's it really. Zaha spooned one over but that was already at 2-0.

Vardy missed two decent chances at 0-0. I don't get the negativity. "Palace could have nicked it", yeah so could have we.

Cahill doesn’t usually miss a free header like he did 

but I didn’t say they could have ‘nicked’ it - I said if they had nicked a goal after we went two up then we would have panicked - and you really can’t argue with that after added time at vicarage road !!!