Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Did Vardy Mean It?

Did Vardy Mean It?   

483 members have voted

1. 1. So, did he mean to connect with Mustafi’s face?

• Yes
    • No

I didn’t think for one moment that it was intentional but saw an angle yesterday evening which made it look like he most definitely did (not to his head but thats irrelevant )

I believe that the FA wait until the group of fixtures is over before publicising any charges so would be tonight/tomorrow before we are certain

still can’t work out how they can bring a charge when both the on field official and var haven’t raised any concerns ....

It looks as though Vardy is facing away from the player for the most part. 

I don't think for a second he's lashed out at the player - It may have been instinct to try and connect with the ball 

In my view he's tenacious rather than a dirty player - Always plays the game with a great spirit and looks to be popular with the vast majority of other players 

Edited by Crazy Kop Corner
  • Like 1

I think JV's immediate reaction  to see if the Mustafi was ok indicated that it was unintentional - it didn't look like the response to a deliberate act.

Interesting to compare it to Nketiah, who could easily have broke Justin's leg with that challenge. He sat on the ground, both arms raised, as if to say - "Ooo ref, I did nuffin".  And showed no concern at all for the fellow professional he had assaulted, intentional or otherwise. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

I think JV's immediate reaction  to see if the Mustafi was ok indicated that it was unintentional - it didn't look like the response to a deliberate act.

Think that applies either way tbh ...  unintentional =concern ...  intentional = oh sh1t better look concerned and hopefully the ref won’t think I meant it !!   (Gotya you bugger!) ..    :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Think that applies either way tbh ...  unintentional =concern ...  intentional = oh sh1t better look concerned and hopefully the ref won’t think I meant it !!   (Gotya you bugger!) ..    :)

Well that's possible.  I just think he did look genuinely concerned.  Maybe he's a great actor as well as being a decent pub footballer. 

1 minute ago, Fox1970 said:

Well that's possible.  I just think he did look genuinely concerned.  Maybe he's a great actor as well as being a decent pub footballer. 

Haven’t really read all through this thread but get the overall impression people think he didn’t mean it and it wasn’t a red card.  I think he flailed his legs around on purpose and I have no problem with that whatsoever,  and it definitely wasn’t a red card.  

...Vardys' moment when falling is insufficient for the speed and the height carried in that instance. A total deliberate action to make contact with an opponent and disguised as an accident.

Mustafi is a player who is confrontational and no doubt, is quite verbal on the pitch. There may be previous history, which has led to this and if there is a retrospective look  at this incident by the FA, then I am sure there is a 3 game ban in the offing.

On 08/07/2020 at 15:26, Dahnsouff said:

Not just the Fam, the lads in the rain ain`t keen on it either, and they should be taken as completely unbiased when it comes to banning the leading scorer of the league obviously  

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/vardys-challenge-on-mustafi-deserved-red.456043/page-4

Watch the video so many times over the course of 24 hours, spend 10 minutes typing out in minute detail what Vardy SHOULD have done while he was falling to the ground after being clattered. He probably had less than half a second to consider what they've been deliberating on for the past 2 days!

Edited by Danizen

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Haven’t really read all through this thread but get the overall impression people think he didn’t mean it and it wasn’t a red card.  I think he flailed his legs around on purpose and I have no problem with that whatsoever,  and it definitely wasn’t a red card.  

..not sure I follow this logic!!!

If he deliberately failed his leg in that matter, surely it was dangerous play and having connected with someone's face, should therefore be a red.

As I have previously said, it is a blatant act and therefore the FA will exact some punishment.

33 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If he deliberately failed his leg in that matter, surely it was dangerous play and having connected with someone's face, should therefore be a red.

As I have previously said, it is a blatant act and therefore the FA will exact some punishment.

It blatantly happened in the blink of an eye, and there won't have been time to think any of his actions out. Slo-mo makes things that happen in an instant look pre-meditated. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Defenders go in a little heavier than perhaps they should to ‘mark an attackers card’ ..   to let him know they are there ..  the strikers equivalent is to fall over with arms and legs flailing to hopefully catch the defender and let him know they are there ...   if you can’t see the difference between that and trying to badly injure a fellow professional by a studs up two footed challenge or an elbow into the jaw then there’s not much point in discussing it further. 

5 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Defenders go in a little heavier than perhaps they should to ‘mark an attackers card’ ..   to let him know they are there ..  the strikers equivalent is to fall over with arms and legs flailing to hopefully catch the defender and let him know they are there ...   if you can’t see the difference between that and trying to badly injure a fellow professional by a studs up two footed challenge or an elbow into the jaw then there’s not much point in discussing it further. 

He'll understand your point better if you finish your initial sentence like this!!!!

58 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

..We are discussing one incident!!!!

For me it is quite clear that he attempted to make some kind of contact with Mustafi by his action.

The other incidents stand on their own and as such have no part in this discussion.

1 hour ago, HighPeakFox said:

Don't get me started.

It's funny that you bring Goebbels up because I thought that recent Mount Rushmore gig seemed a bit, well, Nuremburg-y. Only needed Leni Riefenstahl and a few burning crosses to complete the effect. God knows what happens when Trump burns down the Riechstag/White House, just before the election.

Anyway, it's the wrong thread for this, dirty Arsenal need to get their own house in order, poor Jamie barely touched him. :whistle: