Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Did Vardy Mean It?

Did Vardy Mean It?   

483 members have voted

1. 1. So, did he mean to connect with Mustafi’s face?

• Yes
    • No

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Arsenal are appealing a red card for a challenge that had the leg been planted, would've been a proper leg breaker. 

Why would that even make a difference lol 

That's a consequence to the foul. He's still studded Justin on the knee ffs!

Wenger did a magnificent job of turning the views on Arsenal being targeted after years of them being a nasty, snide team with the likes of Vieira, Bergkamp, Keown all prominent. And it helped them to bully inferior opposition whilst their class told with the ball.

Yes, they've had some awful injuries through rough play but last night is not in any way comparable, only Vardy will know if he meant it, it seems unlikely given the angle and momentum of the fall and it is only an issue because they failed to win after one of their players needlessly went studs-up on Justin.

• Like 3

Holy crap the arses are the biggest bunch of whiners in the league. The only reason arseteta is moaning is cuz we came away with a point on their turf. Had his lad not got a red and Vardy score the subsequent penalty this would not be a news story. The 2 incidents are not identical anyway. Vardy falls as a result of moosestaffa’s challenge. How the hell is he supposed to be able to control any part of his body when he hits the deck at speed? Are we expecting all our players to lie and play dead the moment they fall? Sometimes momentum and vardy’s will to get back up might cause his boot to swing around but if that’s an intentional karate style round house kick we should give Vardy an Oscar. I’ve noticed in this league that there are certain teams (like us) who often get VAR/bad ref decisions go against us and we take it on the chin and move on while others make the biggest whining noises until they get their way. Tell me who’s the bigger man?

hope the arses get beat in their next few games now the sad bunch. :mad:

• Like 1

AFTV is clearly leaking.

Seriously, ever since this match the internet has just been a cesspit of Arse Fans doing everything they can to appeal the sheer injustice of every tiny detail of that match. Seriously, is there a single corner of England with a more annoying, deluded populace than North London? They make the Scousers seem grounded in comparison.

I swear to god if Vards does get a retrospective ban for this non-incident I am going to personally drive to Highbury, sneak into the back garden of every house with an Arsenal flag, smash their gnomes and burst their football while yelling "Jamie Vardy's Magic" at the top of my lungs.

:plancque:

2 hours ago, OntarioFox said:

AFTV is clearly leaking.

Seriously, ever since this match the internet has just been a cesspit of Arse Fans doing everything they can to appeal the sheer injustice of every tiny detail of that match. Seriously, is there a single corner of England with a more annoying, deluded populace than North London? They make the Scousers seem grounded in comparison.

I swear to god if Vards does get a retrospective ban for this non-incident I am going to personally drive to Highbury, sneak into the back garden of every house with an Arsenal flag, smash their gnomes and burst their football while yelling "Jamie Vardy's Magic" at the top of my lungs.

:plancque:

I think you have to just take AFTV for what it is and enjoy it rather than get wound up about it.

And to be fair, they are an extremely special bunch of individuals but most other clubs could probably find 7 or 8 morons among their fan base to give them a good run 😂

Edited by Manwell Pablo
  • Like 1

I wouldn't say even says Vardy's tackle was serious foul play. His trailing leg caught mustafi and whilst it may be painful I don't consider it foul play, as the offence was a result of the tackle.

Nketiah's was serious foul play as the offence was the tackle. It was a potential leg breaker. No other argument for me. 

I find this comparison to their red ridiculous. Vardy caught Mustafi as part of a coming together where they both fell to the ground. His foot caught Mustafi in the face but he hasn't caused that to happen.

Their challenge was completely the opposite. Intention aside, the lad has gone in high and late and could have broken Justin's leg. He has made the decision to make that dangerous challenge. Granted it was made after he had just come on and was buzzing, but its tough - you cant do it.

Vardy has done nothing wrong.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 2

I don't think it looks great but arguing about this and saying Nketiah's isn't a red is just misplaced anger and bias.

Arteta's gone down a peg massively in my book for that. They could've easily been a few goals to the good but no no, lets point the finger at something else.

The fact skysports didnt even think to talk about it at half time or full time, and then as soon as Arteta said something they claimed he had a point was laughable. And summed up the pathetic coverage last night. It'd be nice for them to do some analysis of their analysis and maybe realise there's more than 6 teams in the league. It wouldn't be so bad if that "big 6" were actually in the top 6 or won a few league titles in the past 10 years but they've done **** all, and it's all about pandering to them and their managers. 

It's very telling that no Arsenal players surrounded the ref after the Vardy incident took place. If they had suspected foul play they'd all have been around the ref demanding his dismissal. This whole business is ludicrous.

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm genuinely not that hung up on it, but look at this video:

From where I've time stamped it, if you can, slow the playback speed down to 0.5. 

Now I subscribe to the argument that you can make anything look better/worse if you slow it down or speed it up, but the way his left leg seems to buck out could be construed as deliberate. 

Ultimately we come back to only Vardy knows, and I hope he didn't. That's about the sum total of it. I'm also 100% sure that if Nketiah wasn't sent off we wouldn't even be having all this screaming about it.

Wow that doesnt look good, that seems such a unnatural position for the left leg, and there also seems to be some motion of it as well.

If this gets vardy banned it proves what I said before about how Rodgers should have been moaning and groaning about all those VAR against us, as it can draw attention and get people to review incidents.

Vardys reaction seems to indicate it was an accident, he did the right thing afterwards, but I think with that leg position, hes in danger of this been made a ban.

Edited by Chrysalis

Vardy is just trying to shake himself free of the Dirty Arsenal player and wasn't being held as much as he thought, very unfortunate. :D Despite his all-action style, there are only a few times I have seen him overstep the mark. I think he is widely respected in the game for the way he takes his physical punishment without rolling around and constantly moaning, which is the Arsenal way.

Dirty Arsenal have a terrible disciplinary record, and ours is very good, so I'm not taking lectures from them.