Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Did Vardy Mean It?

Did Vardy Mean It?   

483 members have voted

1. 1. So, did he mean to connect with Mustafi’s face?

• Yes
    • No

2 hours ago, Kendal Fox said:

If he is hauled up (and banned) on violent conduct charges, does anyone know if the decision is made behind closed doors?

Or will he get a chance to explain himself?

If he gets hauled up violent conduct charges I think we can appeal at the risk of having the ban extended,  his season will be practically over if he is banned as its three games for violent conduct.

But ffs, how is that deliberate 😂 I know he’s got it in him but he ain’t Bruce Lee.

28 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

I totally understand why Arsenal fans think it's deliberate as let's be honest, it doesn't look great and he's pretty spiky at the best of times.

The key thing is though, he goes to apologise immediately and knowing Vardy as we do, do you think for a second he's going to apologise if he means to do it? No way. He'd have just walked away.

I think it's possible he meant to have a little dig with his foot but did not intend to get Mustafi in the face. Then when he realised that he'd made contact with the face, he immediately apologised. Or it could have been a complete accident. In any case, there's no way anybody could definitively say it was deliberate, so there won't be any action.

I thought I liked Arteta, comes across well and is clearly a decent coach even if he is just desperate to be a Pep tribute act, but him whinging about this is seriously pathetic. 

I expect it from the fans, typical North London wet wipes. 

• Like 3

Just look at the way the defender collapses on Vards leg making Vards fall over, there’s a lot of momentum when he goes over. All his leg has done is rotated with his body as he tries to turn around. Imagine someone grabbed hold of you and spun you around till you fell over, your legs wouldn’t stay together and the other would dangle out as you plant the standing leg. Complete accident.

• Like 1

If Nketiah doesn't get sent off, this wouldn't even be a topic of discussion. Typical Arsenal mentality, rooted from the Wenger days, to try and look somewhere else for blame when they haven't done their own jobs properly.

Didn't take their chances and it's complete sour grapes.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Not just the Fam, the lads in the rain ain`t keen on it either, and they should be taken as completely unbiased when it comes to banning the leading scorer of the league obviously  

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/vardys-challenge-on-mustafi-deserved-red.456043/page-4

You can the more "normal" posters on that forum than others. The fact none of them can straight up say "definitive red" means it wasn't clear and obvious.

Edit:
"Is it just me, or has retrospective bans decreased dramatically since the introduction of VAR?
This in the past would definitely get looked at!"

Assume he forgets that everything is reviewed by VAR, so if the officials see it and deem it not a foul, then there's little to nothing that can be done by retrospective action

Edited by UniFox21

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

I thought I liked Arteta, comes across well and is clearly a decent coach even if he is just desperate to be a Pep tribute act, but him whinging about this is seriously pathetic. 

I expect it from the fans, typical North London wet wipes. 

Got to hand it to him - he's managed to fit in seemlessly. Classic of Sky and their big 6 fetish to give that more air time than the wrongly disallowed goal for us.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Look at his reaction straight after he makes contact. Clear as day he didn’t mean it.

I don’t think he is that type of player. Or is it only 3 reds Son We say that about.

Yeah, I think if he had meant it, he wouldn't have put up the pretence of being sorry, he'd have just walked off as if nothing happened.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

If he gets hauled up violent conduct charges I think we can appeal at the risk of having the ban extended,  his season will be practically over if he is banned as its three games for violent conduct.

But ffs, how is that deliberate 😂 I know he’s got it in him but he ain’t Bruce Lee.

I sketchily remembered it being something like that, thanks for refreshing me.

Only 1 game remaining would surely end his chance of the Golden Boot.

Yeah, there's no way he did it intentionally as others confirmed (as I didn't see the match last night) he clearly showed good spirit in his concern for Mustafi straight after.