Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Did Vardy Mean It?

Did Vardy Mean It?   

483 members have voted

1. 1. So, did he mean to connect with Mustafi’s face?

• Yes
    • No

Did he appear apologetic or visibly concerned for Mustafi? All the clips I've seen just show the immediate clash and then cut before we get a chance to see if Vardy looked sorry.

What Arsenal fans omit is that he was actually falling and with his back to Mustafi at the time. 

Just now, Kendal Fox said:

Did he appear apologetic or visibly concerned for Mustafi? All the clips I've seen just show the immediate clash and then cut before we get a chance to see if Vardy looked sorry.

What Arsenal fans omit is that he was actually falling and with his back to Mustafi at the time. 

Immediately goes over to him to check he's ok. 

• Like 3

Just now, Captain... said:

Immediately goes over to him to check he's ok. 

I can't understand why that has been omitted by Arsenal fans?? All the clips they posted cut before we get to see that part. 

There's been plenty of times Kelechi has been clattered without the opposition even acknowledging  they were harsh for instance. Unbelievable if he gets banned now.

As I said in the other thread, at worst he allowed his momentum to carry him into Mustafi and made no effort to not hit him. Typical behaviour if you get clattered it is not his responsibility to protect the player that flattens him.

1 minute ago, Abrasive fox said:

You can tell by his reaction he didn't - he goes straight away to check he's alright. Utterly ridiculous if he gets done on this.

Tbf you react in the same way if you do something like that deliberately and then immediately regret it.. but I do believe it was an accident. I didn't even click what this thread was about judging by the title until I came in here, thats how much of a non incident it is

I'm genuinely not that hung up on it, but look at this video:

From where I've time stamped it, if you can, slow the playback speed down to 0.5. 

Now I subscribe to the argument that you can make anything look better/worse if you slow it down or speed it up, but the way his left leg seems to buck out could be construed as deliberate. 

Ultimately we come back to only Vardy knows, and I hope he didn't. That's about the sum total of it. I'm also 100% sure that if Nketiah wasn't sent off we wouldn't even be having all this screaming about it.