Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Walshie is God

1 hour to go

2 minutes ago, Walshie is God said:

Well guys, there's only one hour to go until we find out we will certainly be stuck in the Europa league next season. Although being honest even if they uphold the ban we will be lucky to scrape 5th after yesterdays dismal showing.

Thought it was 10:30? But yeah don't trust us getting another point this season. Will that be enough for 5th?

Just now, frany104 said:

Doesn’t matter. We’re finishing 7th. Rodgers needs to be sacked. He’s lost the plot and believes he’s a top manager who can’t improve or admit mistakes. We need a fresh manager with a clear gameplan.

Not sure sacking the manager is the answer, but there are definitely issues within this squad again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

I can assure you that the decision today will have no bearing on us. We are losing the next three and will fall out of the top 6. No way is this side reacting to that yesterday and no way do we pick up any points against three very good teams.

If the ban is overturned we could even miss out on Europa League. There's a reasonable chance that Tottenham will win their last 3 (against Newcastle, us and Palace) and if that happens they'll probably finish above us. Imagine being in the top 4 from September onwards, being 14 points clear with almost 2/3 of the season gone and not making Europe at all? Really need to get out of this negative mindset!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

Do we even want to be in the Champions League?

I mean if you can't beat a relegation bound team devoid of confidence what hope have you got against someone like Real Madrid or Borussia Dortmund?

Something I saw on twitter last night - ‘we were never getting in the champs league to do well, we were getting in it for a good time.’

Granted away fans in the stadium maybe banned but the fun is in the travel, beers and experience. Do I want that, yes I do.