Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Spineless and cowardly

I've seen Chocolate teapots withstand more heat than this team. It wasn't that long ago that being a goal down meant nothing to us and you knew we had a good chance of bringing it back. Now if we go a goal down it almost feels inevitable. 

Certainly wont be taking the piss out of Spurs or other teams any time soon...! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know how anyone can read that statement and claim he's throwing Ihenacho under a bus. 

You'd think he'd said it was all nachos fault. He said WE didn't have the personality, I didn't see it coming. People are just inventing stuff now. 

Well he did say - “(Iheanacho) wasn't having one of his better games,” which could have applied despite our dominance to most of the team and for quite some time.

38 minutes ago, davieG said:

But we didn't fail for tactical reasons but you're right about the 'spirit' which Rodgers apparently can't see,well not until after the event.

City had controlled the first half, but said he felt the need to swap a striker for a midfielder to offer more defensive security.

It did not work, City conceding four in the second half in a meltdown that may define the season.

“(Iheanacho) wasn't having one of his better games,” said Rodgers in his post-match press conference. “The issue for us defensively was on the side of the pitch, because there was a lot of space for Wilf and Youri to cover.

“So we pushed Ayo on, he was playing well, and added an extra midfielder in to help cover.

But the defeat wasn't tactical, it was about the spirit.”

He added: “I didn't see it coming. We didn't have personality in the second half.

So it wasn't me but those on the field. Take some responsibility man. It was yours in big part too. Have some humility, grace and guts to admit your role. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I don't know how anyone can read that statement and claim he's throwing Ihenacho under a bus. 

You'd think he'd said it was all nachos fault. He said WE didn't have the personality, I didn't see it coming. People are just inventing stuff now. 

He singled him out though and more or less meant that he was shit hence the sub.

I did find it particularly unfair because not only Nacho was doing alright and contributed to the goal but taking him off completely isolated Vardy and effectively ended our chances to score a second one.

I can't understand why you're keeping this line of defense when it's pretty much obvious to everyone that Rodgers screwed up badly. The players have of course a hand in this disaster but the catalyst was the unjustified substitution.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Can’t see any Champions League club wanting any of our players.

Chilwell might go, I don’t want him to but he’s replaceable. Who else is anyone gonna be keen on?

Madders potentially, I would have said Cags up until yesterday, Ricardo (who is at no fault).

Just feels like the best opportunity we are gonna have for years, pissed away.

8 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

If someone comes on here - which they will - and says if they offered us at the start of the season top 6/7,  two very good cup runs and a golden boot for our striker we would have snatched their hand off, I may lose my presence of mind and not be responsible for my actions.

:mad:

So they will take the shit football and results since just before Christmas, the bottle job in losing a double digit points advantage, and two meek cup exits after reaching the later rounds? You're right. 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

Well he did say - “(Iheanacho) wasn't having one of his better games,” which could have applied despite our dominance to most of the team and for quite some time.

He was asked why he took Iheanacho off and he gave his reason. You can argue whether it was a good idea or not but no where did he say its all his fault. He wasn't on the pitch when we conceded, he's the last player you could blame. 

"we didn't have the personality". When people say WE they're including themselves. 

All this blame game and accusations against players and manager is not going to change the outcome last night, put you pitch forks down and put out your bonfires, as it is now illegal to do witch burning!

We are a medium sized club who want to get bigger, but it is not in the clubs DNA as of yet to believe we can compete at the top, this is the difficult part that Rodgers is trying to create.  When a Manure player goes out on to the pitch, he understands what it means to play for the club, OGS has brought that back to Yanited in the last few months, Klopp has done the same thing for Liverpool during the last 4 years! 

2 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He was asked why he took Iheanacho off and he gave his reason. You can argue whether it was a good idea or not but no where did he say its all his fault. He wasn't on the pitch when we conceded, he's the last player you could blame. 

"we didn't have the personality". When people say WE they're including themselves. 

You're having a mare here sorry in defending him. He is not including himself. He said he did not see it coming. And no one is exempting the players as I see it. 

10 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

We've got to make sure none of these players think they can **** off to a CL team. They've bottled it and got us here, they're gonna have to play Thursday nights.

We’ll be out in the qualifiers 

Edited by funkyrobot

Was angry and upset yesterday, but I've had time to reflect.

Reminds me a little of the 2012/13 season were we lead the table and then fell apart before regrouping to slip into the PO, before that Watford Play Off horror moment. 

To me its mental, not talent, the 20/13 learnt and regrouped, hopefully this group does the same.

Just now, Webbo said:

Whatever mate, carry on with your witch hunt. Twist words if you think it'll get you some rep points. 

Your words not mine I am using. And I am not interested in rep but like most others am pointing out that Rodgers has to take a large degree of responsibility, not only for last night but his tactical ineptitude this year. His own words betray him, "it wasn't tactical". 

The only thing  Spineless and cowardly is LCFC Fans. We have the worst fanbase full of fickle mindedness. Should be embarrassed, we have over performed this season so get over thinking we are top 4 because we are not, get behind your team.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

He singled him out though and more or less meant that he was shit hence the sub.

I did find it particularly unfair because not only Nacho was doing alright and contributed to the goal but taking him off completely isolated Vardy and effectively ended our chances to score a second one.

I can't understand why you're keeping this line of defense when it's pretty much obvious to everyone that Rodgers screwed up badly. The players have of course a hand in this disaster but the catalyst was the unjustified substitution.

Spot on

Just now, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

Your words not mine I am using. And I am not interested in rep but like most others am pointing out that Rodgers has to take a large degree of responsibility, not only for last night but his tactical ineptitude this year. His own words betray him, "it wasn't tactical". 

The buck stops with the manager, no argument from me but claim he was blaming Nacho is the most ridiculous interpretation of what he said. 

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I disagree if you're taking a forward off for a defensive mid-fielder you're doing it solely for tactical reasons not because the forward isn't having one of his best games, if it was that he'd have put an attacking player on and seemingly it was so there was no need at all  to comment on Iheanacho's performance.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, fleckneymike said:

There’s something very Spursy about this group. 

We bottle it whenever there’s the slightest whiff of a struggle or pressure. From rolling over for Liverpool at home, to freezing against a Villa side featuring no strikers, to throwing away another chance in the FA Cup, this squad just don’t have the mentality needed. We’re serial bottlers. 

Everyone looks to someone else to dig the team out or take control. No in game management from the players, no one to put a marker down and drive them on, no one to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

The space we afforded one of the worst sides in the league was criminal, we let them walk into the area and shoot. The goal we did score was comical. Nacho fluffed the shot, the defender cleared an off target shot back into Vardy’s path to scramble in. 

We used the January window to bring in an oil tanker of a centre back with the distribution of yodel. Rather than kicking on we’ve slammed on the handbrake and started reversing at speed. 

And as for subbing an attacker at half time against one of the most inept defences...

A damning assessment but sadly true.

51 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

I genuinely think I’ll struggle to get up for a football match again - we reached the summit in 2016 which was a freak, now this was our best ever chance to take us to the next level and build sustainable success, retain our best players and attract new players with the draw of CL football. I really don’t think we’ll get the chance again to be this close to Champions League football - Man United seem to have built a more balanced squad, Man City are exonerated and will keep their best players, and Chelsea are making decent moves in the transfer market. I really think we’ve blown our best chance of establishing ourselves as a club at the next tier, and it’ll take an extraordinary set of circumstances for us to be in with a chance of these heights again. That along with VAR, whiffs of corruption both in refereeing and with FFP, really is turning me off the sport. 

This is exactly how I feel.

It's not the fact we've say, lost a cup game or final after a good run, it's the fact we're blowing a golden opportunity to build genuinely solid foundations for years to come to really establish ourselves. 

The strong will only get stronger and we'll look back on this moment as what if and it's back to justifying the 'little old Leicester punching above their weight' narrative. 

16 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

All this blame game and accusations against players and manager is not going to change the outcome last night, put you pitch forks down and put out your bonfires, as it is now illegal to do witch burning!

We are a medium sized club who want to get bigger, but it is not in the clubs DNA as of yet to believe we can compete at the top, this is the difficult part that Rodgers is trying to create.  When a Manure player goes out on to the pitch, he understands what it means to play for the club, OGS has brought that back to Yanited in the last few months, Klopp has done the same thing for Liverpool during the last 4 years! 

Rubbish, that mentality is exactly why clubs don’t break into the top end of the league. 

11 minutes ago, davieG said:

I disagree if you're taking a forward off for a defensive mid-fielder you're doing it solely for tactical reasons not because the forward isn't having one of his best games, if it was that he'd have put an attacking player on and seemingly it was so there was no need at all  to comment on Iheanacho's performance.

He was asked why took Nacho off, obviously he's going to mention Nacho in his answer, I don't see that as him blaming Nacho for the whole defeat and I don't know how anyone e  lse can either. 

If I persist with this though I'll be banned quite soon so I'm going to have to leave it there. 

Edited by Webbo

Very simply, Bournemouth wanted to win. They found their backs against the wall and we started to go into cruise control.

Then it happened. Kasper’s saved us a few points this season but it was a clanger.

Then we fell apart.  Total lack of desire from the Players. It’s not Brendans fault Kasper kicked it straight to their striker.  It’s not completely Brendans fault that our team fell apart.  That’s mentality, and our players do not have the resilience needed to be a top team and when the going gets tough.