Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
fleckneymike

Spineless and cowardly

How many more times is Kasper going to play these hospital balls.We have seen so many from him over the season and we have got away with it but last night we didn't and we paid heavily for it. He's a great goalkeeper but surely he must realise that wayward passes in the centre of the park, if they go wrong, will cause us massive problems.

I also ask why Ndidi had his back to Kasper when the ball was being kicked out. These are professional footballers and whilst the kick was wayward had he been facing the ball he would have seen it and could have acted appropriately rather than letting it hit his backside for it to ricochet to one of their players and he being unaware  of what was happening until it was too late. I think he was lucky not to be sent off personally as he must have been last man back so maybe one we got away with.

I think a few City players should be holding their hands up as it was more than Kasper's fault for this humiliating defeat.

As far as tactics go we seem to have reverted to Puel's annoying habit of passing the ball back and across the back three/four and never making much progress forwards. It makes for good possession figures but you won't score many goals and basically it's boring.

42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

He was asked why took Nacho off, obviously he's going to mention Nacho in his answer, I don't see that as him blaming Nacho for the whole defeat and I don't know how anyone e  lse can either. 

If I persist with this though I'll be banned quite soon so I'm going to have to leave it there. 

I don't think he's blaming Nacho for the whole defeat but there's an element of deflection there, he's implying that one of the reasons he changed the team was because Nacho wasn't having a good game annd that really wasn't the reason in all honestly. Anyway like you I'll leave it there otherwise i'll have to ban myself. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, davieG said:

I disagree if you're taking a forward off for a defensive mid-fielder you're doing it solely for tactical reasons not because the forward isn't having one of his best games, if it was that he'd have put an attacking player on and seemingly it was so there was no need at all  to comment on Iheanacho's performance.

Spot on

I will defend the team somewhat.

In 2020 we have had absolutely no luck or referee decision go our way. The second half of the season has seen us have a good 5/6 stone wall penalties turned down. Decisions that should have given us a more comfortable time post-Covid.

32 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

Oh you're an expert now! Perhaps you work in the field of pyscology?

It’s actually just common sense. Believe you can get there and you have more chance of doing so. Carry on with a small club mentality and thinking we’ve lost before we go out on the pitch because we’re little old Leicester is obviously going to effect the chances of winning. 

2 minutes ago, Babylon said:

That's the thing, there was no need. There were no defensive issues. 

@Finnegan absolutely nailed it yesterday. How many times have we been utter dog much and he's not made a change at half time, waiting until 65 / 70 minutes to try and make any change. Yet in a game which we totally dominated, they had one touch in our area, he's running scared and making changes that just didn't need to be made against a team that looked woeful first half. 

It just doesn't make sense.

I see it as a symptom of what's been said about Rodgers even before he came here. 

Right back at the start the skeptics were talking about how he got sacked at Liverpool because he couldn't stop the rot. 

I see it happen to us and I see a manager panic. He needs the win so much yesterday that he over thinks things, gets scared and tries to close up shop. Anxiety kills reason out of desperation.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, frany104 said:

It’s actually just common sense. Believe you can get there and you have more chance of doing so. Carry on with a small club mentality and thinking we’ve lost before we go out on the pitch because we’re little old Leicester is obviously going to effect the chances of winning. 

You're more or less confirming what I said on my original post and Rodgers is trying to change that mentality, but he's having trouble trouble doing it since the Man City/Liverpool games at Xmas, the players seemed to stop believing in their ability after these batterings.  If you are Chelsea/Man city you can spend a lot of money to get there quicker to become a so called top 6 club. 

Breaking into the top 4 is near impossible. In the last 14 years the top 5/6 clubs have consistently been there. Leicester City are the only CL participants from clubs outside the big 5/6, and we had a huge chance to do it again but choked so badly its so infuriating.

The anger towards this team + manager is well deserved. Rodgers has many questions to answer. I'm not Rodgers Out but as @davieG said Rodgers has really gone down in my estimation. 

I think we lack leadership on the pitch. Having your keeper as captain isn't ideal, he can't gee up and bark orders from the goal line. We need a nasty bastard in defence or midfield who can inspire confidence or sling a few fcks about and get them going. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

I think we lack leadership on the pitch. Having your keeper as captain isn't ideal, he can't gee up and bark orders from the goal line. We need a nasty bastard in defence or midfield who can inspire confidence or sling a few fcks about and get them going. 

Agree but there is enough experience in that side. Schmeichel, Vardy, Evans, Fuchs, Albrighton. Even Perez and Praet have over 300 career games each under their belt.

1 minute ago, Koke said:

Agree but there is enough experience in that side. Schmeichel, Vardy, Evans, Fuchs, Albrighton. Even Perez and Praet have over 300 career games each under their belt.

It's not experience it's personality. If we had had a John Terry or even a Steve Walsh on the pitch yesterday we wouldn't have capitulated so pathetically. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Webbo said:

It's not experience it's personality. If we had had a John Terry or even a Steve Walsh on the pitch yesterday we wouldn't have capitulated so pathetically. 

I think it's harsh to say that the likes of Vardy and Schmeichel aren't big personalities.

You just need more of them.

We shouldn’t underestimate how much our players rely on the fans in the stadium. They’re a group that rely on being fired up, like Vardy does. They need us in the stadiums to play with a proper intensity.

Im not defending them for yesterday, but they’ll be equally devastated about it, combined with embarrassment. BR should acknowledge he ballsed up as-well.