Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Merih Demiral

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

The only way this happens is if Rodgers wants to go 3 at the back regularly.

Not really, if we're genuinely interested in a Jovic quality centre back to start transitioning Vardy out of the team then it's not a stretch that we'd be interested in Soyuncu's international team mate to be Evans' long term replacement. 

Evans might not have been with us as long but neither are getting younger and physical qualities were never Evans biggest strengths at the best of times. 

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not really, if we're genuinely interested in a Jovic quality centre back to start transitioning Vardy out of the team then it's not a stretch that we'd be interested in Soyuncu's international team mate to be Evans' long term replacement. 

Evans might not have been with us as long but neither are getting younger and physical qualities were never Evans biggest strengths at the best of times. 

Can't see him agreeing to come here to sit on the bench for 25/30 games a season. He'd definitely be a long term replacement for Evans but think he'll want regular game time for a couple of seasons prior to replacing Evans.

9 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Can't see him agreeing to come here to sit on the bench for 25/30 games a season. He'd definitely be a long term replacement for Evans but think he'll want regular game time for a couple of seasons prior to replacing Evans.

Yeah I agree but what I'm saying is, maybe we don't see him as backup. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Does he speak English ..... cags didn’t  and it was a problem for him last season ......

Cags was our only Turkish speaker when he arrived, so understandably it took him a while to settle without being able to communicate with any of his teammates.

If we get Demiral then he'll have a CB partner who he can speak fluently with and presumably he'll know some Italian, so may even be able to communicate with a few of the lads like Praet as well. And if we were close to signing him in January (with indication of following up in the summer) then he may well have spent the last 6 months learning some english on the side whilst he's been recovering.

He would be into the first XI a lot quicker than Soyuncu, for sure.

2 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Zero problems with cags losing it, we need a bit more of that in the team. The rest of them (vardy and kasper aside) are all some of the nicest people in football, including our backroom staff. More horrible bastards please, you win nothing for being 2nd in the fair play league.

Cags - I've no problem with him losing it, and don't think he's now a liability etc. You don't have to be a nutcase to be a good CB. It's more entertaining mind, and great value for the nerves.  :wasyl:

12 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Zero problems with cags losing it, we need a bit more of that in the team. The rest of them (vardy and kasper aside) are all some of the nicest people in football, including our backroom staff. More horrible bastards please, you win nothing for being 2nd in the fair play league.

Who are we behind in the fair play league??

16 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

I agree. I have said I think the young players in the team seem to be a bit weak mentally, which is understandable. Soyuncu for me is one who I would not apply that too, he gets in your face and remonstrates with other players. I've seen him shout at both Wes and Evans multiple times. Not sure if he's having English lessons or anything, but if he stayed with us for a few seasons he could definitely be captain material. 

That said next season I expect to see Tielemans given the armband for a few games. That could be a very good thing actually as it might improve his performances. E.g. I would never have had Beckham down as a captain, but when given the armband his personal performances improved significantly for England. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Abrasive fox said:

Surely kicking an opponent like that is something you should have a problem with ??  there are ways of being horrible and that isn’t one of them with VAR around ........ 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It was a slight kick, he was angry, wilson pushed him too.

It showed what it meant to him, zero problems with it and I'd like to see more of it from players. 

Maybe less of the kicking, but more of that anger/annoyance. We need the odd hard bastard that's going to be a worry for the opposition.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

It showed what it meant to him, zero problems with it and I'd like to see more of it from players. 

It was naive and it has cost us big time - the game is very different to years gone by - Bobby Huth could never exist with VAR 

sorry but you can have the ugliness which we need without the kick when the ball is dead 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We've been too nice for years, we regularly allow players to run past us on the counter rather than just taking a yellow card and regaining our defensive positions.

I can remember plenty of times Cags or Evans (or even Ndidi) has taken one for the team when the opposition break. I'm not sure about this nice tag either. Evans has put in some tasty bucklers in. Harry Kane knows all too well for example. Losing the head isn't a tactic we should be employing, it's contagious.  Sure have an edge when needed, and maybe we need to turn that up a little against particular teams, but it shouldn't be our modus operandi. Warnock's old school of get into them mentality to make up for shortfalls isn't gonna cut it as a tactic. I understand its entertaining, who doesn't love it. It gets the crowd up too (when there's one). We scored a lot more in the box when we were rougher and got away with a lot. VAR done killed that.

1 minute ago, sphericalfox said:

I can remember plenty of times Cags or Evans (or even Ndidi) has taken one for the team when the opposition break. I'm not sure about this nice tag either. Evans has put in some tasty bucklers in. Harry Kane knows all too well for example. Losing the head isn't a tactic we should be employing, it's contagious.  Sure have an edge when needed, and maybe we need to turn that up a little against particular teams, but it shouldn't be our modus operandi. Warnock's old school of get into them mentality to make up for shortfalls isn't gonna cut it as a tactic. I understand its entertaining, who doesn't love it. It gets the crowd up too (when there's one). We scored a lot more in the box when we were rougher and got away with a lot. VAR done killed that.

More so Barnes, Maddison and others. We should be fouling them further up the pitch when needed.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It was naive and it has cost us big time - the game is very different to years gone by - Bobby Huth could never exist with VAR 

sorry but you can have the ugliness which we need without the kick when the ball is dead 

Weve not messed up the champions league because of the games he hasn't played in, we messed it up because of the games he played in!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sphericalfox said:

..don't think you can put down our ineffectiveness in the box to VAR!!!

We were a long time useless at converting crosses to goals before VAR turned up.

Cags has had a terrific season, and I hope he can maintain the discipline, which he has added to his game, for next season. 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

If we miss out on the CL, that moment - not just because it cost us a very real chance to grab a goal back and a point with it, but Caglar for the last three games - was probably the key.  Being fiery and all is fine, but that was hotheaded and stupid.  No point in glossing over that.

4 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Aggression in the wrong way for me, at 2-1 will 11 on the pitch we still have a chance to grab a draw and probably fair better in the last 3 games with him.

You can be aggressive without being stupid, in my opinion.  

Hard enough to win with 11 let alone 10.

• Like 1