Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Merih Demiral

Not the first time Wilson has tried to get one of our players sent off, tried it on Huth years ago with the "Oh no, he kicked the ball at me, I am so hurt shtick". Bournemouth are a snide team, aggressive and prone to kicking you about, but the first to hit the floor and roll around if they think they can get someone in trouble. Hopefully Cags has learnt a lesson about not falling for the tactics of wind up merchants looking to get a reaction.

We will end up paying some ridiculous fee to Southampton for that Danish lamppost.  However, If Congers pulls this one off, there might be queue forming to pull him off.  I would not be in that queue mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Aggression in the wrong way for me, at 2-1 will 11 on the pitch we still have a chance to grab a draw and probably fair better in the last 3 games with him.

You can be aggressive without being stupid, in my opinion.  

Hard enough to win with 11 let alone 10.

Your completely missing the point. It’s not that we’re happy with him kicking a player. It’s the emotion he showed. We all know he shouldn’t kick out and he will learn from it. It would be nice to see others show some passion and care about the result. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, frany104 said:

Your completely missing the point. It’s not that we’re happy with him kicking a player. It’s the emotion he showed. We all know he shouldn’t kick out and he will learn from it. It would be nice to see others show some passion and care about the result. 

Really...............

So the only way you can show passion is to kick someone! 

Or just pissed off that someone shoved him in the net, unless you are cags you don't know!

45 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Understand that people are annoyed with Soyuncu but it was a heat of the moment reaction and all happened in less than 10 seconds. His team had just bottled a crucial lead in 1 minute and then he gets shoved into the goal.

i would be absolutely fuming in those same circumstances and he made a bad decision yes. Would much rather that than someone that lies down after that with no emotions. If you don’t feel some form aggression after that, then you are either not human or extremely emotionless and would be a terrible central defender.

Next time hopefully he will think twice.

I don't disagree - but the fact the team had bottled it had (in my opinion) nothing to do with it. He lashed out, and I loathe the fact that people interpret that as some positive sign of passion. It wasn't that, he lashed out. Some people (and I am sure not you) just love to justify or diminish the downside of violent behaviour. Do I understand why he kicked out? Yes, of course.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

I usually agree with a lot of your posts mate but try find me a bloke who doesn’t react after conceding two goals in 90 seconds then gets assaulted when trying to get the ball out of the net. 

I don’t think it’s passion, it’s just a natural human reaction to being pushed by another bloke. Unfortunately, the laws of the game don’t take context into consideration and if you kick someone then you’re gonna get a red card.

Rage outweighed a bit of nous in that situation for Soy, but I think that you have to experience those mistakes to learn from them - it’s the ups and downs of having a young side. 

Go back and read what I said - I said I understood it.

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

I don't disagree - but the fact the team had bottled it had (in my opinion) nothing to do with it. He lashed out, and I loathe the fact that people interpret that as some positive sign of passion. It wasn't that, he lashed out. Some people (and I am sure not you) just love to justify or diminish the downside of violent behaviour. Do I understand why he kicked out? Yes, of course.

Yep I agree that he shouldn’t have lashed out in the way he did. But it is also important to see how it would’ve been hard to rationalise actions when in such a situation

20 minutes ago, jaqo88 said:

Yep I agree that he shouldn’t have lashed out in the way he did. But it is also important to see how it would’ve been hard to rationalise actions when in such a situation

Agreed! He was cross and frustrated - fair enough. I just don't buy the argument that it shows he cares more than the other players.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

My thoughts also. If you want to show how much you care, try to help the team turn the game around, don't start swinging for your opponents. Incredibly stupid and unprofessional in the extreme, whether he was provoked or not. Some other members of the squad would be absolutely crucified for doing something like that. Perhaps he's fortunate in that Schmeichel and Rodgers also dropped pretty sizeable clangers that day.

this thread went ‘hot’ for me and i started to get excited about maybe us signing him...

I can’t believe Foxestalk members were talking about someone else in a thread that was not about them! Definitely the first time this has happened...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Haven’t seen him play but if you play at Juventus and play regularly at 20 that shows something

He played 6 games out of a possible 19 games this season, before Cruciate Ligament rupture. not sure that counts as being regular!

Edited by coolhandfox

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He played 6 games out of a possible 19 games this season, before Cruciate Ligament rupture. not sure that counts as being regular!

De ligt bonnucci were ahead of him who are supposedly world class, then de ligt was injured and demiral started playing and continued being the starter even after de ligt was at full fitness. Id say that looks pretty good.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Think we can finally kiss this 1 good bye as De Ligt has just had an Op on his shoulder due to be out for 3mths, Demiral will be a starter providing he fully over his own ACL injury.

Chiellini's back, both he and Bonucci were Pirlo teammates. And they have Rugani who is seemingly more happy than Demiral to be fourth choice.

Difficult to keep five CBs happy if Juve stick with 4 at the back, so Demiral might still consider a move if de Ligt is only going to miss the first two months of the season.

4 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Chiellini's back, both he and Bonucci were Pirlo teammates. And they have Rugani who is seemingly more happy than Demiral to be fourth choice.

Difficult to keep five CBs happy if Juve stick with 4 at the back, so Demiral might still consider a move if de Ligt is only going to miss the first two months of the season.

Clutching there i think Chiellini is 36 tomorrow & Bonucci 33 whilst i appreciate the Italian game is played in the head & not at 100mph like here but surely Juventus wouldn't be willing to let a 22yr old leave whilst those 2 are in their twilight years.

Anythings possible when money involved i guess & they were linked with Smalling early August so maybe a deal could be done but i expect they would lean towards Rugani leaving more so than Demiral because if he clicks with De Ligt they sorted for years to come.