Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Merih Demiral

12 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He was starting for Juventus ahead of De Ligt before his injury and getting rave reviews.

I would absolutely love him here as he is a rock type defender who is excellent in the air but for the life of me I can't see why he would want to come here when he has every chance of being a regular starter for Juventus.

Unless they're signing someone new?

Agree its a long shot but you'd imagine if they're pursuing him hard they must have some positive indication on this from either the club or the agent, thats an if this actually true though.

..playing for Juve in the Italian league is a bit like playing for Celtic!!!

Sparse competition, a title every season the only challenge would be Champions league football.

Demiral could see coming to the Premiership as a avenue to test himself in an environment where he could further develop.

British teams cornered the final positions in Europe last season and suggest this to be a stronger league to play in.

He perhaps could be persuaded to come here, and not view this as a side way move and with Soyuncu a potential factor, he could just be the answer.

Now we're talking! This is exactly the type of name you want to see at the top the Transfer Talk section. I'm not sure we'd be able to land him but this would be a superb signing. 

If we could go into the market and sign a CB of Demiral's reputation that would be a huge statement of intent and should be a real cause of optimism for the fanbase of what's ahead. Plus we'd have two big Turkish nutters in our backline. What a spicy thought!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Deeg67 said:

Is there now or has there ever been any indication that Juve actually wants to sell him?

Think we were going to sign him in January prior to him injuring himself. They must have given us some form of indication that they're willing to sell otherwise we wouldn't pursue it.

There's no smoke without fire, as they say.

41 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Think we were going to sign him in January prior to him injuring himself. They must have given us some form of indication that they're willing to sell otherwise we wouldn't pursue it.

There's no smoke without fire, as they say.

Then, no.  That's an inference.  Not necessarily incorrect, but not actual direct evidence.

13 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Then, no.  That's an inference.  Not necessarily incorrect, but not actual direct evidence.

I think some form of deal was agreed for him to come here in January,  prior to him injuring himself, not 100% sure though.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting to hear the justification of why they think his worth 30m after 6 apps, considering they paid only 18m for him. 

Because they can. :)

Schmeichel

DEMIRAL Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Tielemans Ndidi Maddison Chilwell

JOVIC Vardy

Might just be Brendan's thinking based on the transfer rumours. Looks a quality 11 to me, with signings like Carvalho and Lallana to boost the squad.

• Like 1

https://www.juvefc.com/demiral-ronaldo-helps-me/

This is an earlier interview with him before he was fully integrated with his Juventus teammates. In a more recent one I can't find he asserts his happiness there with no wish to move. His relationship with Ronaldo is such he trains privately with him and admires him greatly as a mentor. Why would he leave such a top team with some special players and Champions League football to come to Leicester? I think he has far more ambition than that and it would be such a detrimental nonsensical move for him. 

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He might not at the moment, but he’ll most likely be 3rd choice to start off anyway.

Ease him in whilst he learns English then he can come in properly to establish himself further down the line. 

Not sure that we'll be signing £30m+ players to be 3rd choice.