Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LestaLad

Merih Demiral

11 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

This guy is absolutely class. June need to balance their books and have about 100 players so could see them selling.

How we went from trying to complete the Turkish wall to signing bennett I will never know.

Maybe a panic/short term option after he did his knee and was out longer term?

I don’t think this is going to happen, although Juventus have a lot of players they only have 5 centre backs and both Bonucci and Chiellini are no spring chickens anymore. If he pushes for a move and we up the bid then maybe but otherwise I can’t see it. 

Edited by GingerrrFox
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Benrahma and Demiral would be absolutely perfect to be fair.

Kasper

Demiral Evans Soyuncu

Ricardo Ndidi Tielemans Chilwell

Benrahma     Maddison

Vardy

Problem with that is Soyuncu has looked pretty woeful in his back 3 appearances so far. Could change with training and understanding I guess, but for me a back 3 would be my plan B. 

Edited by RowlattsFox
  • Like 3

By all accounts we were very interested in January before he got injured, and now we're shifting towards 3atb we could really do with another top class CB. Another young Turkish lad who's already playing at a top level would be perfect for us.

Only question is whether we can cough up enough cash to get it done (and convince the player to come here... CL would be very helpful on that front). €30m (£27m) plus add-ons is an awful lot of money considering we're also supposedly looking for improvements further up the pitch. Can't see us being too keen to have a huge net spend this summer.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Be very, very surprised if let go. Been bits in the Italian press how De Ligt is coming good after a rocky start and the older heads are beginning to look at the end 

Covid -19 might make it possible. Apparently 60% of Juve's wages is spent on Cristiano Ronaldo alone (!) and they rely a lot on gate receipts as the Italian TV deal isn't worth nearly as much as the Premier League. Juve are also unable to compete in the ICC or other highly lucrative friendlies in the US / Far East this summer, again hitting their ability to generate revenue. There are also strong rumours that Sarri will be sacked as despite Juve looking like winning Serie A, they've not looked very good this season, so that's another cost to pay. Put all of that together and the chances of selling a defender who has not played for the last 6 months for 3-5x profit is probably too good to pass up.

I think the bigger issue is if the player himself wants to move? If you've played yourself into the starting 11 at Juventus you'e got to be confident you're a top class player and why would you want to step down? 

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

Covid -19 might make it possible. Apparently 60% of Juve's wages is spent on Cristiano Ronaldo alone (!) and they rely a lot on gate receipts as the Italian TV deal isn't worth nearly as much as the Premier League. Juve are also unable to compete in the ICC or other highly lucrative friendlies in the US / Far East this summer, again hitting their ability to generate revenue. There are also strong rumours that Sarri will be sacked as despite Juve looking like winning Serie A, they've not looked very good this season, so that's another cost to pay. Put all of that together and the chances of selling a defender who has not played for the last 6 months for 3-5x profit is probably too good to pass up.

I think the bigger issue is if the player himself wants to move? If you've played yourself into the starting 11 at Juventus you'e got to be confident you're a top class player and why would you want to step down? 

I doubt they rely a lot on gate receipts, their stadium has a similar capacity to ours. They get a lot from sponsorship deals and the like (which Ronaldo has certainly helped them with). You're right that they could see this as a good opportunity to make some cash, although he and de Ligt look to be Juventus' future. With Chiellini unlikely to be useful for much longer even if he recovers his pre-injury form, and Rugani being a little shit, it leaves just Bonucci to partner de Ligt.

3 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

This guy is absolutely class. June need to balance their books and have about 100 players so could see them selling.

How we went from trying to complete the Turkish wall to signing bennett I will never know.

He was starting for Juventus ahead of De Ligt before his injury and getting rave reviews.

I would absolutely love him here as he is a rock type defender who is excellent in the air but for the life of me I can't see why he would want to come here when he has every chance of being a regular starter for Juventus.