Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I know we are in a good spot but we now have to look over our shoulders  with liverpool getting closer and possibly spurs. Its going to be a tough run in to get champions league. Those "easy" games really are must wins. Our last 3 games will be very tough. We need to wrap up champs league before the spurs game (or that last game could be painful if we lose).

I know we've just lost and everyone's being negative, but even with a slight down turn in form we'll still make top 4. It'll take a drop worse than last year to fall out. The only thing I can see that would aid that is a load of injuries and / or suspensions. Hopefully Soyuncu being out is only a blip.

2 minutes ago, EastAnglianFox said:

Not here for an argument tonight as the Mrs is drunk so I'm gonna fill my boots shortly 

But weeks ago I was laughed at when I mentioned that Spurs and Liverpool were more of a worry than Chelsea and West Ham, at least one of them are going to go on a daft run in these last 8 games. 

You're welcome 😂

It wouldn't be that much of a surprise for Liverpool to given they strung those sorts of amounts of victories together in recent seasons, Spurs haven't ever won 7 or 8 on the spin under Mourinho which is likely what they need to do.evwn Liverpool winning all 9 (still think they'll drop points in at least 1 game) means we win 4 of these next 5 and we only need 1 more result if they do win 8 out of their last 9. Would take monumental swings and let's see what the CL does to them in the next few weeks if they get through.

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It wouldn't be that much of a surprise for Liverpool to given they strung those sorts of amounts of victories together in recent seasons, Spurs haven't ever won 7 or 8 on the spin under Mourinho which is likely what they need to do.evwn Liverpool winning all 9 (still think they'll drop points in at least 1 game) means we win 4 of these next 5 and we only need 1 more result if they do win 8 out of their last 9. Would take monumental swings and let's see what the CL does to them in the next few weeks if they get through.

As always @Ric Flairan excellent post with many valid points and I honestly will read it fully in the morning, but for now..... Night all lol

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

It'll take a drop worse than last year to fall out

It really won't. After 29 games last season, when lockdown started, we were 5 points clear of 4th and 8 points clear of 5th. Which is exactly the same position we were in before today, again after 29 games. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I don't like Klopp (plippy plopp) But I have to agree with him about Southgate being a bit shit.

Southgate would need a serious upgrade to be a bit shit  !!

He is a lot shit