Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

I think he wants to be the top PL goalscorer ever, so he won't go abroad. He's got a contract at Spurs until he's 31 and Levy will demand so much money for him. I can see him staying there for his career and never winning a trophy. He should have gone last summer knowing that Poch had gone and Jose would be there for a couple of years.

Just now, Paninistickers said:

Agree that he's a striker of the very very highest quality. 

But we can't dig at him.for staying at spurs when we want Cags, Tielemans etc to stay with us..

Kane is one of the very very very best in the world in his position though. Tielemans and co are class but are they top 3/5(?) in their positions in the world. I would argue no

• Like 2

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

I think he wants to be the top PL goalscorer ever, so he won't go abroad. He's got a contract at Spurs until he's 31 and Levy will demand so much money for him. I can see him staying there for his career and never winning a trophy. He should have gone last summer knowing that Poch had gone and Jose would be there for a couple of years.

Agreed. If he went Man City he could quite possibly have 2 or 3 30 goal seasons he's that good 

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Haha was surprised to see He’s Just signed a new 3 year deal as well 

Reg Dwight i assume as surely nobody would be giving Gayle a 3 year deal unless he's playing for free. 

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Reg Dwight i assume as surely nobody would be giving Gayle a 3 year deal unless he's playing for free. 

Remember This is Mike Ashley, he’s just given a nearly 32 year old striker a 3 year contract because it’s cheaper then buying a new striker 

33 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Agree that he's a striker of the very very highest quality. 

But we can't dig at him.for staying at spurs when we want Cags, Tielemans etc to stay with us..

Chances are they won't stay with us though.

Kane has a tough decision to make, the difference between our players, certainly the two you've mentioned is they're not Leicester fans, he's a Spurs fan (I assume) so it would be tough to leave in that situation (Something i'd find hard in his position - obviously if it was Leicester) but does he want to win something or be known as one of the best strikers who won nothing?

I do question certain players leaving us when it's largely a sideway step, given our progression and the teams they've left for, I question why would you leave to get less gametime and more rotation - surely you wanna be playing - although I appreciate rest time would be nice, something that is rare here but ultimately they're leaving to chase money and who am I to question that.

FWIW I can see him running his contract down - I seem to think he's got 2 years left? So there will be loyalty there but then he'll go. You could argue he'd be doing Spurs out of alot of money (Transfer fee) by doing that even if he has been 'loyal'. That's the one thing we do well (So far), we always get the money we want this is down to getting players to sign contracts, credit to them for doing so, I think we get the players to buy into that model though - everyone's a winner, apart from the team who's pants we have down.

Also, I don't see anyone paying the money Spurs would demand for Kane, whilst he's a great goalscorer (As much as I hate to admit it) I don't think he's not a great player, he doesn't do enough off the ball to help the team out - although he has added abit more of that to his game in the last year.

Edited by Matt

2 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Remember This is Mike Ashley, he’s just given a nearly 32 year old striker a 3 year contract because it’s cheaper then buying a new striker 

Not like he's on peanuts either, apparently he's on a decent wage. Utterly honking! 

As it stands if Newcastle lose today and Fulham win and end up in the bottom three, I can't see Newcastle actually coming out of the bottom three. I can imagine the toon fans have this horrible image of them going down and Sunderland celebrating promotion lol.