Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

18 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It is still in our hands though... 

Yes it is. I think the original post just stated that Liverpool can do it themselves.

Due to us playing Chelsea and tonights result, it actually means us, Chelsea and Liverpool can reach Top 4 without needing other results to help. We beat Chelsea, we have it. Chelsea win last 2, they have it. Liverpool win last 3, they have it (unless Chelsea win both and we catch up GD of Liverpool which could be anything from 3 to x goals).

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Chelsea have lost 2 and drew 2 of their last 6 home games. Their home form isn't far off being as bad as ours.

Chelsea will have a whole bunch of supporters in the stadium for our game.  I'm dreading that.

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

For all you lot getting really upset about Liverpool, just remember they threw away wins vs Leeds and Newcastle in the last few mins of those games, had they not it would be a lot lot worse. Its still in our hands either by drawing vs Chelsea and then beating Spurs or beating Chelsea and the Spurs game is irrelevant. 

Liverpool still have to win 3 more games with a dog shit defence and a goalkeeper determined to gift teams a at least 1 chance a game. They ought to still get to 69 points but it's not as fearsome as it could be.

Worry about this after Saturday anyway, nows not the time.

Don't forget the 6 point swing when we played them. They were 1-0 and in absolute control only to collapse. That would mean we would likely be 5th by Tuesday facing a potential must-win (an actual one) against Chelsea.

Just now, nnfox said:

Chelsea will have a whole bunch of supporters in the stadium for our game.  I'm dreading that.

Oh no not silent fans sat socially distanced. The atmosphere will be electric NOT. We will get a draw in this game. Probably 0-0 as it’ll secure top four for both of us. 
beat spurs at home and it’s signed sealed delivered im yours 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nnfox said:

I was pondering this I must admit. Will certainly have an impact. But perhaps could swing either way. 

2 minutes ago, SystonFox said:

Oh no not silent fans sat socially distanced. The atmosphere will be electric NOT. We will get a draw in this game. Probably 0-0 as it’ll secure top four for both of us. 
beat spurs at home and it’s signed sealed delivered im yours 

How will it secure it for both of us?

Just now, lcfceaves said:

I’m holding you and the positive brigade to this 😂

I genuinely believe chelsea will be in Portugal for our league fixture. They won’t want any issues come CL final. The game at the weekend will be tough no doubt, the league fixture is anyone’s.

game against Spurs at home? Step up Sir Jamie Vardy

Just now, FoxOnWheels said:

Realistically we need Liverpool to lose one of the last 3 or at minimum draw otherwise it leaves us a bit of a mountain to climb 

It makes things harder as you would expect, we are still in the driving seat though 

6 minutes ago, lcfceaves said:

Negative or realistic 😂 sorry but it’s in my nature. That way I shouldn’t feel as disappointed if I set my sights low 🤣

Face the wind, brace yourself, & Stand strong....

Just now, ARM1968 said:

I feel there will be more twists and turns yet. I can’t see Liverpool winning all 3.

Games coming thick and fast as well, it isn’t going to be easy for them like some on here believe. They think Liverpool already have 69 points, guess they haven’t been watching how this season has been going 

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Games coming thick and fast as well, it isn’t going to be easy for them like some on here believe. They think Liverpool already have 69 points, guess they haven’t been watching how this season has been going 

Just like West Ham beat Everton the other day.... wait

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree mate but at same time they will be so up for each game knowing they can salvage some self respect from their awful campaign

Guest bennytwohats

You guys love dealing with extremes. We are either completely ****ed or don’t have a thing to worry about.

Reality sits somewhere in the middle (as it usually does). We are still in a great position, and it’s in our hands, but more precarious than we’d like it to be.

I hope we’ve got enough to see it over the line. It’s never dull is it?!