Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

A now fairly likely scenario.....

Going into the last set of matches:

3. Chelsea 67pts  +23 GD (narrow win v. LCFC - after losing FAC)

4. Leicester 66pts +20 GD (narrow defeat at Chelsea - after winning FAC)

5. Liverpool 64pts +25 GD (2 points dropped at Burnley)

6. West Ham 64pts +13 GD (wins over Brighton & WBA)

.....West Ham tonk Southampton, Liverpool concede a last-minute Palace equaliser (Zaha break) after a defender slips over, LCFC sneak past Spurs (Kane OG 90+3mins), Chelsea lose to a Villa penalty (Grealish dive):

Leicester & West Ham in Champions' League. :thumbup:

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 1

Thoughts drift to Spurs’ position for the last fixture ......if they have a chance of Europe then they will be motivated (as per last season). If they don’t, then will they want to do Chelsea a favour by taking any points from us ???

remember that they really hate each other 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Realistically we need Liverpool to lose one of the last 3 or at minimum draw otherwise it leaves us a bit of a mountain to climb 

Realistically...We Need us, ...nosotros ,wir, Nous, Muid,  Noi....to win our 3 games...

Then no pressure..!!!

Its what we do...!!!

The Chelsea league game isn’t a must win. It’s a must not lose. If we’re drawing with 10/15 to go, we don’t need to push for a winner but they do. And that could open up opportunities on the counter.....just a shame we don’t have a fit Harvey Barnes to stretch them.

• Like 2

It's all still in Foxes' hands. Even if we lose at Chelsea, I still believe in the CL.

Because Chelsea don't win at Aston Grealish. Then 3 points against Spurs will be enough. That makes me very optimistic....

Just now, mucfox said:

It's all still in Foxes' hands. Even if we lose at Chelsea, I still believe in the CL.

Because Chelsea don't win at Aston Grealish. Then 3 points against Spurs will be enough. That makes me very optimistic....

Grealish is back which is good

8 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

A now fairly likely scenario.....

Going into the last set of matches:

3. Chelsea 67pts  +23 GD (narrow win v. LCFC - after losing FAC)

4. Leicester 66pts +20 GD (narrow defeat at Chelsea - after winning FAC)

5. Liverpool 64pts +25 GD (2 points dropped at Burnley)

6. West Ham 64pts +13 GD (wins over Brighton & WBA)

.....West Ham tonk Southampton, Liverpool concede a last-minute Palace equaliser (Zaha break) after a defender slips over, LCFC sneak past Spurs (Kane OG 90+3mins), Chelsea lose to a Villa penalty (Grealish dive):

Leicester & West Ham in Champions' League. :thumbup:

West Ham would really need to tonk Saints for that to play out. Did anyone say 9-0?

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Can we all just agree that this is absolutely horrendous.

Yes we are grateful that our team is this good but it’s a genuinely very stressful situation 🤣

It’s not horrendous, we can still leap frog Man United and win the FA cup. This is great.

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I agree, lose that then it is out of our hands 

Not necessarily. Before we play Chelsea, Allardyce/West Brom (who have drawn 2 out of their last 3) will be playing Liverpool at home and will want to give the fans some consolation. They could very well get something. If so, Liverpool will be heading into the game vs Burnley under immense pressure knowing anything other than 3 points (not easy vs Dyche enjoying home advantage at the end of the season) will see them finishing beneath us, before the Spurs game which, if we draw, will get us over the finish line to the Champion's League.

Channelling last nights fvckery:

Do you think the American owners of both clubs conspired to have Liverpool win that?

Just kidding of course :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Kendal Fox said:

Not necessarily. Before we play Chelsea, Allardyce/West Brom (who have drawn 2 out of their last 3) will be playing Liverpool at home and will want to give the fans some consolation. They could very well get something. If so, Liverpool will be heading into the game vs Burnley under immense pressure knowing anything other than 3 points (not easy vs Dyche enjoying home advantage at the end of the season) will see them finishing beneath us, before the Spurs game which, if we draw, will get us over the finish line to the Champion's League.

Yeah I think it will be harder than what some believe for Liverpool... it is hard to win 3 in a row against anyone, especially under the pressure 

9 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Yeah I think it will be harder than what some believe for Liverpool... it is hard to win 3 in a row against anyone, especially under the pressure 

Yes. And even if they do beat West Brom, it means we simply have to focus on ourselves with the objective of going to Chelsea and getting something from the game which is not impossible, especially given our away form.

Nothing is a given, but you have to believe the pressure is still greater on those beneath us.

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

Glass half full:

Let’s just beat Chelsea twice and relax for the last game of the season.

Glass half empty:

Finishing 5th on goal difference to Liverpool.  

Huge pressure on Chelsea to beat us on Tuesday. They will feel the nerves too. I still think we can beat them 

Just now, STUHILL said:

Huge pressure on Chelsea to beat us on Tuesday. They will feel the nerves too. I still think we can beat them 

I agree it’s massive games for all the clubs fighting for top 4. A season will be defined on a couple of key decisions in a couple of games.

• Like 1

Looks like Man Utd fans fears of playing Liverpool, their protests, postponement and attempts to cause more trouble were justified.

Absolutely bobbed it.

Utter shit **** bastards.

”Super Club”.

Edited by Matt
  • Like 1

Guest Bert Fill
10 hours ago, lcfceaves said:

You think we are beating Chelsea and Spurs? 

Well:

a) it’s certainly possible

b) we don’t need to beat them both; just beating Chelsea would do it.