Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Ergh why does it always come down to the final games, why is it never simple lol

I think Liverpool will get top 4, the last place is us vs chelsea.

Coz we messed up against Southampton and newcastle.  I can accept that this was our fault.  It's gone now.

We still have a possibility of beating Chelsea...

I worry about our ability to build a squad without cl football

Taking into consideration all of the injuries we have through the season, we have had a class season.

So proud of the lads they have given there all this season, we just need to finish the season strongly now and not fall away like last season.

We have two difficult games to finish the season off but I think we could get 4 points from the last two games - https://www.livefootballontv.com/

Hopefully an FA Cup win and a top 4 finish will do nicely 😍

• Like 2

I think a lot will depend on how the final goes. If we do win the cup then confidence will be sky high. If we lose then morale will be low and we're likely to struggles in the final 2 games.

Liverpool has clearly sorted out whatever was wrong amongst the players, As I thought they would stutter their way through the remaining games. 

Wherever, we finish it has been an amazing season of highs and lows, Yes we've lost a few we should have won, But we've won most of the big ones we would have lost in years gone by.

So we have a lot to be thankful for given the year it's been for everyone.

15 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think a lot will depend on how the final goes. If we do win the cup then confidence will be sky high. If we lose then morale will be low and we're likely to struggles in the final 2 games.

Liverpool has clearly sorted out whatever was wrong amongst the players, As I thought they would stutter their way through the remaining games. 

Wherever, we finish it has been an amazing season of highs and lows, Yes we've lost a few we should have won, But we've won most of the big ones we would have lost in years gone by.

Spot on mate, agree with you there.

Brendan has done an amazing job and worked wonders. With a little bit of investment in the summer we could definitely cement our top 4 position.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, maddisonenthusiast said:

Spot on mate, agree with you there.

Brendan has done an amazing job and worked wonders. With a little bit of investment in the summer we could definitely cement our top 4 position.

Yes, I'm really enthused by the players we're being linked with and if we're ever going to speculate in the Market it's this Summer.

2 hours ago, Buce said:

Have I missed something?

If we beat Chelsea, or draw with them and beat Spurs, then we qualify at their expense, regardless of what Liverpool do.

It’s beating Chelsea....... Chelsea’s position is arguably more perilous than ours, so Tuesday they will just go for it. Chelsea at full tilt going for it..... I just can’t see is coping. But football works in strange ways. 

All these takes are going to be real funny when Liverpool draws 2 of their final 3 games. I am not saying that will happen but is just as likely as them winning out. They are playing 4 games in ten days, 2 days rest before WBA, 2 days again before Burnley and 3 days before Palace. I would be surprised if they were able to win out. Put the % at about 30%.

In the reverse fixtures this year they took 4 points. Granted they did smash Palace.

Edited by Rsswmu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Good post. It’s easy to be so focused on us that you don’t realise what Liverpool have done to catch us. People are focused on 2 bad results but forget the hard thought victory’s along the way to get here. As Rodgers said, you always have off days, unfortunately ours came at a crucial time. 

I am not a complete pessimist but I must admit, I think this is done for us :(

I'm glad none of us are playing! It's not done until it's done. We're in an incredible position and have already taken6 points from the teams we have left.

If we are overhauled now then fair play to those around us but lets stay positive if we can as the team have given their all and are more than capable.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It’s beating Chelsea....... Chelsea’s position is arguably more perilous than ours, so Tuesday they will just go for it. Chelsea at full tilt going for it..... I just can’t see is coping. But football works in strange ways. 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

There's an awful lot of supposition and second-guessing there.

We have two Cup Finals in five days, and the first will undoubtedly have an effect on the second; the losers are as likely to be galvanised as they are to be demoralised, whoever that might be, so all predictions based on form are pretty meaningless. Tuesday's game is a must-win for Chelsea too (a draw is good enough for us) and that brings its own pressure. It will be a game for big characters with big cojones.

They're a good side, but they're not a great side, and I don't think we need to fear them. We've earned the right to be where we are: respect them, yes, but we bow to no one anymore.

Edited by Buce
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Coz we messed up against Southampton and newcastle.  I can accept that this was our fault.  It's gone now.

We still have a possibility of beating Chelsea...

I worry about our ability to build a squad without cl football

I think this is what we’re all worried about. If we get Champs Lge then we could attract players to build a better squad. If Chelsea or Liverpool don’t qualify they would still get the pick of most players ahead of us. Us getting champs league means so much more to us than them!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

There's an awful lot of supposition and second-guessing there.

We have two Cup Finals in five days, and the first will undoubtedly have an effect on the second; the losers are as likely to be galvanised as they are to be demoralised, whoever that might be, so all predictions based on form are pretty meaningless. Tuesday's game is a must-win for Chelsea too (a draw is good enough for us) and that brings its own pressure. It will be a game for big characters with big cajones.

They're a good side, but they're not a great side, and I don't think we need to fear them. We've earned the right to be where we are: respect them, yes, but we bow to no one anymore.

cojones = balls

cajones = (chest of) drawers

Well, you did say that a draw(er) was good enough.......but lots of balls in the Chelsea net would be even better. ;)

• Thanks 1

I think people are hyping Liverpool a bit too much after last night's win. Man U were atrocious and I think WBA would have won there. That back 2 of Liverpool will concede goals and I am still not seeing the Liverpool of last season. Every time they look like getting back to their old selves, they stumble again. It has been the story of their season, and they won't have such an easy game against a WBA and Burnley sides more than happy with a dour 0-0 draw. 

Still think we can do Chelsea 1-0 on Tuesday too. There is more pressure on them and they have more distractions left than we will do after this weekend. We are more than capable of doing an Arsenal on them! 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

You are right of course but that is a much bigger ask than we hoped/expected we would face going into the last 2 games. So what I was trying to do was (a) to recognise that it is Liverpool coming from seemingly nowhere that has created this now more precarious position for us; and (b) to demonstrate that we haven't done too much wrong even if we fail to make CL. Whatever the outcome, it will still be a good season for us, everything considered.

MUCH bigger. I mean many on here we’re thinking we wouldn’t pick up any points from our last 3 games. Now we need 7 to be sure. Got 3 so 4 more. Huge ask, but it’s doable, just about. 

Could someone point out when was the last time the underdogs going into a final were positioned higher in the league than the opposing team? lol

We're Leicester, and when we're on it, we can beat anybody.

Just bring it tomorrow - BRING IT!!!

Edited by Legend_in_blue
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blarmy said:

I’m relying on the wise words of my personal hero.

E09B830C-E211-4E5D-B14B-3BA755F94DD4.thumb.jpeg.30cb4c4cef203ee0026ab0500d7cdfa7.jpeg

Looks like a character from a fairytale, that. ****ing outrageous chin. How does that happen? It's like a separate species or something. 

25 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Scott Carson makes his Man City debut tonight. Last played in the Premier league 10 years ago.

Wonder if everyone will be shitting themselves over the integrity of the league about it. 

1 minute ago, foxile5 said:

Wonder if everyone will be shitting themselves over the integrity of the league about it. 

Trevor Sinclair argued Man City were allowed to rotate because they had quality back-ups.

we have lots of paths to the CL

1. Best Chelsea

2. draw to Chelsea and beat Spurs (or Chelsea not to win the last game)

3 lose to Chelsea, beat Spurs and Liverpool to draw one of their games.

4 lose to Chelsea, draw to Spurs and Liverpool to lose one of their games

5 Lose both and Liverpool to slip up twice,

We are in a very good position, it could be better but I don’t see how Liverpool are favourites for CL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1