Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Ole's limitations are obvious when it matters. 

Avoid defeat on Tuesday at least to leave it in our own hands on the final day. Will be massive pressure against Spurs though. Chelsea have to win so hopefully that helps us get any joy against there defence. 

If we want to compete at the top then these our the games we need to show it. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I mean Liverpool will draw 1 of the 3, they have to win all... plus Chelsea have villa last game. 

If we win 1 and pool all 3 they will go above us on gd no doubt. Lose to chel we r relying on both chel and pool to lose last games. Feel uneasy 😭

Edited by LukeyZade

Guest Bert Fill
Just now, Solihullfox said:

The reality is that even a win from the last two games might now not be enough.

The complete irony of this season, with what has gone on with the Super League, is that the top 4 of the Big 6 could well end up with ...... Champions of the Premier League, one of two as Champions League Winners, FA Cup winners, Caraboa Cup winners and places one to four in the Premier League.

sorry, just pissed off with how it COULD turn out

Unless the win is against Chelsea, in which case it would be enough.

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

This is definitely a cup half empty type of forum.

Can't really blame people given what we witnessed last season. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Fox forever said:

A win at Chelsea will guarantee it

Yep but it's a big ask to win at Chelsea. They haven't lost many under Tuchel and I'd imagine they'll play a stronger side than the one that played Arsenal. Would be amazing though if we beat them in the cup and then in the league. Tough week ahead for us! 

1 minute ago, LukeyZade said:

If we win 1 and pool all 3 they will go above us on gd no doubt. Lose to chel we r relying on both chel and pool to lose last games. Feel uneasy 😭

Liverpool draw one game they can only get 67 points... I think that is likely. 

Don't see how throwing the cup would benefit us getting top 4? If we played a weakened side (which we never would) there is no guarantee our full side would win at Chelsea anyway. Imagine the likes of Vardy and Tielemans being told they ain't playing in the final because they are being saved for the league game. Would be carnage! 

Edited by jayfox26

6 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

What am I missing...how? They’ve got a game in hand and would still be 3 points behind us. It’s in our hands...

If Liverpool win all 3 games then they are guaranteed a CL spot. The only question is who joins them. Us or Chelsea. Liverpool would have 69 points, us and Chelsea cannot both finish above them unless there is a massive swing in goals for us. Like a 5 or 6-0 vs Spurs

Nobody would have thought a rampant Spurs would have drawn with on the beach West Brom in 15/16. It will be very difficult for Liverpool to win 5 in a row. 

What is wrong with some of you! Sack off the cup and we have blown it? Jesus! We are in a cup final and the pressure is on Chelsea more than us I would say and Liverpool. This team have been in the top 4 all season and are more than capable of beating Chelsea who are going into this on the back of a defeat. Let's be positive and get behind them they have achieved so much already!

• Like 2

Just now, KrefelderFox666 said:

If Liverpool win all 3 games then they are guaranteed a CL spot. The only question is who joins them. Us or Chelsea. Liverpool would have 69 points, us and Chelsea cannot both finish above them unless there is a massive swing in goals for us. Like a 5 or 6-0 vs Spurs

It is still in our hands though... 

• Like 1

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Liverpool draw one game they can only get 67 points... I think that is likely. 

Will surely have a better goal difference than us though, so we need more than a point from final 2 now. I just know it will come down to needing to beat Spurs on the last day, and I won't be able to cope with that 

4 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

This is definitely a cup half empty type of forum.

Of course it is, we have fans on here who do minute by minute commentary on games of our rivals with about 8 months of the season to go and are genuinely heartbroken when our rivals dare win any game.

• Like 2