Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

A primary reason I like cable TV and dislike streaming -- I missed the goal and can't rewind to see it.  (Peacock streaming is the carrier for today's match)

First World Problems

Edit: Technically it is cable + DVR that allows the rewinding.

Edited by lnkstern

2 hours ago, Blarmy said:

I’m relying on the wise words of my personal hero.

E09B830C-E211-4E5D-B14B-3BA755F94DD4.thumb.jpeg.30cb4c4cef203ee0026ab0500d7cdfa7.jpeg

Uninteresting fact. Years ago, I copped off with his granddaughter (or great niece, I forget) at mosquito coast. .

And no, she didn't have a big chin before you ask. Helluva rack tho.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, SuperMike said:

Was defo a pen!

They said the striker slipped over onto Ake’s foot but guess it’s one of those subjective calls.

”Jermaine Jenas

Ex-Newcastle midfielder on BBC Radio 5 Live

I could dig up 10-15 of these from the season where it is not a penalty. I personally think officials have a criteria they are working to around contact. 

There is no concept of actually he planted his foot on top of Ake, so no. We've seen terrible ones all year.”

Edited by Super_horns

1 hour ago, Finn Claw II said:

we have lots of paths to the CL

1. Best Chelsea

2. draw to Chelsea and beat Spurs (or Chelsea not to win the last game)

3 lose to Chelsea, beat Spurs and Liverpool to draw one of their games.

4 lose to Chelsea, draw to Spurs and Liverpool to lose one of their games

5 Lose both and Liverpool to slip up twice,

We are in a very good position, it could be better but I don’t see how Liverpool are favourites for CL

Lose to Chelsea, Liverpool to win all their games, beat Spurs and Chelsea lose to Villa ...

So before the penalty VAR took ages drawing lines to check ASM was onside when he was quite a way onside, yet that 4th City goal, Torres was pretty much level, seemingly no check.