Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

The overreaction is immense we need any combination of 4 points from 5 games between us  and Liverpool. Need a combo of 5  points in 4 games with us and Chelsea. Not all doom and gloom. Add to that Liverpool will have to win the next 3 games in 9 days they are going to be dead by the end of this run. Not many people are taking that part into context.

• Like 2

Just now, STUHILL said:

Will surely have a better goal difference than us though, so we need more than a point from final 2 now. I just know it will come down to needing to beat Spurs on the last day, and I won't be able to cope with that 

I’m not saying we don’t... just it Liverpool draw we only need 2 points..  or one win 

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I reckon Burnley and their direct style will cos Liverpool problems. Particularly Wood v their two CBs 

Burnley's defence is better than Man U's. Come on Woody! 

4 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Will surely have a better goal difference than us though, so we need more than a point from final 2 now. I just know it will come down to needing to beat Spurs on the last day, and I won't be able to cope with that 

You and everyone on here. 

The original postponement worked in Liverpool's favour really, Man United may have made changes but those players have played or been involved in a lot of games recently. Liverpool had two weeks off and Man United played twice since Liverpool did. They looked fresher plus had more motivation.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

What am I missing...how? They’ve got a game in hand and would still be 3 points behind us. It’s in our hands...

Agreed. Before the game was postponed and it looked like they were going to play later on that Sunday, I had a feeling Liverpool might win, partly because I thought the anti-Glazer protesting would backfire on the fans, but also because of the historical Merseyside/Manchester rivalry. Even an out of form Liverpool can beat United, due to the psychological aspect, especially given the added pressure on United by those protests. To me, you could see that was a recipe for disaster, just no clear thinking by that particular bunch of zealots.

Liverpool could win all remaining games but based on their form, I still doubt that. Burnley always produce late results to solidify their premier league status, even when they are safe and West Brom will want to give it their all and can play with freedom.

We just need to focus on getting as much from the game at Stamford Bridge as we can, regardless of the result in the FA Cup. And vs Spurs, who we beat away, with fans at the King Power, the atmosphere will be incredibly strong. You have to believe Brendan Rodgers will be drumming into the lads how important this is and the fact is, as things stand it's still very much in our hands as it's the last game of the season at home. Put it this way, it could be the opposite of that which would take it out of our hands but it's not.

Edited by Kendal Fox
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Rsswmu said:

The overreaction is immense we need any combination of 4 points from 5 games between us  and Liverpool. Need a combo of 5  points in 4 games with us and Chelsea. Not all doom and gloom. Add to that Liverpool will have to win the next 3 games in 9 days they are going to be dead by the end of this run. Not many people are taking that part into context.

The only Thing we need.....

Is a nice cup of tea....with a Jota whiskey...!!

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Chelsea are in good form and Spurs aren't. Nothing is ever certain in the Premier league however. We could win both. We could lose both. Who knows? 

I know.....!!

But I wont tell ya.....

Just now, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure if if was already the case but a European tour is guaranteed :scarf: amazing that this isn't huge news anymore lol 

Whatever happens in the next 10 days or whatever is. "We're all going on a European tour" lol:scarf:

:banana:....:appl:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Not sure if if was already the case but a European tour is guaranteed :scarf: amazing that this isn't huge news anymore lol 

Whatever happens in the next 10 days or whatever is. "We're all going on a European tour" lol:scarf:

That’s it, positivity! Great season.

OGS and Man United have absolutely conned their way in to second place in this division by the way. I would be absolutely stunned, dumbfounded, amazed if they’re anywhere near the top 3 places next season. 

• Like 2

Option 1 -- We could be sat in 12th place, nothing to play for the last two games.

Option 2 -- We could be in third place, with Champions League football to play for!

I choose option 2, every time.

If stress is overwhelming you, take a mental break.

I support Leicester, but results either way won't overwhelm me.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Chelsea are in good form and Spurs aren't. Nothing is ever certain in the Premier league however. We could win both. We could lose both. Who knows? 

Chelsea have lost 2 and drew 2 of their last 6 home games. Their home form isn't far off being as bad as ours.

• Like 3