Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

7 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I don't understand how there wasn't bigger uproar on that penalty. The whistle had gone 

The whistle went after the incident, I just thought the player was too close to get his hand out of the way. Utd were very lucky 

Actually I’ve stated the obvious of course the final whistle went after the incident 😂 

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

5 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I was out, so I missed it. Sounds like they were very fortunate to do so. 

It's worth watching the highlights on MOTD. They give a pretty accurate reflection - except they had to show UTD goals so it is if anything spending more time on them than they deserve.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Wasn’t there a game last season in a foreign league where the teams were actually in at HT and the ref brought them back out for a penalty? 

In Germany.

I think it was handball this time in the Brighton game but again creates controversy.

Just think if that happens in May in a vital match.

Edited by Super_horns
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Corky said:

Mostly against Burnley.

Every single year at the Walkers stadium, Leicester 0 Burnley 1. The games were the same every year. We'd start off 'strong' aka having most of the ball, create a couple of half chances, they'd take the handbrake off about half an hour in take control and score just before half time. Then we'd spend all the 2nd half huffing and puffing against a comfortable defence and not getting remotely near scoring, in fact they usually missed a golden chance to get a second round about the 85th minute. ****ing dark times.

Edited by Arriba Los Zorros

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Not a big fan of Hodgson but he's got a point..

Roy Hodgson says the "nonsense" handball law that led to a penalty against Joel Ward in Crystal Palace's 2-1 defeat by Everton is "ruining the game".

"It's completely unacceptable. It's destroying my enjoyment of the game of football," said Hodgson.

"I can't understand how everyone in the game - the Premier League, referees, managers and coaches - have allowed this rule to come into operation.

"I don't want to profit from it or lose from it."

Hodgson also believes the decision to penalise Ward sets a dangerous precedent for the future of the game.

"I predict what will happen is players will start flicking the ball onto a hand and screaming 'handball'," added the 73-year-old.

"I do not believe in the rule. People in football find it hard to accept. The referee doesn't think it is handball either. He doesn't want to give it but has to, because that's what he is told to do."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54311532

I agree with him, but it is a shame he didn't come out and say this a week ago.

15 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with him, but it is a shame he didn't come out and say this a week ago.

I thought he did say something about it last week, something about wanting a simple version of handball and that he had been outvoted 

6 hours ago, Paddy. said:

Weird that Chelsea and United have both been saved by highly contentious VAR decisions deep into added-on time in games they deserved to lose ON THE SAME DAY. It is really is a strange coincidence.

Yup fixed shit!

6 hours ago, Milo said:

Can't wait for 90+8 minutes tomorrow afternoon... :unsure:

And for sweet prince to score the winner.....lol god i hqope qe smash those bastards!

2 hours ago, trabuch said:

The arms are part of our balance and movement. What we'll end up with is players with their arms strapped to their sides. It's ****ing pathetic.

To be honest, at about  89th minute all of our defenders should have arms strapped...but even then they would say that  our defenders were leaning into the ball in an unnatural way and therefore the ball struck the tricep and is in fact handball (even though his arms are tied against his body).

Edited by Jattdogg

With the handballs, they have tried to make it fairer because last year every goal was disallowed if it hit your hand but defenders were sometimes getting away with it. But rather than use common sense they've given the other way and punished every single hand ball.

There is going to be lots of goals this year and everyone will be excited, but how many will be from nonsense penalties. With no crowd to put pressure on as well, imagine the stick the ref would've got yesterday.

FB_IMG_1601191173793.thumb.jpg.16da2de801846d6b0aebe723a2f86082.jpg

Desperate for Man Utd to have one of those games where they keep hitting the woodwork and lose, so this twats comments come and bite him in the arse. Just admit they could have scored about 7 and you've got away with one.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1601191173793.thumb.jpg.16da2de801846d6b0aebe723a2f86082.jpg

Desperate for Man Utd to have one of those games where they keep hitting the woodwork and lose, so this twats comments come and bite him in the arse. Just admit they could have scored about 7 and you've got away with one.

If anything such comments prove they are not going to improve