Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, Guest said:

Surely if you were a young kid growing up watching this Burnley team it would absolutely kill any enthusiasm you had for the sport

Im a grown man and it kills my enthusiasm for the sport. As well as the utterly dogshit officiating 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, nwl fox said:

What's happened to the confused emoji??? Not sure what you're on about here Shen, I'd find it a bit weird if he kept referring to his own club as they rather than we... 

He should refer to 'his' club as 'the club' or 'the owners' when it's about decision-making, obviously. He (i.e. the fans) have had no say in the Mendes affairs, surely.

3 minutes ago, Guest said:

Surely if you were a young kid growing up watching this Burnley team it would absolutely kill any enthusiasm you had for the sport

I’m sure they must lose a lot of fans to the Liverpool and Manchester clubs when they are playing this style. If you were young and picking a team you wouldn’t pick Burnley you’d go half an hour up the road and actually get some excitement 

Just now, peach0000 said:

I’m sure they must lose a lot of fans to the Liverpool and Manchester clubs when they are playing this style. If you were young and picking a team you wouldn’t pick Burnley you’d go half an hour up the road and actually get some excitement 

When I was a kid I could have supported the double European champions, half an hour up the road. Being a fan means supporting through thick and thin. 

55 minutes ago, Koke said:

He's a one dimensional player who plays in a rigid 4-4-2 under Brexit Sean. I dont rate him to begin with but he will never develop under Dyche. All he does is put deep crosses onto Chris Wood's square head whilst Harvey Barnes is being taught how to play intricate two touch football and makes intelligent off the ball movements. 

He's toilet. 

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Bizarre response. 

No fan has ever said "we" when recurring to their club... :blink:

Fair, it's probably a bit persnickety. Football clubs are a kind of like congregations, so as a group we tend to refer to the club as 'us'. However, I feel that particularly in these modern times, especially during this empty stadium phase, where clubs are owned by billionaires, it puts this into stark contrast. It's not 'we' - we fans are just having the priviledge of watching the toys of rich people prancing around on a football field - we don't have much to say about the running of the club.
The earlier post about how Wolves fans risk being blindsided about the dealings and dubious connection to Mendes due to the club's on-field success, is pretty valid in my opinion.

13 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I spent my teens watching us lose 1-0 every week with the likes of Elvis Hammond supplying Mark De Vries. I'm sure young Burnley fans will be fine.

This is the reason that I still enjoy our premier league adventure, even if things don’t go how I hope they will. What we are doing now as a whole is still light years away from what other clubs could dream of.

14 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I spent my teens watching us lose 1-0 every week with the likes of Elvis Hammond supplying Mark De Vries. I'm sure young Burnley fans will be fine.

I spent my teens supporting Woking, surrounded by Chelsea, Manure, Liverpool and Spurs fans.  I saw the light when I went to DMU in 95-99.  

• Like 2

Not a big fan of Hodgson but he's got a point..

Roy Hodgson says the "nonsense" handball law that led to a penalty against Joel Ward in Crystal Palace's 2-1 defeat by Everton is "ruining the game".

"It's completely unacceptable. It's destroying my enjoyment of the game of football," said Hodgson.

"I can't understand how everyone in the game - the Premier League, referees, managers and coaches - have allowed this rule to come into operation.

"I don't want to profit from it or lose from it."

Hodgson also believes the decision to penalise Ward sets a dangerous precedent for the future of the game.

"I predict what will happen is players will start flicking the ball onto a hand and screaming 'handball'," added the 73-year-old.

"I do not believe in the rule. People in football find it hard to accept. The referee doesn't think it is handball either. He doesn't want to give it but has to, because that's what he is told to do."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54311532

• Like 4

Burnley have done well playing crap football and finding an effective, if boring style of play.

They are an established premier league team because of it.

Dyche would have to have a top notch scouting network and coaches matched by facilities and finances not to mention being able to attract good players to an unfashionable club if he were to achieve much more with them.

Edited by Royston.
  • Like 1