Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1601191173793.thumb.jpg.16da2de801846d6b0aebe723a2f86082.jpg

Desperate for Man Utd to have one of those games where they keep hitting the woodwork and lose, so this twats comments come and bite him in the arse. Just admit they could have scored about 7 and you've got away with one.

It would be very scary as a Man U fan to hear comments like that. Have standards dropped so low a key player like Bruno is trying to justify that performance ? United players of old would’ve been livid. 

31 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

FB_IMG_1601191173793.thumb.jpg.16da2de801846d6b0aebe723a2f86082.jpg

Desperate for Man Utd to have one of those games where they keep hitting the woodwork and lose, so this twats comments come and bite him in the arse. Just admit they could have scored about 7 and you've got away with one.

That says everything about the arrogance and lack of class of Man U. Just admit you got lucky and need to improve. 

11 hours ago, Izzy said:

Not a big fan of Hodgson but he's got a point..

Roy Hodgson says the "nonsense" handball law that led to a penalty against Joel Ward in Crystal Palace's 2-1 defeat by Everton is "ruining the game".

"It's completely unacceptable. It's destroying my enjoyment of the game of football," said Hodgson.

"I can't understand how everyone in the game - the Premier League, referees, managers and coaches - have allowed this rule to come into operation.

"I don't want to profit from it or lose from it."

Hodgson also believes the decision to penalise Ward sets a dangerous precedent for the future of the game.

"I predict what will happen is players will start flicking the ball onto a hand and screaming 'handball'," added the 73-year-old.

"I do not believe in the rule. People in football find it hard to accept. The referee doesn't think it is handball either. He doesn't want to give it but has to, because that's what he is told to do."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54311532

Agree, he's got a very valid point.

But reckon the aspect he mentioned in bold will get him in trouble, though..

Edited by Wymsey

1 minute ago, Thefox81 said:

FB_IMG_1601191173793.thumb.jpg.16da2de801846d6b0aebe723a2f86082.jpg.833fe4abf0b66e45793f18747cf46d83.jpg🔔end.

Spot on and his manager too, some of the comments to come from those two really are disrespectful of other teams and players. 
To quote a legend “I would love it if we beat them, love it!”

Edited by Aus Fox

I think the Brighton Man Utd result is one of the most unjust I've ever seen. Won't be surprised to see Man Utd struggle this season. They're still trying to blow ~£100m on Sancho when they should be focussed on their shoddy defence. I wouldn't want any of their defenders or DMs at Leicester. Never thought I'd ever see the day.

We let them get away with it last year, but their luck will run out at some point.

I reckon if Vardy had said such a thing about Tottenham then this place would be creaming itself. It's just that this places irrational obsession with everything Tottenham do has turned into an obsession with Man Utd.

Besides, in the days of the sterile media-trained footballer, it's good to see someone not trot out the same bollocks.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, peach0000 said:

Can't disagree with that at all. Handball is always going to be subjective. Was no need to start fiddling with the laws.

Absolutely agree.  These rule changes were brought in to clarify the accidental handball situations but have served only to successively muddy it until it has become totally non-sensible.

12 hours ago, shen said:

He should refer to 'his' club as 'the club' or 'the owners' when it's about decision-making, obviously. He (i.e. the fans) have had no say in the Mendes affairs, surely.

Think you're in the minority here mate. Also, just to be clear then are you suggesting then that it's OK to say we when it's not decision making situations, eg we were brilliant today, because again as fan, we've actually played no part in the performance, so what's the difference?? 

Edited by nwl fox
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I agree with him, but it is a shame he didn't come out and say this a week ago.

gues who is behind this you guessed it   david  ex school master ellery 

what a surprise he and others are behind the cock up off the new laws

fifa and ifab are run by muppets.

Edited by twister

13 hours ago, st albans fox said:

That’s what’s commonly known as a massive COCK UP !

lino shouldn’t flag and ref shouldn’t blow up 

once ref has blown his whistle there can’t be a var check ....

Same thing happened to us against Bournemouth last season. Jota scored a perfectly good goal, but the lino flagged and the ref blew his whistle for some reason. So it wasn't possible for it still to be allowed. Even though he blew as the ball hit the back of the net. 

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Take a guess at that,  seeing who he is and who he plays for 

Your not wrong just surprised the holier than now brigade on the likes of SKY  and MOTD were not all over this most fans would hope the authorities would crack down on this type of cheating

8 minutes ago, katieakita said:

Your not wrong just surprised the holier than now brigade on the likes of SKY  and MOTD were not all over this most fans would hope the authorities would crack down on this type of cheating

The comms on the CL and EL were ridiculous, calling out diving in foreign teams, but never our own.

17 hours ago, Moomin said:

They should be, given the way they are playing at the moment. But, if we learned anything in the title season and last year, it is that success is about finding a way to win when you're not playing great, and coping with injuries/suspensions to first team players.

2 minutes ago, Fktf said:

They should be, given the way they are playing at the moment. But, if we learned anything in the title season and last year, it is that success is about finding a way to win when you're not playing great, and coping with injuries/suspensions to first team players.

I'm not sure that they are actually playing as good as people are making out. They were quite fortunate against palace and struggled to defend against WBA, I think they are getting ahead of themselves a bit. 

41 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Fletcher thinks Sheff Utd signed Burke from Forest, state of some of these pundits/commentators.

I get less and less shocked. I know they're only human, but the amount of time to prep and the notes they can make or be given really doesn't excuse it for me. Modern commentators seem significantly worse than some of the older ones.

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 2