Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 minute ago, jammie82uk said:

Apparently because the West Brom player made a “clearance” it’s a new phase so the handball wasn’t in the immediate buildup to the goal 

So the attacking team can handle the ball in a penalty area scramble but if it doesn't lead directly to a goal it's not hand ball? I'm confused

6 minutes ago, Milo said:

Can't wait for 90+8 minutes tomorrow afternoon... :unsure:

As I said earlier today some would same not me, that the league is as bent as a two pound note

some would say and not me, that they will protect the big four or five at all costs

and some would say other fans would be delighted when these teams **** off and join their own super league

1 minute ago, davieG said:

So the attacking team can handle the ball in a penalty area scramble but if it doesn't lead directly to a goal it's not hand ball? I'm confused

It is handball but VAR only looks at one phase of play before the goal. When a defender has a chance to clear the ball that changes the phase of play. Therefore the alleged handball didn't occur in the same phase of play so VAR can't look at it.

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It is handball but VAR only looks at one phase of play before the goal. When a defender has a chance to clear the ball that changes the phase of play. Therefore the alleged handball didn't occur in the same phase of play so VAR can't look at it.

laughable change to the law

it defies common sense. IFAB are a bunch of clueless muppets.

27 minutes ago, davieG said:

I with you mate, I don’t get it either, I understand the rules but I don’t get how we can be in a even worse position then last year 

26 minutes ago, davieG said:

22 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

It isn’t actually handball - if it was handball then a free kick would be awarded .....

24 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Dwight McNeil is ****ing toilet 

He's a one dimensional player who plays in a rigid 4-4-2 under Brexit Sean. I dont rate him to begin with but he will never develop under Dyche. All he does is put deep crosses onto Chris Wood's square head whilst Harvey Barnes is being taught how to play intricate two touch football and makes intelligent off the ball movements. 

1 minute ago, FerrisBueller said:

You can say what you like about the team he plays in etc, but Dwight McNeil would have been a seriously underwhelming signing, especially at the price he was touted at. Dead average.

Thought he was bang average against us too. Not a bad player by any stretch, but wouldn’t have added anything extra to us either on reflection. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1