Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

It's the same as when a keeper takes players out. It's just ignored as part of the game, plenty of players attack the ball like that and nothing will happen. 

Luiz has to realise he isn't going to make the ball and stop himself. What can you do as a rule though? Say players aren't allowed to give themselves a running jump? Zonal marking hasn't helped Jimenez either. 

I don't like giving reds based on the injury, but when we see what reds are given for these days it's a bit ridiculous that you can take a player out late with your head.

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

A strange question, but does anyone who was watching from the start know if there was a throw in between the start of the match and the injury please?

What sort of a bet has got you asking this lollol 

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Luiz sat there dazed and bleeding from a head injury.

I can't believe they let him play on. 

As much as he might feel OK just after the incident,  he or his team's physio shouldn't be the ones to call it.  

If you do that, one day there will be a tragedy on the pitch.

Shocking that's he able to carry. Where's the duty of care to the player? 

• Like 4

Great goal from Podence but I'm still fuming about Luiz being on the pitch. You're entitled to jump in for headers yes, but at that speed when he's nowhere near favourite to win the ball, with Jimenez with his back to him, he's reckless, out of control and endangering an opponent. This isn't just a head injury, it's potentially career and life threatening. He could have untold damage to his skull and brain. If the FA don't retrospectively ban him I'll be furious, regardless of whether Jimenez is OK or not. 

If it was Vardy currently off in hospital you'd be fuming just the same. 

Edited by The Bear

People can go in with malice with their feet and know they could do damage to another player and be relatively ok themselves. Not sure the same can be said of people leading with their own head.

It’s an accidental collision (as happens in contact sport), he’s got his own head bleeding and bandaged up, I don’t think he can be lambasted or banned for some malicious intent.

Best wishes for Jimenez but Luiz doesn’t deserve any punishment or hate for that.

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

That is modern culture to be fair

Well, I can only speak for myself, but if Vardy was involved in an accident like that, I'd be concerned for his well-being and little else. As I am for Jiminez. Accidents do happen sometimes, but I'm sure you don't need me to point that out.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Ceballos down as if he's been elbowed ffs, nothing more that a knock there. 

should be embarrassed going down like that after what happened earlier 

Edited by AllGoneTitsSchlupp
should be embarrassed to go down like that regardless of what happened earlier

Just now, The Bear said:

We were talking about being concerned for one of your players. Protecting your own is human nature. 

Protecting is right, finding someone to blame for an accident isn't necessarily part of that.

Anyway, I understand your passion, so perhaps I should stop there.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I actually agree with the Wolves fan. It’s accidental but it’s ridiculously reckless the way he powered into that and it should be a Red.

Son was reckless but accidental when he injured Gomez but still deserved a red card.

The way the worlds gone is mad , where Pepe pushes his head into the Leeds lad and he goes down like he’s been shot, there’s outrage of a stone old red , yet serious incidents that could(I really pray not) end careers are not punished are just ridiculous.

Pray for Raul 🤞🙏🙏🤞

Son's red for that was rescinded.

36 minutes ago, The Bear said:

****ing reckless **** Luiz. He should have been sent off with VAR. If you can be reckless in a challenge then diving head first at full speed into another players head should be just as reckless. 

I don't know if you're joking or not.