Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Just now, Finnegan said:

Not really sure why people are trying to flex some sort of moral superiority at @The Bear tbh.

If our best player got absolutely flattened by that sort or challenge this place would be going ****ing ballistic. 

I don't doubt there's one or two more level headed folk that would accept it was an accident and just a footballing incident but there'd also be those implying Luiz is a violent thug who should be banned for life and arrested for GBH. 

Why are we trying to shame someone for being emotional in the heat of the moment when something has happened to his team. Isn't that emotion supposed to be exactly why we romanticise football? 

If you're the sort of robot that could see something that severe happen to your team and be totally, completely rational about it then I dare say you're in the minority. 

That's not being 'emotional' Finners, that's an excuse for anger. I'm no robot either. So please, spare me that dehumanising epithet, and perhaps read what I last said to The Bear.

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That's not being 'emotional' Finners, that's an excuse for anger. I'm no robot either. So please, spare me that dehumanising epithet, and perhaps read what I last said to The Bear.

It's a predictable response. Maybe not quite the Liverpool fans VVD level of foaming at the mouth, but in the same ballpark. 

8 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

People can go in with malice with their feet and know they could do damage to another player and be relatively ok themselves. Not sure the same can be said of people leading with their own head.

It’s an accidental collision (as happens in contact sport), he’s got his own head bleeding and bandaged up, I don’t think he can be lambasted or banned for some malicious intent.

Best wishes for Jimenez but Luiz doesn’t deserve any punishment or hate for that.

Exactly. All this talk about how dangerous it was for Jiminez, then surely Luiz was in the same danger.

I mean you could argue Jiminez knows players will be running in attacking the ball, and he's not been aware and put himself in danger. I mean he's backing towards the ball, no chance of getting it, no idea who's behind him. 

But of course that's a ridiculous angle to take as all it is is two players making a honest attempt to head the ball and unfortunately meeting in the same point at the same time. We see it ever week and its fine, we see it end it a bullet header into the net and we praise the goal and the bravery, suddenly when it results in this once in a blue moon its dangerous and reckless.

• Like 1

Applying this nonsense about endangering an opponent, Luiz should have got a red no doubt. If you go in high and late with your studs you’re off so I have sympathy for the view that he was never getting there and so it was very reckless of Luiz to go in like that.

But it’s one of them that’s just a really unfortunate accident and very bad luck. Wouldn’t be gunning for Luiz because could happen to anyone at anytime, it’s one of them things

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/edinson-cavani-receives-backlash-fans-23088572

In other news, Cavani has been an idiot here. With the stance the FA has taken this year, won't be shocked if he gets a ban and a fine

What’s he done?

can’t be clicking on a Mirror link and giving them clicks, or taking seriously anything they say.

• Like 1

If this happened at the centre circle, with Luiz running from a distance and clattering into Jimenez, people might see it differently. I don't think it should be a red, but I do think it could be classed as reckless. Was a free kick given? I've only seen the incident afterwards, wasn't watching live.

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

What’s he done?

can’t be clicking on a Mirror link and giving them clicks, or taking seriously anything they say.

He said "Gracias negrito" which refers to a "member of a black people of short stature native to the Austronesian region." 

Edited by UniFox21

Sky v BT Sports

I have no preference for either but comparing the time given to that HT analysis by Sky to what time was offered by BT in our game against Braga is like comparing the proverbial chalk and cheese.

Sky - forget the fact you’re probably paying a fortune for your analysists ..... just show us some more fkn adverts

1 minute ago, zorro en españa said:

Sky v BT Sports

I have no preference for either but comparing the time given to that HT analysis by Sky to what time was offered by BT in our game against Braga is like comparing the proverbial chalk and cheese.

Sky - forget the fact you’re probably paying a fortune for your analysists ..... just show us some more fkn adverts

Arguably you should compare Sky vs BT big teams vs BT smaller teams. 

The analysis Joe Cole gives it streets behind what the likes of Sidwell/Simmo made in that game.