Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

1 hour ago, OntarioFox said:

Good set of results for us today, really. Always puts a sour taste watching Man Utd. worm their way to victory but whatever, it does at least put a smidge of daylight between us and a very good Southampton outfit in the top 4 race.

Win against Fulham and Sheff Utd. and we could feasibly be top again by the end of next week with Whingerpool set to play Wolves. Gotta do the business now.

i find it astonishing that people think Southampton are a bigger threat to the top four than Man Utd.

• Like 1

I just love it so much. My mrs keeps asking what I want for Christmas this year. I’ll have a Coronavirus vaccine with AFTV fan tears injected into my veins please! Couldn’t happen to a nicer club :beer:

Arsenal’s home invincibility is crumbling recently:

First it was our first win there since 1973.

Now this: 

1ACA236D-7CA7-42AA-828E-60C0EC0DCB35.jpegWhat has happened to Arsenal?

Edited by Phube

Not so much of a stat that though. Wolves were relegated in 84 and didn’t come back into the top flight by 2003. They had two spells of two seasons in PL. Before recently coming up. 

Just checked 12 games including Cups. Ours broke a 27 game winless streak! 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I said last season and I'll say it again...Why These so called  top 6, are ponced by Media & pundits ( and rightly so)

They have a Great & traditional History of turning any poor season start, around....

Plus Naivety & bog Standard 'Shout out' envy, crying & Stamping feet about Top 6 devious media conspiracies, just makes the "other" fans put as sour-grape outside commentators of immature non relevance....

Some Football fan comments today, just rebound as Coronation-street-soap Opera twaddle..

Maybe I am old fashioned, but IMO gagging over chosen Media Top 6 darlings & the accompanying punditry bias is becoming boring.

I prefer the pre-title years...Where The Leicesters/ Southamptons/ WBAs. Just went on their humble attitude Way 

and quietly celebrated &  enjoyed their  hard won & earned Triumph against

the more consistent,Financially strong, strength in alround depth...

Respect your peers,respect more your competitors, then the raw juice of realisation & achievement

gives One the self esteem knowledge it was earnt,and not

grovelling acceptance that the Media Darlings just had bad Days at the office & VAR was switched off...etc etc.

We are having or going through One of our better periods in our history. We have Great Technical Information or banter exchange platforms & most unfortunately

too often Championed First by, whimpy moaning,Blame-everybody else,whining, ill tide,negative 30+ Yrs teenagers..

We have become too smarmy& cynical.....

& I was the First Rebel with a Thousand causes...

If all These other Teams ,managers,oppo-players, are so crap, & Full of shit, then by default any  wins , & Great successes, we achieve, amount to zero..

Sorry just had myself a crap day in my cellar,..!! so Felt like a minny rage.!!!

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Sunbury Fox said:

This is totally it for me. Arsenal fans can't see it but they have bang average players on the whole. Don't think one of their current team gets in our best XI.

I think Arsenal fans do see it, it just infuriates them.

That said that was the case last season and they still somehow managed to have a better season than us come the end of it.

3 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

I said last season and I'll say it again...Why These so called  top 6, are ponced by Media & pundits ( and rightly so)

They have a Great & traditional History of turning any poor season start, around....

Plus Naivety & bog Standard 'Shout out' envy, crying & Stamping feet about Top 6 devious media conspiracies, just makes the "other" fans put as sour-grape outside commentators of immature non relevance....

Some Football fan comments today, just rebound as Coronation-street-soap Opera twaddle..

Maybe I am old fashioned, but IMO gagging over chosen Media Top 6 darlings & the accompanying punditry bias is becoming boring.

I prefer the pre-title years...Where The Leicesters/ Southamptons/ WBAs. Just went on their humble attitude Way 

and quietly celebrated &  enjoyed their  hard won & earned Triumph against

the more consistent,Financially strong, strength in alround depth...

Respect your peers,respect more your competitors, then the raw juice of realisation & achievement

gives One the self esteem knowledge it was earnt,and not

grovelling acceptance that the Media Darlings just had bad Days at the office & VAR was switched off...etc etc.

We are having or going through One of our better periods in our history. We have Great Technical Information or banter exchange platforms & most unfortunately

too often Championed First by, whimpy moaning,Blame-everybody else,whining, ill tide,negative 30+ Yrs teenagers..

We have become too smarmy& cynical.....

& I was the First Rebel with a Thousand causes...

If all These other Teams ,managers,oppo-players, are so crap, & Full of shit, then by default any  wins , & Great successes, we achieve, amount to zero..

Sorry just had myself a crap day in my cellar,..!! so Felt like a minny rage.!!!

Should have muted you ages ago. That'll do it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, KFS said:

What on god’s earth is this? lol 

6B7A076C-D126-4267-BAE7-D52F1755244F.jpeg

Genuinely had to do a double-take there to work out who he was.

He's 26 for Christ's sake. Even with the last two seasons he's had, I'd imagine the Very Hungry Caterpillar has a longer storyline.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Manwell Pablo said:

I think Arsenal fans do see it, it just infuriates them.

That said that was the case last season and they still somehow managed to have a better season than us come the end of it.

In what sense?  We were 5th in the table and they were 8th.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

If no contact was made then he'd probably have been a bit more controlled. 

But hard to say for sure as its an imaginary situation. 

I'm saying if the exact some corner was played in, and Boly made exactly the same movements as Luiz, but got the ball instead. Its not imaginary, I'm suggesting the exact same situation but with a different outcome.

I'll switch it for you. If Luiz had scored rather then clashing with Jimenez, you wouldn't be talking about how dangerous it was that he'd throw himself in there, you'd probably be moaning about the defending, and your players not being brave enough.

15 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

They achieved the same as us (Europa League) but also won a trophy. They had a better season than we did.

No, they achieved the same as because the won that trophy.

• Sad 1