Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, The Bear said:

More of a pen than a booking. He definitely caught his foot/toe.

If that had been Man Utd, Fernandes would have scored by now. 

I agree - think there was contact. Had it been the other way, the ref would have pointed to the spot

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Are Wolves a better team without Jiminez? Or is this just a reaction to adversity?

I think it's a reaction to Nuno finally taking off the handbrake, rather than trying to bore his way to wins. Wolves' attacking players have always been constrained by his system. Reverting to a 4 at the back has made a huge difference to their attacking prowess, even without their best striker on the pitch. Puzzling why he hasn't done it before. Hope Brendan has noted it....

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StevieLynex said:

I agree - think there was contact. Had it been the other way, the ref would have pointed to the spot

This is what pisses me off about VAR. No doubt Marriner had one quick look before the side on angle was shown and instantly dismissed it. Yet that angle showed clear contact on his foot. If it was a "big 6 club", there would have been much more investigation into it and angles watched repeatedly. 

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, foxfanazer said:

Arsenal have fully transitioned into an Everton type club. You look at their 11 and question how many getting into our team 

Auba

2 minutes ago, zorro en españa said:

Fair point .... and yes Sidwell/ Simpson were excellent

Sky have big names who pull out poor analysis or add nothing but their name. BT have a mix of big names who add nothing, people like Hargreaves who add some great analysis and then less big names who offer some great insight and are genuinely interesting to listen to. 

14 minutes ago, The Bear said:

You look at this and remember that Luiz is running in full pelt and Jimenez is completely unaware and jumping up still/backwards. 

Screenshot_20201129-202418.jpeg

So what you're saying is Jiminez has jumped backwards for a ball hes gonna struggle to get, when his teammate is behind him, fully aware players will be running to attack the ball, and has shown a complete lack of awareness of his surroundings and the situation. I mean Luiz is running at space until Jiminez puts his head into it.

Guest StevieLynex
Just now, AKCJ said:

Arsenal's squad outside of Aubameyang and Leno is incredibly average. Barely top 10 standard.

Tierney's not bad

2 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

So what you're saying is Jiminez has jumped backwards for a ball hes gonna struggle to get, when his teammate is behind him, fully aware players will be running to attack the ball, and has shown a complete lack of awareness of his surroundings and the situation. I mean Luiz is running at space until Jiminez puts his head into it.

I'm not sure if you're just being purposely argumentative or if you're genuinely suggesting Jimenez is at fault :mellow:

• Like 1

Might be an unpopular opinion but Solskjaer is a better manager than Arteta.

Arteta is taking Arsenal backwards, and they were already way behind and his signings have been terrible. 
Can’t believe either of them are managing at the very highest level.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Arteta is taking Arsenal backwards, and they were already way behind and his signings have been terrible. 

He's living off that Pep experience and praise as well as a few decent performances in the FA Cup

• Like 1

Guest StevieLynex
1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

Dyche is probably a better manager than Arteta

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Well Jimenez won the ball cleanly so not sure what you're smoking.