Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Premier League 2020/21 Thread

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I hope this isn’t a mason scenario .....nuno looks shocked 

What was the Mason scenario?

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

Concussion substitutes can't come soon enough. He should be allowed to go off for 5 minutes and be assessed properly for his own well being.

Oh 100%, we keep hearing how football has advanced in terms of head injuries, but let's be honest it's the one sport that is so far behind in terms of concussion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Hoping Jimenez will be OK. That sounded really bad and he absorbed the worst impact.

Meanwhile, checked briefly into the Wolves’ forum, and they are screaming for a red card for Luiz. That’s clearly accidental.

Blame culture at its worst. Really hope he's ok

Just now, UniFox21 said:

Oh 100%, we keep hearing how football has advanced in terms of head injuries, but let's be honest it's the one sport that is so far behind in terms of concussion. 

He fractured his skull while playing for hull and after quite a few months of recovery the doctors told him that he could never play again due to the damage left behind. I think he was in his mid 20s when he retired.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Ryan Mason clashed heads with Gary Cahill a few years back and it was that bad he had to retire.

3 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

He fractured his skull while playing for hull and after quite a few months of recovery the doctors told him that he could never play again due to the damage left behind. I think he was in his mid 20s when he retired.

Ah yeah Ryan Mason, I'd forgotten that had happened. 

Edited by UniFox21

6 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

That incident is the worst I've ever seen in F1. All I can say is thank goodness the introduced the halo otherwise there were two incidents today that would in all likelihood ended very differently. 

The difference between today and Roger Williamson or Niki Lauda in the 1970s. 

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

****ing reckless **** Luiz. He should have been sent off with VAR. If you can be reckless in a challenge then diving head first at full speed into another players head should be just as reckless. 

Hope your player is alright mate 

• Like 1

I actually agree with the Wolves fan. It’s accidental but it’s ridiculously reckless the way he powered into that and it should be a Red.

Son was reckless but accidental when he injured Gomez but still deserved a red card.

The way the worlds gone is mad , where Pepe pushes his head into the Leeds lad and he goes down like he’s been shot, there’s outrage of a stone old red , yet serious incidents that could(I really pray not) end careers are not punished are just ridiculous.

Pray for Raul 🤞🙏🙏🤞

• Like 2

Just now, Finnegan said:

If one of our players was seriously hurt in that fashion we'd probably be over reacting a bit and emotional as well, Tbf to Bear. 

Yeah but that's us and this is our forum so we have that prerogative :ph34r:

Just now, Finnegan said:

If one of our players was seriously hurt in that fashion we'd probably be over reacting a bit and emotional as well, Tbf to Bear. 

Of course, it’s an extremely nasty injury. But equally how often are corners attacked like that by players in the box, it make me wonder why this doesn’t happen more often when you think about how many people are jockeying for position. 

Luiz sat there dazed and bleeding from a head injury.

I can't believe they let him play on. 

As much as he might feel OK just after the incident,  he or his team's physio shouldn't be the ones to call it.  

If you do that, one day there will be a tragedy on the pitch.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1