Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

3 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I get the feeling a lot of posters in this thread were not present for Yeovil Town at home.  Good win though that one.

I hope Atletico don't end up in it, because we all know what will happen then.  lol

Didn’t we draw with Yeovil at home?

Give us another Belgian away day and I'll be happy as a pig in shit. 

Wouldn't say no to APOEL, Hajduk Split, Ferencvaros or Sparta Prague either. 

• Like 1

The list of teams in group stage so far. Good to see our name there above Spurs too ;)  :D 

image.thumb.png.f37eeb8dc79892df21bdec3e0b5fde3f.png

Leverkusen will go in to CL if they win the Europa League

Napoli or Roma or Milan will be in Europa League as well depending on how Serie A finishes, as well as depending on how Napoli/Roma do in CL/EL respectively this season.

2 hours ago, That_Dude said:

They won't be until 2021 at the very least imo. The pandemic isn't over by a long shot and there are clusters igniting again everywhere. Our only hope is a vaccine.

Vaccine will only be available to vulnerable categories so we are fcked. They can’t even test us all so how an earth will they manage to vaccinate us😂

7 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I've just checked.  Were you there?  We won 1 0 lol

Lol played them twice, last time was the draw where Kasper scored and it wasn’t given. Was at that, no idea about the 1-0, could have been.

19 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

I get the feeling a lot of posters in this thread were not present for Yeovil Town at home.  Good win though that one.

I hope Atletico don't end up in it, because we all know what will happen then.  lol

It was heartbreaking when we got dumped out by them in the champions league. Weirdly they became the Spanish team I looked out for after they beat us in the uefa cup, I was a really young lad at the time and decided they were my Spanish team as id been to a game😂

It's also a tournament that English teams have done well in of late.

Liverpool made the final a few years back, Manchester United won it under Mourinho, an all-English final last season, Wolves on a great run this season to name but a few. No reason at all why we can't do well in this tournament and build a legacy for ourselves. 

If nothing else, we're going to get three European away days to enjoy. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s got to be the fashionable thing to do. Oh, Europa is shit. Who wants to play on a Thursday night blah blah. It’s not on. We are not that big. Not even close. Spurs took years in Europa before breaking into the champions league. 

I want us to go for it. Seville have built up a legacy winning this competition. This is the sort of team we should be aspiring to be like. We are light years behind the elite. However, get them to draw Seville or Leicester City. I guarantee you, their fans would fear/respect Seville then us. 

We need to build a legacy. We are privileged to be a part of this tournament. It is not an annoyance, it’s one, like the FA Cup or even the League cup, that we should try our best to win. If a city can can’t get themselves up for a European tie, they are following the wrong sport. 

Replying to yours but could be writing this reply to many that have already commented.

its the timing of the post really. We are all, myself included, very disappointed in our season going down the pan. Thursday night in Azerbaijan isn’t exactly appealing when we’ve been in a champions league spot all season. It’s like asking Father Christmas for the new FIFA and getting an old one from the bargain bin instead.

its the wooden spoon. But it isn’t a bad constellation prize and really as a club, with the right perspective we will hopefully be able to treat it as a positive in time.

everyones a bit sore at the moment, it’s a little too early to expect people to be buzzing about the Europa league because it is a disappointment compared to what we should have got. I’ve no doubt we’ll all be cheering the lads on and buzzing about it nearer the time and further away from the bitter disappointment of brendans bottlers and kasper being the new Gerard.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It's also a tournament that English teams have done well in of late.

Liverpool made the final a few years back, Manchester United won it under Mourinho, an all-English final last season, Wolves on a great run this season to name but a few. No reason at all why we can't do well in this tournament and build a legacy for ourselves. 

If nothing else, we're going to get three European away days to enjoy. 

Fulham!

2 hours ago, peterborofox said:

Only interest I'll have is if we pull Celtic in the group stage

It's the sort of competition I'm not interested in until the latter stages

Is that maybe because we're not usually in it, rather than the competition itself? 

8 minutes ago, dooflip said:

Replying to yours but could be writing this reply to many that have already commented.

its the timing of the post really. We are all, myself included, very disappointed in our season going down the pan. Thursday night in Azerbaijan isn’t exactly appealing when we’ve been in a champions league spot all season. It’s like asking Father Christmas for the new FIFA and getting an old one from the bargain bin instead.

its the wooden spoon. But it isn’t a bad constellation prize and really as a club, with the right perspective we will hopefully be able to treat it as a positive in time.

everyones a bit sore at the moment, it’s a little too early to expect people to be buzzing about the Europa league because it is a disappointment compared to what we should have got. I’ve no doubt we’ll all be cheering the lads on and buzzing about it nearer the time and further away from the bitter disappointment of brendans bottlers and kasper being the new Gerard.

I don’t doubt that. I am still feeling a bit low especially after the way we lost it today. I thought we were in the ascendency and had that error not occurred, we would’ve scored. If buts and maybe’s. You also remember the games where we have thrown away points. Certainly don’t have an issue with fans feeling low, I do myself. 

My issue is with comments where people completely be-little the competition as if we are too big for it and have bigger fish to fry. And granted, it may be people venting but come on, this is a fantastic tournament to be a part of. Hold off on the venting until a few days before putting a downer on a competition in which we have no history. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, if today you offer me, Europa via league qualification for the next five years, I’ll snap your hand off.