Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Hilarious how in general people are saying we have been woeful all year, showing relegation form, and have no squad depth, yet suddenly we can win the Europa League 🤣🤣

Completely discounting other strong teams, plus teams who finish 3rd in their Champions League group will be in it. And the fact we will need to use our shite squad to cope with Thursday travels then league on. Sunday. Some peoples logic is amazing. Bottom line is unless we strengthen really well, and reagin some sort of form, we ain't winning a European trophy. We couldn't beat Villa over 2 legs yet people think 3rd or 4th time in Europe in our history we can win the whole thing. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Everyone wanted the Champions League, but this competition shouldn't be disregarded. Even if we got into the Champions League, we would have been a low seed so realistically would probably have ended up in this competition anyway. And that's not a bad thing! This club is a project that is improving over time, and we've not had European football for 4 seasons. I hope we can go on a long run in the competition and would be disappointed if we didn't reach the top 8. If we played like we did in the first half of the season, we'd even have an outside chance to win it.

Realistically we should just enjoy the competition. There will be lots of unknown names, but I am sure we will bump into a few really decent teams along the way too, and those will make for good encounters. Roma, Milan (!), Napoli, Celtic, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille, Lyon, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim. There are still plenty of really decent teams in this competition.

Oh and we should dodge Atletico Madrid, so they can't dump us out of Europe again!

This...

If we'd qualified for CL we'd have been pot 4.  The group from hell - Bayern, Barca and Ajax or some such.  We'd have been lucky to finish 3rd and ended up in the europa league after xmas.

You do know this is the uefa cup as was dont you?

• Like 1

I find English fans attitude to the Europa League fascinating.

It seems the majority of clubs fans simply don't give a **** and would probably prefer their club not to be in it.

Such is the commercial and financial power of the Premier League it makes me wonder if fans will one day begin to lose interest in the Champions League.

• Like 2

It's great for our 'brand'.... at least three more countries will know of us now. The 'famous' underdog team that maybe aren't quite so underdoggy as everyone thought. 

I've spunked all my work holiday. But if travel is allowed, I will happily demand unpaid leave, throw a sickie or resign. Carpe Diem.

• Like 3

As others have said on here its a competition that only fans of the prem seem to look down on, few more quality signings and hopefully a decent run without injuries to our best players we could really have a good crack at this  next season

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Some clubs that are confirmed... 

Group stage:

Villarreal 

Hoffenheim

CSKA Moscow

Feyenoord

Braga

Sociedad

Lille

Nice

Qualifiers:

PSV 

Sporting Lisbon 

Granada 

Tottenham 

Standard Liege 

Charleroi

There's teams in there with a rich European pedigree, plus others that haven't even qualified and our fans are complaining.

Beggars belief.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Trav Le Bleu said:

There's teams in there with a rich European pedigree, plus others that haven't even qualified and our fans are complaining.

Beggars belief.

It's crazy that we're in amongst this lot when you consider 10 years ago we were envious of Stoke, Swansea, Wigan etc... Perspective is very important.

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue

When we beat boro in the league cup and qualified for Europe i was so proud of the team and I'm the same now, European football and people moan jesus christ if that doesn't appeal we might as well pack in.