Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

7 minutes ago, martyn said:

We'll get Sporting Lisbon and lose 1-0 both ties. Slimani and Silva scoring. 

I know a few will covet the edginess of a tense atmosphere, but hopefully we get a group with at least 1 nice place to visit and not all scary holes. We were spoiled with our Champions League group getting 3 of the nicest cities on the continent. 

Sociedad, Milan and Somewhere out east would be a decent draw. 

Incredibly unlikely as their coefficients are pretty much the same as ours. 

The Eastern European champions who will exit the Champions League qualifiers are on decent coefficient rankings because every year they are in European competition, 

20 hours ago, Izzy said:

I need a few weeks to get over this season first before thinking about the EL. Sorry 

When you have a Bad day or period in your daily,Weekly routines, do you cancel your thoughts....and customer contracts (in your case),

or do you just get on with it, then actually realise there has been Unique plus points.....e

Can I apply at your One man firm...as a Motivation Speaker & comedian.....:whistle: Then again...:smile:

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Jace said:

Will away fans travelling even be an option? My understanding was stadiums will only be reopened on a reduced capacity for home fans only due to this global pandemic 

Yeah can’t see us being allowed to travel away in this country next season never mind to different ones. 

There's a big difference between away fans travelling to a different country and away fans attending the game in the stadium.

How can fans be stopped from travelling? It can only happen if flights are cancelled or the Government stops us.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

19 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Anywhere in Italy, Spain, France, Germany or Eastern Europe will do me nicely.

There won't be any away fans allowed I'd imagine, but we can still go over there for the piss up.

Then 2 weeks quarantine....with a crate of best beer & crisps,with your Mrs & kids blocked off in other rooms....what The fk could be better...

Win,win...

• Like 2

UEFA seem to be gearing up for all international fixtures this year being behind closed doors to prevent some sides having an advantage and others not. I would imagine that this may be the case in their club competitions too.

4 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

3 Thursday in a row, twice, damn. We desperately need to pad out this squad, a few new faces needed.

We actually have a big enough squad. We just need to ship out half a dozen duds and replace them with good footballers!

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

It's great for our 'brand'.... at least three more countries will know of us now. The 'famous' underdog team that maybe aren't quite so underdoggy as everyone thought. 

I've spunked all my work holiday. But if travel is allowed, I will happily demand unpaid leave, throw a sickie or resign. Carpe Diem.

My hero....:blush:

I forgive und forget our forum clashes....:yesyes:

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, twister said:

the team will put on a good run in the comp.

but lets be serious the team lacks the depth to really compete in it next year

I cant see them winning it, to be brutally honest, not even close will chilwell and maddison going I think quarters at best

They aint going though..!!

We could get trips to Real sociedad ( San Sebastián) imagine the boys coming across on the 24 hr fun ferry for that or Valencia, Getafe which is Madrid or a Portuguese team much better than a certain shafting don’t you think? Let’s enjoy the ride

2 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Do we not have to participate in the league Cup now with EL football?

Ask for Jon Moss to ref and we will be eliminated at the first hurdle - so no worries there.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Do we not have to participate in the league Cup now with EL football?

Some news outlets saying the sides with European football won't be in, others saying they'll just play reserve sides (like Liverpool did last year), so it's still up in the air

• Like 1

Looking forward to it, I also think it will see us be more inclined to give players like Luke Thomas and George Hirst the odd game too which can only be a good thing for the development and knock on effect to the rest of the academy.

I felt our academy was starting to get a little disillusioned with the likes of Calvin Bassey and Dennis Gyfalmi leaving and might make others do the same but Thomas and Hirst, plus Dewsbury-Hall will give others hope and might make recruitment much easier too. This new training ground must be a huge pull, hopefully we invest some serious money in to our academy as well. 

Gladbach or Leverkusen and a few minnows would be a great group, i definitely want one decent team in there to make it feel more interesting and serious.

Anyone turning their nose up at the EL once the dust settles on this bottle job needs to consider if footballs for them anymore. Whats the point? We all want to be challenging the elite and this is another challenge to test ourselves.

38 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

We could get trips to Real sociedad ( San Sebastián) imagine the boys coming across on the 24 hr fun ferry for that or Valencia, Getafe which is Madrid or a Portuguese team much better than a certain shafting don’t you think? Let’s enjoy the ride

Valencia aren't in the competition next season.