Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

7 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Look at it this way: with how the big teams have strengthened already it would have been unlikely to retain top 4 next year. If we actually develop a decent squad and mentality we should have more than enough to win it and that’s our ticket to CL next year. On top of a shiny European trophy in the cabinet.

If anyone can show me a single sign from Leicester since December that suggests we can even get close to winning the Europa League then please go ahead...

• Like 1

Everyone wanted the Champions League, but this competition shouldn't be disregarded. Even if we got into the Champions League, we would have been a low seed so realistically would probably have ended up in this competition anyway. And that's not a bad thing! This club is a project that is improving over time, and we've not had European football for 4 seasons. I hope we can go on a long run in the competition and would be disappointed if we didn't reach the top 8. If we played like we did in the first half of the season, we'd even have an outside chance to win it.

Realistically we should just enjoy the competition. There will be lots of unknown names, but I am sure we will bump into a few really decent teams along the way too, and those will make for good encounters. Roma, Milan (!), Napoli, Celtic, Sporting Lisbon, Marseille, Lyon, Leverkusen, Hoffenheim. There are still plenty of really decent teams in this competition.

Oh and we should dodge Atletico Madrid, so they can't dump us out of Europe again!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

If anyone can show me a single sign from Leicester since December that suggests we can even get close to winning the Europa League then please go ahead...

There are none, we may well be bottom half and be out in the groups to be honest.

16 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Depends on whether fans are allowed in next season 

They won't be until 2021 at the very least imo. The pandemic isn't over by a long shot and there are clusters igniting again everywhere. Our only hope is a vaccine.

Edited by That_Dude

I’m looking forward to seeing who we draw and seeing us play in Europe again, obviously, it’s what supporting a football team is about. It should have been Wednesday nights though with the real big boys - we were in such a good spot it was basically nailed on! 

Winnable. By the time the group stages start we'll be close to having a fully fit squad and will have added in a few players who can hopefully take us to the next level. If we do and we manage to get back to our early 2019/20 form, then there's no reason why we can't be one of the strongest sides in the competition. Lets do this.

37 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Couldn't give a shit about it to be honest ****ing Thursday Night inconvenience. Sunday games every weekend. Shit.

Your name really suits you mate.

Europa is another step up for us, tests ourselves against the next tier of opposition and gain experience from it. Properly snobby attitude, winning the league has really turned a lot of our fans into snobs