Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

Providing fans are allowed in Ferencvaros (if they don’t get champions league) would be great Budapest is outstanding and their atmosphere is great, the arse end of nowhere in Scandinavia and a completely random Eastern European for me.

Milan is shit and I don’t fancy getting stabbed in Naples or Rome, Spain is alright, would take Lisbon.

16 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

There's teams in there with a rich European pedigree, plus others that haven't even qualified and our fans are complaining.

Beggars belief.

Enough that means we could be as low as Pot 3 in the rankings for the groups 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Plenty of teams in there where we will have to duck and cover from.

With the places given to teams who fail to qualify in the Champions League qualifiers, there’s a near certainty that we will have some utter nutcases to potentially draw out 

Just now, Costock_Fox said:

Providing fans are allowed in Ferencvaros (if they don’t get champions league) would be great Budapest is outstanding and their atmosphere is great, the arse end of nowhere in Scandinavia and a completely random Eastern European for me.

Milan is shit and I don’t fancy getting stabbed in Naples or Rome, Spain is alright, would take Lisbon.

Hungary is one of the only places that big crowds are being let in stadiums. Although the UK is still a red zone nation to Hungary 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Hungary is one of the only places that big crowds are being let in stadiums. Although the UK is still a red zone nation to Hungary 

Oh yeah come the winter and I suspect we aren’t going anywhere.

Was in Budapest when Ferencvaros played Dinamo Zagreb in the champions league qualifier last year, best atmosphere I’ve been in. Was drinking pints of wine in the stands, what a night lol 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very entitled fans amongst us.

Yeah exactly, I don’t get the attitude at all. It’s this we’ve got to play Thursday and Sunday and some Eastern European team. Who gives a shit. I just about understand it when teams like Liverpool, Man U etc. Who have consistently played CL complain but us trying to pretend we are too big for Europe is just daft. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IsItMuzzy said:

Might as well try and be positive about it. Who do we want in the group? 

Brugge Antwerp, Porto Sporting, and Copenhagen will do.  :)

In fact I could get excited over a chance to **** Sporting over after our transfer dealings.  Turnabout fair play and all.

• Like 1

the team will put on a good run in the comp.

but lets be serious the team lacks the depth to really compete in it next year

I cant see them winning it, to be brutally honest, not even close will chilwell and maddison going I think quarters at best

Just now, Mickyblueeyes said:

Yeah exactly, I don’t get the attitude at all. It’s this we’ve got to play Thursday and Sunday and some Eastern European team. Who gives a shit. I just about understand it when teams like Liverpool, Man U etc. Who have consistently played CL complain but us trying to pretend we are too big for Europe is just daft. 

It's disappointing because this kind of shite filters it's way in to the stadium and just makes a mockery of our fanbase, albeit (hopefully) a minority.

If we needed to win to get in to the Europa League on the final day of the season, I can guarantee there'd have been cheers in the stadium from fans if we were to draw/lose. Pathetic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hinckleyfox said:

The absolute state of some of the comments on here. We’re in Europe for Christ sake, and some of you are MOANING??? Just as bad as the Man U fans thinking they’re entitled to champions league.

Its a rubbish way to finish a season, but get a grip of yourself lads, seriously. 

Spot on.

Top six finish, European football, Golden Boot for Vardy. Excellent season.

• Like 2

I am concerned it might be a bit of a poison chalice. Could be a hang over from this afternoon but I see our participations biggest impact will be on our premier season.

I think the so called top six will be exactly that next season and feel Sheff U and Wolves will be safely in the top half.

We need a bigger, certainly stronger squad to cope and I cannot see Rogers, aided by Congerton, signing the quality we need.

Too many games me thinks and consequently - at best - a 10th place finish.

1 hour ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Sorry all those too good for the Europa. How many times have we won it ? How many times have won a trophy ? Seriously, let’s go back to league one, at least their mid-week games are on a Wednesday. 

Agreed need to get a reality check.

1 hour ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Couldn't give a shit about it to be honest ****ing Thursday Night inconvenience. Sunday games every weekend. Shit.

O k just let's go back to the Championship ,would that cheer you up ?

Group stage fixtures are 22 and 29 October, 5 and 26 November, 3 and 10 December, so two blocks of three successive European Thursday nights.

Final qualifying round Is 1 October; group stage draw 2 October in Athens.

In terms of group draw, we should be equipped to get through with a fit and bolstered squad. 

We're likely to be in either Pot 2 or Pot 3 with our coefficient. On the basis of coefficients, the hardest draw we could possibly have received would've been:

Sevilla 

PSV

Leicester City 

Vitoria de Guimares

With a full squad, that's very doable in my opinion. And that's a Group of Death worst case scenario. Take into account some of the teams who get into Pot 4 from places like Luxembourg, Kazakhstan and other such leagues and we should be OK. 

Wolves have had a superb run despite being some way off our best XI. 

The away days should be great too. Fewer tourists, bigger allocations, more winnable games and cheaper flights than some of the Champions League venues in the group stages and some real pedigree clubs; especially at the knockout stages. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

I’m not sure if it’s canclled now but can OH Leuven still make the EL? 

Not sure but I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be allowed. Either a change of ownership or OH Leuven forfeiting their place would need to happen.

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Very entitled fans amongst us.

Indeed there is. I hope a lot of it is stemming from the overriding disappointment of missing out on the champions league though.