Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
IsItMuzzy

Europa League 20/21

9 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah, I’ve done Ukraine but that was the euros so it was alright other than Kharkiv which was a bit dicey.

Should be able to practice these dodgy euro fixtures with Leeds away. Dress 1970s style compulsory.

I seriously don't get the mindset of some of our 'fans'. As disappointing as the ending of our season was, we still have some sort of European football to look forward to. A new test for our players and will be a massive learning curve for many of them. 

• Like 3

Good that we go straight into the groups, cant be doing with any of this extra preliminary qualifying nonsense.

Have we got all the dates yet? If its starting late hopefully Rodgers will be gone by the time it does.

Due to be in Budapest for matchweek 5, depending on how the next few months of Coronavirus go. Do Hungarian clubs tend to qualify for the groups stage? Be fantastic if that worked out lol 

Final in Gdansk May 26th if anyone needs to book holidays in advance :dry:

15 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

I seriously don't get the mindset of some of our 'fans'. As disappointing as the ending of our season was, we still have some sort of European football to look forward to. A new test for our players and will be a massive learning curve for many of them. 

On current form we'll be out of the Europa League by the group stages.

I can just picture it now. Travelling back from Roma or Bayer Leverkusen after being hammered and then away to the likes of Man Utd or Man City on the Sunday.

15th in the table at Christmas after all the promise of late last year. All the time the gaffer will be coming up with bigger and better excuses for it all.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

Good that we go straight into the groups, cant be doing with any of this extra preliminary qualifying nonsense.

Have we got all the dates yet? If its starting late hopefully Rodgers will be gone by the time it does.

image.png.fd05dafc422ac2b48fcbda922eca1ee2.png

A much condensed group stage with three games over consecutive Thursdays, three week break and then three more Thursdays.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

It is what it is, I wanted Champions League but we've got Europa - by the time the games come around I'll be so excited at the prospect of travelling abroad with Leicester City that my disappointment from this season will be long gone. Standing in a European square with thousands of people from your city is incredible and I wont hear a bad word said about it...

It would be nice to win the games too :ph34r:

*I know Covid may stop us going

• Like 2

One bonus is that if we can travel, some of these countries located on the farthest reaches of Europe have cheap beer..... I ended up in a Slovakia during a summer round trip and got trollied on €10 frequently.... the lads knew exactly what they were doing.... all aboard the Europa piss up express! 

Edited by Pliskin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, StanSP said:

Some clubs that are confirmed... 

Group stage:

Villarreal 

Hoffenheim

CSKA Moscow

Feyenoord

Braga

Sociedad

Lille

Nice

Qualifiers:

PSV 

Sporting Lisbon 

Granada 

Tottenham 

Standard Liege 

Charleroi

The last one on that qualified list looks nice.

We'll get Sporting Lisbon and lose 1-0 both ties. Slimani and Silva scoring. 

I know a few will covet the edginess of a tense atmosphere, but hopefully we get a group with at least 1 nice place to visit and not all scary holes. We were spoiled with our Champions League group getting 3 of the nicest cities on the continent. 

Sociedad, Milan and Somewhere out east would be a decent draw. 

Edited by martyn