Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hitesh

2020/21 Premier League Fixtures

11 minutes ago, Japanfox said:

It doesn't matter who we get and when we get them..  we still need to play them and plan for when they come.   We are Leicester, we won when we shouldn't and lose when we should.   That is why we love and follow Leicester tight........

Well it does. If we are in a terrible run of form going into our last three games it doesn’t do the morale much good As well as the confidence etc. Obviously we have to play all teams twice but a last three of Man Utd, Chelsea & Tottenham compared to Newcastle, Brighton & Fulham can make a huge difference. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's predicted we'll be able to be in before Christmas, but that's under the assumption the R0 doesn't increase dramatically. The big telling point will be the return of Univeristies and the winter months, where a potential rise is suggested. 

You're mad if you think anything is assured in the current climate 

Nothing is assured, but I suspect they'll trial some matches before October 1st and then start phasing everyone from there. Question will be how long that lasts for, as fans at football matches is one of the last things to return and therefore will be one of the first things to be canned if there is a signs of a second wave.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

I don’t mean just in this thread. I mean in transfer threads, general threads and all sorts.

I know I don’t add much when I leave daft comments trying to add a laugh so accusations could be aimed re my posts either but all I’m saying is it’s probably not wise to moan about people moaning when you often moan at exactly that. 

And now I’m moaning at you moaning at people moaning. 

You only remember when I moan, but point taken. Unfortunately, the level of debate on here often does my head in, and I'm sad about that. 

17 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

It's predicted we'll be able to be in before Christmas, but that's under the assumption the R0 doesn't increase dramatically. The big telling point will be the return of Univeristies and the winter months, where a potential rise is suggested. 

You're mad if you think anything is assured in the current climate 

I am starting to get a bit concerned about unis going back (both professionally and also in general about what that will mean for the R rate).

It will be frustrating though if we don't get reduced capacity crowds back into stadiums - to me it seems a lot safer to be sat socially distanced in an open air stadium than in a tiny cafe. Obviously there is the travel to get there, but with reduced numbers, more people driving and hopefully the train companies sensibly obliging in putting on extra carriages for trains it shouldn't be too bad. 

Just now, The Horse's Mouth said:

I mean it's not luck, they were consistent over the course or the season to make that spot theres 

You make your own luck in life...

The question was did they storm promotion or did they just squeeze into it. They won 3 of their last 10 games, Brentford had 2 chances (I think) to secure their own promotion and failed to take either of them. It's the same as us, if we made top 4 you wouldn't be saying we stormed the top 4 because we were there all season, we were shit after the restart and would have only just gotten in by the skin of our teeth, much like WBA managed to do.

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You make your own luck in life...

The question was did they storm promotion or did they just squeeze into it. They won 3 of their last 10 games, Brentford had 2 chances (I think) to secure their own promotion and failed to take either of them. It's the same as us, if we made top 4 you wouldn't be saying we stormed the top 4 because we were there all season, we were shit after the restart and would have only just gotten in by the skin of our teeth, much like WBA managed to do.

We didn't they did, I'd call being in the position since September (longer than the eventual champions) storming it tbh 

44 minutes ago, deanolegend1989 said:

I swear every season we have a stinking last few games.

Utd and Chelsea away in 15/16.

Arsenal home, Spurs away Last 2 in 17/18

City away, Chelsea home last 2 18/19

Spurs away , Man Utd home 19/20

Man Utd away, Chelsea away, Spurs home 20/21.

like seriously, is that possible that 5/6 seasons we’ve had at least 2 top 6 opponents in our last 3 games!? Crazy.

Quoting my own quote but actually realise we had city away and spurs at home again in 16/17. I got fooled by remembering we had Bournemouth last day!

So actually we’ve had at least 2 top 6 opposition amongst our last 3 fixtures in 6 seasons in a row! Ridiculous!

2 minutes ago, rachhere said:

I am starting to get a bit concerned about unis going back (both professionally and also in general about what that will mean for the R rate).

It will be frustrating though if we don't get reduced capacity crowds back into stadiums - to me it seems a lot safer to be sat socially distanced in an open air stadium than in a tiny cafe. Obviously there is the travel to get there, but with reduced numbers, more people driving and hopefully the train companies sensibly obliging in putting on extra carriages for trains it shouldn't be too bad. 

I've got some concerns, we always see the appearance of "freshers flu", which has very similar symptoms to Covid for a start. And we're entrusting students to no be social outside of their residence bubble, my brothers will be a group of 6 for example. Professionally I've got concerns of having ~60 students in a poorly ventilated lab.

Biggest issue with stadiums is the concourse along with traveling in, wouldn't be shocked to see portaloo's and temporary structures added, especially in ours to ease the congestion. An Athletic article suggested the smaller grounds will struggle to get over 20% capacity. Don't envy the planners for this, but must be fascinating to work on

6 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

How will we watch the matches if we can’t go does anybody know yet? 

Nothing has been announced yet, obviously there's the regular methods of Sky/BT or streaming the games. Quite ironic that the Prem have spent years fighting piracy, yet if they don't play this right, will likely see a huge rise in it. 

I've mentioned above that I'd love to see a "season ticket" where you're able to watch all your teams games. I'd even compromise at not being able to watch any game brought by Sky/BT on the season ticket. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

How will we watch the matches if we can’t go does anybody know yet? 

The broadcasters have said no free to air games, so subscription channels only.

Club 'season tickets' might be an option. Some Championship clubs had this available last season and pay per view for the resumed games, £10 per match.

13 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I've got some concerns, we always see the appearance of "freshers flu", which has very similar symptoms to Covid for a start. And we're entrusting students to no be social outside of their residence bubble, my brothers will be a group of 6 for example. Professionally I've got concerns of having ~60 students in a poorly ventilated lab.

Biggest issue with stadiums is the concourse along with traveling in, wouldn't be shocked to see portaloo's and temporary structures added, especially in ours to ease the congestion. An Athletic article suggested the smaller grounds will struggle to get over 20% capacity. Don't envy the planners for this, but must be fascinating to work on

Hopefully there will be less people arriving with bugs at the start of term, which will ease things a bit. I do agree though that this is the thing - there's no way that students are going to be sticking to their bubbles. Wow, is that how many you might have at a time? That does seem a lot. 

I can definitely see them having portaloos and more food options outside of the ground. That will make staggered arrival times easier to manage as well. 

• Like 1