Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

39 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Good group actually. 2 winnable games and a tough one to really test them. Issue is whether or not any of them actually play 1st team players. 

Maybe players coming back from injury but I doubt it with our hectic schedule this year and squad rotations. 

Not bothered. Saw the draw. Would rather the other three actually have their chance of getting to Wembley. It's pathetic PL U23 sides are included in this and still surprised they didn't revert back considering the backlash it got last season.

• Like 2

Burnley have snapped up young defender Connor Barrett following his departure from Leicester City.

The teenager had been with the Foxes since the age of 11 and was part of the club's under-18 side.

The 18-year-old's time at his hometown club came to an end this summer - and he has now moved on to a new challenge.

Barrett, who can play at right-back or in central defence, will link up with the Clarets' under-23 squad, having agreed an initial one-year contract at Turf Moor

Describing his feelings at leaving Leicester and joining Burnley, he said: “It was disappointment - but also excitement.

“I knew that as one door closed another was opening and I’m excited about a new challenge.

“Leaving home will help me mature and it’s the next step of growing up.

“Burnley have established themselves in the Premier League and as a club it seems to have everything.

“You can’t really ask for more I want to try and cement a place in the Under-23s as a start and work from there.”

18 minutes ago, Nannypig7 said:

Signed Zach Booth from Real Salt Lake he's a cm Spurs were linked

7 goals in 8 from midfield over the last 2 seasons..? Decent if I'm reading it correctly.

Screenshot_20200823-184210_Chrome.jpg

Edited by sdb