Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

4 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1808417/beaglehole-expecting-to-face-a-strong-hull-side

Beaglehole says his U23 squad are going to be a much younger group than last season - if true that's a positive step and hopefully one led by Rodgers.

I can see how that can be true given Knight, Johnson, Hughes, KDH, Ndukwu, Eppiah and Muskwe are now 'over-21' for the PL squad and therefore unlikely to be kept around; you've then got Thomas, Hirst, Leshabela and Clark who are all surely at the front of the queue for loan moves. All of that bunch except Hughes, Clark and Ndukwu have been part of the senior pre-season group which Rodgers said are most likely going to get loans.

If most of those go as expected, you're left with a core XI of Stolarczyk/Bosworth; Daley-Campbell, O'Connor, ?, ?; Hulme, Wright, Tavares; Reghba, Shade, Pennant. They'll also have McAteer, Flynn, Leathers and Arlott-John likely stepping up from the U18s, and maybe more given they've released lots of the older guys of late.

Intrigued to see who's involved tomorrow.

I thought Beaglehole wasn't in charge of the U23's anymore?

2 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Was shite at Southend so they sent him back, think their fans managed to bully him off Twitter after he said 'thank god' after this happened.

He's 22 now and out of contract next summer, don't think he has the work ethic to make it.

...funnily enough....I have never seen him smile on any occasion and appears, at least from this photo, a different player!!!

He has the talent, he just does not apply himself or get involved in the game as he should or need to. I would love to see what the first team coaches can do with him and what they see is best position.

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I thought Beaglehole wasn't in charge of the U23's anymore?

@jamesmilner suggested the club were looking at a B team model with Petty taking the U23s. Seemingly that's not happening or was perhaps a temporary thing for pre-season to get lots of players fit?

There's still a little group that won't be involved in the PL squad that were with the seniors for pre-season (Johnson, Tavares, Muskwe, Eppiah etc.) plus the deadwood loanees that will struggle for games in the next four weeks if they don't get moves until late, so I wouldn't rule it out.

8 hours ago, rachhere said:

He looks happy! Fingers crossed he gets to play more a central role this year, with George Hirst (presumably) moving on from the U23s this year. 

Reghba always impressed me more than Hirst, not going to lie. Just feels like there's more to his game. Hopefully he'll get a much bigger chance to prove himself this season.

22 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

@jamesmilner suggested the club were looking at a B team model with Petty taking the U23s. Seemingly that's not happening or was perhaps a temporary thing for pre-season to get lots of players fit?

There's still a little group that won't be involved in the PL squad that were with the seniors for pre-season (Johnson, Tavares, Muskwe, Eppiah etc.) plus the deadwood loanees that will struggle for games in the next four weeks if they don't get moves until late, so I wouldn't rule it out.

That's not happening now but was in the pipeline . 

On 05/09/2020 at 17:18, jeffschlupp said:

Not sure, could easily be a signing for the U23s/U18s that has yet to be announced. The club haven't announced Suengchitthawon themselves yet either, we will probably see them say more about the U23s this week given they've got Hull on Tuesday then Man United in PL2 at the weekend. 

Looks a tall lad but doesn't look like O'Connor or any of the CB scholars coming through this year for example.

On 05/09/2020 at 17:03, Ric Flair said:

@jamesmilner @jeffschlupp @themightyfin

Any ideas who this lad is? I don't recognise him from our academy.

20200905_170035.jpg

20200905_170106.jpg

Ben Nelson 

• Like 2