Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UniFox21

2020/21 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

This is the most logical loan move to come surely.

Thank goodness they got promoted -- it means loan moves to OHL actually make footballing sense, as opposed to "King Power sense" -- much better playing Anderlecht, Club Brugge, Genk, and Ghent than the teams in the Belgium second division.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Random one but what happened to Ali Reghba

He didn’t have the best season. He got injured and then by the time he came back Hirst was the preferred option. Whenever I saw him he was getting into all the right positions, but just super rusty. Hopefully he will get to start more next season. 

On 28/08/2020 at 12:31, Collymore said:

That will be probably be a more talented bunch than the English U21. Very impressive

Gerimmallin. Every single one of them.  Must be some RB's in there somewhere.  Get it done Congastagne.

5 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

What do we think of Leshabela? I've not overly noticed him to be honest.

MrsG thinks he's great, he certainly looks ok in the U23s but that proves nothing when you see how many actually end up in a PL 1st team squad.

• Like 2

If we are going to loan a load of them out, I do hope we can recall some of them if needs be due to injuries. We have a lot of games ahead of us next season and we saw how quickly injuries racked up at the back end of last season. Rodgers prefers to work with a smaller squad but we need to have some youth players available to plug gaps that will occur.

This weird little pre-season makes me wonder how fit all the players will be, it's difficult to get players at full tilt once the season starts and that can have a knock on effect. The U23's however have been in for much longer and will be in better condition so there's definitely some benefit to keeping a few in the first team squad. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

This weird little pre-season makes me wonder how fit all the players will be, it's difficult to get players at full tilt once the season starts and that can have a knock on effect. The U23's however have been in for much longer and will be in better condition so there's definitely some benefit to keeping a few in the first team squad. 

A counter point to that would be the "off-season" was only around 3 weeks, and I'd assume all would've still had some sort of programme to do and follow. 

Just now, UniFox21 said:

A counter point to that would be the "off-season" was only around 3 weeks, and I'd assume all would've still had some sort of programme to do and follow. 

I was thinking about this, and it's hopefully a good thing but I thought we came back horribly sluggish after the restart and although we did get up to speed we got a number of injuries as well. I hope we have learnt from the restart and are better prepared but with certain players having to quarantine, the likes of Maddison, Fuchs and Ricardo still injured and this daft international break a week before the season starts and it doesn't feel ideal. Getting any players in and ready for next week is nigh on impossible too.

It is imperative we hit the ground running this season, with 2 winnable games to banish the negativity of last seasons slump. If we don't and we take a pasting vs Man City then there's a real danger that we are in a world of trouble.

• Like 1

On 03/09/2020 at 08:15, UniFox21 said:

I think I read a PL player somewhere saying that more than a week without playing a competitive match and your match fitness starts to go a bit. They'll certainly be fit, but being fit and being match fit aren't the same thing.

8 minutes ago, Webbo said:

When does the U23 season start? 

The first game are the EFL Trophy  is Sept 8th  after that I'm not sure.

• Like 1